1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED Bulb Thread

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by Colbaker, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ubern00b

Mobster

I am looking for some G4 dimmable warm white 2w+ bulbs but can't seem to find any. My Google Fu is weak, clearly. Help!

2. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Typing "g4 led dimmable warm white 2w" returns loads of hits. :confused:

3. ubern00b

Mobster

And when you read those hits most have the word 'non-dimmable'...

4. sityeuropa

Wise Guy

A light I have ordered has its own dimmer function with remote.

Can I still use my trailing edge dimmer switch to control it?

5. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

Unlikely, if you could I would expect it to say so in the specs.

6. LeeUK

Mobster

Bought some Status LED bulbs from ALDI. 5.5w 470 Lumen Warm White, supposed to be similar to a 40w standard bulb but they are more like a 60w standard bulb.

Got 3 in lights I use the most and very happy with them, cost less than £3 each.

7. DXP55

Mobster

Finally found replacements for my COB FL 9w bulbs - they now do long neck LEDs as a direct replacement. - I like the COBs but in the winter they take a while to get up to speed due to their bottoms sticking up into the loft. On order now.

Update -LEDs have arrived and one is installed - what a pallarva - The rubber suckers that you stick on to undo the bulb didn't stick due to ridges on lens - I can recommend Gorilla tape in a loop round your finger and stuck to the lens but even then they are hard to line up.

Second-- 5w LEDs in small bathroom is like having searchlights on ceiling hence one over the bog -

The other five are now in the fittings in the garage - they still fit standard LED fittings. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  8. Salty22

Hitman

Could you guys recommend some really bright but cold LED Gu10s?
    Currently got some generic 4000k Gu10 leds, not sure of power but the temp i really like.
    Ones just gone out and needs replacing

9. Hedge

Capodecina

We are starting work on an extension next week and I was wondering what spotlights you guys would recommend I choose for my kitchen / diner.

They are going to surround a lantern roof. I want something quite warm and not too clinical.

What lights are good? I don't mean just the bulbs. Can anyone spec downlighters? Thanks

10. Simon

Capodecina

Aurora M7 dimmables

11. NeilFawcett

Capodecina

Why those instead of more regular GU10 bulb units? ie: Where you can just change the GU10 bulb if/when it fails?

12. PiKe

Capodecina

Is there such a thing as an inexpensive BC that has colour changing but doesn't require a remote for each individual bulb?

13. Stu

Wise Guy

Why not change the light fitting, assuming it is a standard ceiling light hanging on flex from a ceiling rose.

14. PiKe

Capodecina

They're up-lighters.

15. sityeuropa

Wise Guy

Why do we have to put up with flickering LEDs? Had to buy some Philips GU10's recently to eliminate flicker strobe effect. Definitely not good to cheap out on lights.

16. willhub

Capodecina

I ordered a Yeelight V2 bulb (800Luments) RGB, it's so good I've ordered two more, will have one in bedroom and two in living room, they're absolutely brilliant, control from phone turn on/off away from home in case forgot to turn it off, brightness in any color is exceptional. I always wanted these sort of bulbs but Phillips Hue are just too much, for the price of two of those Phillips bulbs I've got 3 Yeelights and no need to shell out for a hub, just brilliant.

17. darude

Gangster

Can someone help recommend some 4/5W warm white GU10s?
    I'm looking for wider beam angles (wider than the standard 36/38 degrees).

The recommendations seems to be Screwfix, but most of their LAP bulbs are standard angles. I'm looking to do the entire house with about 80 bulbs :)

18. sityeuropa

Wise Guy

LAP have flicker I found.

19. jpaul

Sgarrista

diimmable ? but for angle you need to look for smd ones .. if the bulb is genuinely flush with the surface .

below in 3k, or ... I also posted a non-dimmable - search smd
    2 of my 6 hyperikon gu10's spots blew .. vendor refunded.

edit

20. Doobedoo

Wise Guy