LED Bulb Thread

Permabanned
14tlpqo.jpg

1285 mm front wall to bottom of staircase missing on drawing

Am using Sylvania Fire Rated Downlight Fixed GU10 Mains Brushed Stee

Have 20x 4.5 Watt GU10 LED Bulb - Wide Beam Angle - Cool White GU10-4.5W-CW From LED hut

Can anyone help with the number of lights I need and layout.

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone recommend a good replacement for 50w halogen GU10 that has a colour temp of 2700k?

I've kitted out my kitchen with LED but my wife's not so keen on the 3000k colour temp so looking at something warmer for other parts of the house.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good replacement for 50w halogen GU10 that has a colour temp of 2700k?

I've kitted out my kitchen with LED but my wife's not so keen on the 3000k colour temp so looking at something warmer for other parts of the house.

Superflare do a great wide angle one. LightRabbit do a similar specced one with a more narrow angle (probably closer to what you have already).

Soldato
Has anyone got any experience with a solar PIR lights? Im looking for one to go out the back and a smart one for the front

Soldato
Yep its a lot of money which is why I only did one room, we have 220 bulbs in the whole house so I can't afford to do them all.

I use the kitchen more than any other room in the house hence me putting them in there. They are expensive but the quality of the light they emit is just miles ahead of anything else I have tried.

You get what you pay for

Soldato
Can anyone recommend some decent MR16 bulbs? I've got some Megaman ones which are pretty good but I've got some other lights to refit in other rooms so I thought I might give some others a try. There's so many options and new bulbs coming onto the market it seems difficult just to work out which ones are best from one manufacturer!

Soldato
So here are the 135 degree warm white 7W led.
https://www.energysavingled.com/product/led-spots/v7-7w-led-spot/
DSC_0331_zps8138a069.jpg

Here in the middle we have a cheaper bulb, I am still quite impressed overall. The beam angle is a little too wide at 60 degrees.
https://www.energysavingled.com/product/led-spots/5w-led-spot/

2nd one from the left is this bulb, its a little warmer than a Halogen bulb, beam angel is just right at 38 degrees.
https://www.energysavingled.com/product/dimmable-led/7w-dimmable-led-spot/

DSC_0342_zps95a0d729.jpg

This one has some sort of LED tape in it, its just way way too bight. quite silly really.
DSC_0345_zpscd1b6aad.jpg

Caporegime
I've worked out why you might have 220 lamps in your house now, it's like someone had a box of GU10 fittings they needed to use up.

Soldato
I've worked out why you might have 220 lamps in your house now, it's like someone had a box of GU10 fittings they needed to use up.

LOL, we have quite high ceilings so we need quit a lot of light, the living room is 5.5m high and the kitchen 3.3 on the lower flat bit.

I am going to try out some of the NextGen III bulbs soon.

Associate
I have a ceiling fan with light and remote control dimmer switch. The light fitting is an e27. If i get a dimmable led to replace the halogen that was in there, will the dimmer still work?

Soldato
What are the best bulbs for a standard GU10 240v refit? No dimming requred but got quite a few to do so a decent price would be handy on the budget.

IMO the COB bulbs seem to be the best about for the price at the moment. Have tried the Nxtgen II and III and these COB bulbs are a better colour and brighter.

http://www.lightrabbit.co.uk/superior-6-watt-gu10-cob-led-spotlight-60w-equivalent.html

I got mine here, but they messed me about a bit as they were low on stock. There are a few places doing them so worth having a look around for the best price.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I bought one of them about a month back to compare with the Superflare COB GU10. Overall light output is about the same but there's a big difference in beam angle. The Superflare is twice as wide (120 degrees vs 60) so is more suited as ambient room lighting whereas the lightrabbit one looks like it'd be good in a more traditional spotlight scenario like kitchen worktops or as decorative lighting.

Having a wide angle one like the Superflare really cuts down on the number of light fixtures required too for general room lighting.

I think I'm going to end up using a mixture of the two.

Back
Top Bottom