LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
Nightglow

I just went to measure from the drawing you did me an I've measured wrong. Sorry for messing you about. Have remeasure and had help this time.

If you can reply to the trust and want the job more than happy to pay you

Have sent another reply, as I have a few gremlins this end cause problems.

Will work out your sketch this evening.

With all the led lamps, have a look at Click Flow connectors.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLCT300.html

Last edited:

RJC

RJC

Don
Looks like a trip to Toolstation tomorrow as my LED GU10 lamps purchased seem to have a fault were the base comes away from the Heatsink / lamp area, removed one and it split in half... tried another the base is very loose and the 3rd has come completely away. The fourth seems to be ok for now.

It looks like the base and lamp / heatsink have been over tightened and with the heat has coursed it to expand and break the screw mounts.

Lamps in question:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Lig...p+GU10+Cool+White+350lm+A+/d220/sd3276/p72565

Last edited:
Permabanned
You've bought cool white for your upstairs landing?

Have you concidered my landing has no windows and is being painted Dulux Chic Shadow and Matt black with only door frames and skirting in gloss, celling and coving in white. Brighter the better.

Why what you suggest.

Caporegime
Have you concidered my landing has no windows and is being painted Dulux Chic Shadow and Matt black with only door frames and skirting in gloss, celling and coving in white. Brighter the better.

Why what you suggest.

I don't think any light is going to save you when you've painted a room with no windows in matt black, but cool white will look incredibly harsh.

Colour temperature and brightness aren't the same thing - cooler temperatures are perceived as being brighter, but there's no reason you can't get bright light in 3000k.

Caporegime
Trip report on the Integral GLS lamps - I think the highest praise I can give them is that they are totally indistinguishable from the lamp they are trying to mimic, other than the lack of dimming.

There's no perceivable flicker, the colour temperature is spot on, and the brightness definitely matches the claims.

Soldato
http://www.ledhut.co.uk/spot-lights...umens-45-watts-equiv-best-internet-price.html

Need to potentially replace 18 of these over next few months in a open plan kitchen/sitting area. (3 strips of 6)

I've currently got 4 bulbs out so was going to order 6 bulbs just now to test and see how they look in one of the strips.

Should I go with cool for that area? It's pretty light during the day time so bulbs only on in the evening/night time etc.

Soldato
Wow! 120 degree is very wide angle, suggest you try a 60 degree lamp for comparison as well.

Some find Cool White too harsh, I know some using Daylight lamps, again order say one of each & see how you find the light, a lot depends on the room.

Associate
Sorry if this has been asked already, but has anyone gone from standard energy saving bulbs to LED's?

Do you notice any improvements in energy usage etc?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom