LED Bulb Thread

Permabanned
Nightglow

I just went to measure from the drawing you did me an I've measured wrong. Sorry for messing you about. Have remeasure and had help this time.

I've add a bedroom that we want to do and what with the loft project makes sense to do it now. Also added down stairs hallway as will need to order more lights so get the numbers now and whitest they are on offer.

If you can reply to the trust and want the job more than happy to pay you

Correct drawings below

30kf713.jpg

nnwv3b.jpg

14tlpqo.jpg

Thanks

He's been ill recently so hasn't been about much. I'm sure someone will be able to help if you post the details up.

Yeah he did mail me a few weeks ago saying about it all.

Man of Honour
Was shopping in Ikea, saw these baby 2 watt G9 LEDs and couldn't help myself, for my bedside lighting

only £4 each
IMG_5300.jpg

IMG_5301.jpg

Before they had a 40 watt in, 80 watts when both on at ones was far too bright and over powering, gone from 80 watts > 4 watts and a nicer light :)

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I think the recommendation is no more than 60cm from the walls and 90-120cm apart.

It depends on the angle and power of your bulbs too I guess.

Edit: oh and ceiling height matters too

Last edited:
Soldato
20% off at LightRabbit for today only using code: LUCKY20. Just ordered 3 x COB 6w warm white GU10 bulbs. Hopefully the Quidco goes through at 10% as well.

Still waiting for this order I made on 17th March. The product was shown as in stock on the website but then got an email saying they were out of stock, yet they have taken my money :rolleyes:.

Then it said back in stock 7th April, then when it got to 7th it was pushed back to 14th and now 17th :mad:. What a joke, have asked for a refund as this is getting ridiculous.

Second time I have ordered from them and the second time there has been a problem. I should have learnt the first time.

Soldato
Hi guys my extension build is progressing and the electrical first fit will be due soon, rough mock up below shows what I’m looking to put in downstairs:-

ExtLightMock.JPG

looking for a recommendation for dimmable LED down lights, or alternatively any other lighting solution that would be more appropriate for this room?

Many thanks. :)

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Varilight dimmers have the lowest minimum wattage threshold I've come across (10W). As for bulbs, there's quite a few on the market and very little in the way of reliable comparisons.

If you're going to give 2 x 2-bulb gangs a try, I'd suggest going for the highest wattage LED bulb you can find. You won't know for sure until you've wired it up though if it's going to dim without problems. Be aware not all GU10 bulbs are the same size.

You may be able to add a fake load to the circuit but if you're going to do that you may as well go halogen for such a small number of bulbs or stick to 1-gang in the sitting area.

Soldato
Last edited:
Permabanned
Is Nightglow still about? Really need to get the measurments for the spot light placement and get them fitted. Getting it in the neck but have no idea my self what spacing etc

Associate
Just worked out the cost to replace all my bulbs. £194.20 exc VAT!
They pay the VAT this week so I feel I should jump. There is also a 20% off on Quidco so this takes it down to £155.36 after cashback.

Associate
Any one know where the best place to source led baton style lights , i've swapped over all of the house hold ones to either e27 or b22 fitting but we have a baton style light in the garage that's i'd like to switch im hoping it's a straight an easy bulb swap in stead of having to buy a whole lighting unit , if im not being clear enough i'll post an actual picture of the current light that needs replacing

Soldato
Anyone purchased G9s from LEDhut? I bought the 1.5w bulbs which arrived yesterday and have to say I'm very disappointed.

First of all they are nowhere near as bright as the halogen bulbs they are replacing - has anyone tried the 3.5w?

Secondly a few of the bulbs won't stay lit, they randomly switch off and back on again, very odd.

Any ideas?

Associate
I have the same flicking issue with MR16's after installing them yesterday. From what I have read I need to change the transformer/driver. Just hope that the electrician who did my loft conversion put it in a place I can access! Also hoping all 10 lights come off the same transformer to save me some having to buy three lots.

http://www.ledhut.co.uk/drivers-fittings-switches/drivers-transformers.html

Other than that I installed the replacement bayonet and candle bulbs and they work great. I put cool white G10 in the bathroom and kitchen and it looks very different. The 4.5w bulbs kick off loads of light. The only issue I have is it's shown up all the dirt in the bathroom so this weekend I need to clean it. Impressed so far just need to get the MR16's working.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom