LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
Hi guys

Just moved into a new place, small but with lots of lights! Currently have 8 50W GU10 spots in the kitchen and 4 in the bathroom. Then 15 7W Megaman candle bulbs in the living room and 10 in the bedroom.

Looking to replace all with LEDs or at least phase LEDs in gradually. The candle ones have the little extra 'flick' of material on top for effect but this isn't essential if it's going to cost a premium. They are also 2700k so would like to match the colour as near like for like as possible. Not so bothered about the spotlights but don't want to end up with hospital lighting! None of them need to be dimmable.

Any best buys out there? Philips spotlights seem to be around £4.50 a pop on energybulbs.co.uk

Soldato
http://luxreview.com/review/2015/08/led-gu10-lamps

Buy proper quality LEDs lads!

They're generally more expensive, but you do get what you pay for in this industry.

After I returned my faulty lumilife units I went for the Phillips master as reviewed on that site. They are as good as they sound, quality light with no odd reds and blues being detracted out. Pretty much as close to incandescent as I've seen yet. Not cheap but worth it.

Soldato
After I returned my faulty lumilife units I went for the Phillips master as reviewed on that site. They are as good as they sound, quality light with no odd reds and blues being detracted out. Pretty much as close to incandescent as I've seen yet. Not cheap but worth it.

they look good, wheres the cheapest you have seen them please?

Soldato
Amazon was where I bought them. You night be able to hunt and find them cheaper, also don't forget quidco/topcashback but I just wanted them next day (prime) as I was fed up messing around with sub par units.

Soldato
What's the difference between the cheaper and more expensive bulbs? I can get a pair of Philips 2700k GU10 for 9 EUR, or a single Philips MasterLED for 12.50 :S

Soldato
Got a few bulbs from LED Hut and two have started to flicker after about 10 mins of use. Have contacted support to get them replaced under their garauntee and have heard nothing back

Used to be a good company - maybe have expanded too fast and its all gone wrong but will be using someone else for the replacements

Soldato
Got a few bulbs from LED Hut and two have started to flicker after about 10 mins of use. Have contacted support to get them replaced under their garauntee and have heard nothing back

Used to be a good company - maybe have expanded too fast and its all gone wrong but will be using someone else for the replacements

Still waiting on my order from the 25th, chatted twice about it, with them both times saying it will be sorted and be with you the next day.

what a load of rubbish:mad:, I'm going to contact them one last time and if they don't sort it I'm asking for a refund.

Soldato
Hi

Guys, once I have spoken to someone at led hut, hopefully they sort my order which still hasn't arrived. If Im not satisfied with the response I get, is best to request a refund from them or initiate my own refund via paypal, which is how I paid and presume it will work in the same way as eBay and paypal buyer protection?

never had to do anything like this before.

Thanks

Ish

Ish

Associate
I purchased 6 Lumlife bulbs from LED hut just under 2 years ago. I have already returned 3 which started flickering and today the 4th one has started flickering as well. Will never buy Lumlife again.

You can arrange the return yourself here https://www.ledhut.co.uk/return-form . The authorisation number is your order number.

Soldato
Guys beware anyone thinking of purchasing from ledhut, DON'T!

I have been told constant rubbish about an error in the system which is effecting my order, I rang today to be told its getting sorted now and you will get a despatch email shortly.

Sent a few emails and I got the same **** about IT error and we will get back in touch when we have an update!.

This company has gone to the dog house.

Im going to ring again tomorrow to see what crap they come out with if its bad news I will ask for a refund, feel like doing that now really but Im sure not dealing with this company again!

Man of Honour
I replaced most of my house bulbs with leds from Trillion a couple of months ago and the bulbs are excellent. It's great having bright lights as soon as you turn them on instead of waiting for the energy saver bulbs to warm up to full light output. Even then, these led's are brighter.

One problem I do have though is G9's. Trillion didn't do them when I ordered so I got a pack of 10 from Amazon. They seemed ok during the day although 3 in one fitting seemed to glow for a hour or so after the light was turned off. When it was dark though they turned into a nightmare. They produced this terrible strobe effect and in less than 30 seconds I was feeling sick and extremely dizzy. Needless to say out they came and back in went the eco halogen bulbs and these were returned for a refund. Can anybody recommend some G9's that don't have this strobe effect please? I need 6 in total.

Our B&Q has got packs of 3 of various different size/fitting Phillips led bulbs for between £8 and £12 pounds at the moment. Not sure if it's countrywide as they are not on their website but may be worth a look if you are near one.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Just a headsup for people after LEDs, check your local Screwfix's as well. They tend to stock stuff which are generally better priced than B&Q. Not sure if they stock Phillips though.

Soldato
Homebase have a load of 6w BC LED bulbs in clearance for £1. Can't really comment on quality but the ones I've had for a few weeks have been fine.

Back
Top Bottom