LED Bulb Thread

Changing GU10 Halogens to Lumilifes GU10 4.5w COB Cool White

DxMvvkSn

PgqvI9aY

20% off at LightRabbit for today only using code: LUCKY20. Just ordered 3 x COB 6w warm white GU10 bulbs. Hopefully the Quidco goes through at 10% as well.

Just fitted my first one after reading this thread earlier in the week - quite awesome and a definite improvement over CFL. Going to start a replacement programme for the rest of the CFL's over the next few months, with the computer room lamp being next. CFL's will then be consigned as emergency spares or recycled/disposed of.

Presumably LED's aren't full of mercury either?

Can anyone recommend an led bulb to go in the surroundings of a velux window.
I'm thinking a narrow angle would be best to keep a lot of the light from shining straight out of the window.
I've only got 2 to replace so ideally looking for a bright quality light, cheers.

13952207184350.jpg

Nightglow, any luck with the drawings and measurement i posted? I'm being begged to get it all done. I've sent you a trust. My offer of payment for you doing it is still on offer. Hope all is ok

Thought i'd give the cheapo ebay bulbs a shot, only need to cover the downstairs hallway, everything else in the house is fluorescent already (which i'll change over to LED when they eventually die).

Well you get what you pay for i suppose, plug in, turn on, take out the downstairs lighting circuit ....

1966079_10153912207780004_634967906_o.jpg

Makes hell of the bang when it goes! :eek:

So this thread has been going for some time now.
How are people finding their electricity bills?
The true reason I bought LEDs was because of their <12 months payback.

I will need to give a few readings to my energy supplier before I could comment on mine
I hope to be saving around £10-15 per month - I can't remember the exact figures but I calculated my usage for halogens and LEDs before I bought any.

Thought i'd give the cheapo ebay bulbs a shot, only need to cover the downstairs hallway, everything else in the house is fluorescent already (which i'll change over to LED when they eventually die).

Well you get what you pay for i suppose, plug in, turn on, take out the downstairs lighting circuit ....

Makes hell of the bang when it goes! :eek:

I avoid Ebay as I often feel it is full of fakes and cheap unsafe crap :(.

^^ it is, but at least now the boss has seen that LEDs have the output we need and she won't wig out when i spend out on some nice ones when the cfl lighting around the house dies off/turns yellow.

Worth buying?

Ok, massoooooove long thread so here's the deal - sell me on these LED bulbs for the house!! :D

We were wandering around in Homebase yesterday looking for nothing in particular when I spotted Duracell LED bulbs on special offer at £14.99 a twin pack. I remembered seeing this thread on here and mentioned to the missus that 'those are supposed to be good'. But when she replied 'Are they? Why?' I hadn't a clue what to say to her!

She reckons they will be far too bright and harsh. Is that the case, are they very bright compared to a 'normal' bulb? Why would you fit these in yer house?

Ta.

So this thread has been going for some time now.
How are people finding their electricity bills?
The true reason I bought LEDs was because of their <12 months payback.

I will need to give a few readings to my energy supplier before I could comment on mine
I hope to be saving around £10-15 per month - I can't remember the exact figures but I calculated my usage for halogens and LEDs before I bought any.

I've noticed that our household usage has gone down by about 10%. From 22KW/hr per day to 19.5KW/hr per day.

Anyone know of a shallow GU10 spotlight fitting? Thought I'd seen one recommended in this thread but cant find anything. Building our house at the mo and it's planned to have a 50mm gap between ceiling plasterboard and insulation board, so with board thickness of 12.5mm and a skim, gives about 65mm depth. Is there a fitting that could squeeze in that?

Anyone know of a shallow GU10 spotlight fitting? Thought I'd seen one recommended in this thread but cant find anything. Building our house at the mo and it's planned to have a 50mm gap between ceiling plasterboard and insulation board, so with board thickness of 12.5mm and a skim, gives about 65mm depth. Is there a fitting that could squeeze in that?

Unlikely to get a GU10 fitting that shallow, most around 86mm, so it would have to be a 'all in one' led light fitting.

MTG21 Fixed Downlight

Click Inceptor about 57mm depth.

Click Inceptor Micro.

Halers H2 Lite Fire Rated LED Downlight 57mm

There are a few others.

Last edited:
Nightglow if you don't want to help with the layout please tell me to stop asking. Just wanting to get them in asap

Back
Top Bottom