Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

Soldato
Apparently the thermals on the M15 R5 aren’t great though. The L5Pro is meant to be better in that respect.

Yeah don't think the gfx wattage is as powerful as well.

More annoying Lenovo shipping to retails when so many still waiting for their own model.

Soldato
Mines expected to ship first week of September :cry: So if they do come back in, don't expect it from Lenovo until Christmas. Hopefully it will be sooner otherwise might have to see if there's anything better out come the time.

Associate
Mines expected to ship first week of September :cry: So if they do come back in, don't expect it from Lenovo until Christmas. Hopefully it will be sooner otherwise might have to see if there's anything better out come the time.

That is appalling. I ordered from currys yesterday. Just arrived now.

I did pay 1500 for 3070, 16gb, 1tb so I probably missed out on 200 quid or so of student discount had they been in stock on lenovo. But given the 3-4 month wait times provided by lenovo id say its better to be in control, and know u can buy something off the shelf, rather than be in a queue for something that doesn't exist yet for months .

Soldato
That is appalling. I ordered from currys yesterday. Just arrived now.

I did pay 1500 for 3070, 16gb, 1tb so I probably missed out on 200 quid or so of student discount had they been in stock on lenovo. But given the 3-4 month wait times provided by lenovo id say its better to be in control, and know u can buy something off the shelf, rather than be in a queue for something that doesn't exist yet for months .

Agreed.
I’ve had a few laptops that have had issues, I wouldn’t want to wait months in queue to potentially get one that needs to go back.

I’d rather pay more and buy something that’s in stock.

Associate
I ordered one from that same place, nice bit of kit but my 3070 memory is crap max is like 650mhz,

while the non pro can both do 1600?!

Soldato
I also cancelled my order from lenovo direct and went with a high street retailer.

Used my 8% work discount as well as somehow getting them to price match to the lenovo store with the discount code.

The only downside is no rgb keyboard

Associate
ok so had a play with two non pro's today!

one is happy at +1820MHz the other... 2000Mhz MAXED! offset in aftervburner! crazy I know
micron is crap and its going back.

so anyone gota Pro with Samsung?
or should i get a non pro?

Soldato
ok so had a play with two non pro's today!

one is happy at +1820MHz the other... 2000Mhz MAXED! offset in aftervburner! crazy I know
micron is crap and its going back.

so anyone gota Pro with Samsung?
or should i get a non pro?

I've got one of each, I'll have a look when I'm home tomorrow.

Caporegime
I can't get sound to work, tried everything, drivers/reinstalls/BIOS update.

It was working in Linux but now not even that is working. Can only be a hardware fault as best I can tell.

Soldato
I have a non pro 5, Has samsung memory if anyones wondering RTX 3070

I have a question though, How does HDR work?. I enable it in the settings but theres only "Stream HDR" no "Enable HDR" which means I can't play any games in HDR or watch HDR youtube or disney plus stuff as it sees it as disabled?

Last edited:
Associate
Wonder why they seem to be fitting micron to the pros!

such a shame and now the rubbish memory timmings (sticks) means they need to be changed ideally…

Back
Top Bottom