LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
Flood – 70W Day White
flooden.jpg

Great find, Westy. I've been looking for something like this. Care to provide some searchable info to your seller?

Soldato
So after my previous success, I'm now after some more bulbs.

This time it's regular screw-fit E27 (Edison 27mm) in the classic shape, rather than GU10.

Current bulbs are 1200 Lumens, and are 97mm high by 56mm wide.

Anyone know a good LED replacement?
Done some searching:

Philips Core Pro LED bulb 10.5W (60W eqiv) E27 2700K (product page). 806 Lumens and 102.6mm long is the important bit!
It's been newly added to the same range as the 9.5W 600 Lumen model I've already bought a couple of.

Does anyone know of anything brighter that would fit? Everything else I find that's brighter is considerably larger :(.

Some more links: Philips brochure, Philips product sheet, retailer 1, retailer 2, retailer 3, retailer 4, retailer 5.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Got myself some engineering samples from work! Thought I'd have to buy 15 @ £8~ a pop for dimmable but the marketing guys felt kind. They're lovely and bright.

6NmMSaWl.jpg

Soldato
Can definitely recommend this type of light. I have 2 x 30w warm down the side of my house fantastic light.

Is that both lights mounted in the same spot?

Having looked around I can't find a cheaper floodlight - I think I'm gonna buy one no matter what my dad thinks!

Not a huge garden to put them in but 2 x 30w? or 1 x 70w?

Tough choices :(

Soldato
Anyone tried the TCP brand GU10 bulbs? Looking to get 7 for the kitchen.

http://www.tcpi.eu/product/view/LEDGU10

3000K, 250 lumens, CRI 80+, 30 degrees beam angle. How does that compare?

Well, I bought a load of these and as expected, they're pretty cold. Shall I just keep them and get used to them in the kitchen, or is there a good value "warm white" option out there?

These were only £4 each so pretty great value even it they're cold! Robert Dyas 2 for £5 with a 20% off voucher this weekend only.

Soldato
Is that both lights mounted in the same spot?

Having looked around I can't find a cheaper floodlight - I think I'm gonna buy one no matter what my dad thinks!

Not a huge garden to put them in but 2 x 30w? or 1 x 70w?

Tough choices :(

No, one mounted above the blue bin, the other at the far end of the photo near the black soil pipe. It is seriously bright down there, just like daylight.

The only thing I can't comment on is the throw of the light as they are only shining straight on to the floor. I don't know the shape of your garden but would suspect 2 lights would be better than one brighter.

Caporegime
I'm after some [preferrably Solar powered [preferrably not requiring masses of direct sunlight]] LED lights for the garden. These are to light trees/plants and the path up at dusk/night. I don't want super bright lights, and would prefer as warm a glow as possible. I know B&Q sell solar powered light sets, but quite frankly they look ****.

Wouldn't mind ones that have the Solar power cell attached by wire (eg so I can place those elsewhere, that'd be nifty). Obviously need to be weatherproof.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom