LED Bulb Thread

Can't type for toffee
Don
Few more pics I took today.
photo_1.jpg

(Girlfriends choice......)

photo_2.jpg

Also showing the range of dimming they can do.
photo_3.jpg

photo.jpg

Any more info on the kit you used mate?
I'm looking at multiple RGB strips and a controller.
How've you wired them up?
Ideally Im wanting some of those IR movement sensors too

Associate
Do you have a higher res version of this? :D

It looks good.

How high a version do you wish :p.

Ok the kit is:

1No. 150 Watt LED Transformer/Driver for Powering 12 Volt LED Lighting
(http://www.ledhut.co.uk/150-watt-led-transformer-driver.html)
6No. LED Strip - Gel Waterproof - 60 Large High Power LED Chips Per Metre (2.5 Metre Roll)
(http://www.ledhut.co.uk/led-strip-l...arm-white-best-price-on-the-internet-525.html)
1No. LED RGB Wall Controller RF

3No. RF Receiver for Single and Multi Zone Control

1No. Deck Lights - Colour Changing
1No. WIFI - RF adaptor

These are all fed from the 150kw driver, running to the individual FA-009 controllers, these then are wireless controlled through RF from the Wall panel, also can be controlled from my iPhone using WIFI.

Any others questions ask :p

Soldato
I'm after some quick and easy under cupboard lighting, any one got any recommendations? Preferably dimmable but also battery operated as do not want to route any wires?

Can't type for toffee
Don
Needed top order GU10's anyway so slapped in the RGB strips and the transformer above, I'm a little confused ont he controllers tho.

The one linked above states:
Allows multi zone controlling of up to 8 zones using 1 controller

Essentially I want the following:
LEDstrips.jpg

OK, trying to get my head around this:

As above, however, with one 150w transformer how do I power all 3 runs of LED and the controller?
Doesn't it only have one output?
Also if I'm using RGB I need 4 core cable correct?

These questions probably seem daft to some of you lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Is anyone able to recommend a dimmable SBC type bulb that has a reasonable light output please? I've bought some from Amazon which arrived but they're 4w/200lumens and aren't that great at maximum output.

Thanks.

Associate
Anyone have issues with the fitment of the Energy Saving LED GU10 (recommended by the jontank website linked earlier)? I purchased a MR 16 and a GU10 (warm and cool of each to test), the MR16's fit perfectly, however the GU10's are quite a tight fit in the existing chrome ring, whereas the old non-LED basically drop out when you remove the metal bracket thing.

Soldato
Anyone have issues with the fitment of the Energy Saving LED GU10 (recommended by the jontank website linked earlier)? I purchased a MR 16 and a GU10 (warm and cool of each to test), the MR16's fit perfectly, however the GU10's are quite a tight fit in the existing chrome ring, whereas the old non-LED basically drop out when you remove the metal bracket thing.

Some led lamps have raised rim at the front, making it awkward & a tight fit for some fittings.

I have some Saxby track spots, which has a removable bezel to access the lamp, some led GU10's are just too tight a fit.

Associate
Some led lamps have raised rim at the front, making it awkward & a tight fit for some fittings.

I have some Saxby track spots, which has a removable bezel to access the lamp, some led GU10's are just too tight a fit.

Thanks, any recommendations out of the simply led or led hut which have a smaller bezel? I might just pull the trigger and order one from each to test. Are the Saxy GU10's available in the UK? Do you recommend them>

Associate
As above, however, with one 150w transformer how do I power all 3 runs of LED and the controller?
Doesn't it only have one output?
Also if I'm using RGB I need 4 core cable correct?

These questions probably seem daft to some of you lol

Basically the power is just link in series to the different controllers etc. It has normally 2 leads for supply though.

You are correct regarding the RGB 4 core cable, the bay is your friend there :)

Can't type for toffee
Don
Getting there, was me just completely reading things wrong :p
Spoke to the LEDhut and they advised any 4core 0.75mm cable will be fine, so rather than pay silly prices for specifically colored flat cable just grabbed some flexible 4 core flex for the hidden bits.

Ran the cables before putting the plasterboards up so when skimmed just need to punch thru and hookup to the controllers. the transformer is a bit bigger than I was thinking so gonna mount it in the cupboard with the gas meter and leccy meter so easy to replace if owt goes wrong.

Associate
Anyone ordered the daylight Bulbs - if so could you please comment if your happy with the type of light they produce. Looking to get them for 6 down lights in the kitchen and I do want something in-between cool and warm.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom