LG 27GP850-B

Caporegime
Not looking good for those of us still waiting for UK stock. The (cheapest) EU place mentioned previously is now saying "out of stock, more expected September 3rd."

I think it might well be months away from a UK launch. Stock seems very limited.

Associate
Not looking good for those of us still waiting for UK stock. The (cheapest) EU place mentioned previously is now saying "out of stock, more expected September 3rd."

I think it might well be months away from a UK launch. Stock seems very limited.

I just received mine a few days ago for £399 including import fees (price has since gone up by 15 quid possibly due to Sterling fluctuations) and apart from an EU to UK travel plug which is low profile anyway- the monitor is fantastic! well worth the hassle of shipping from another country.

With warranty I believe you have to return to authorized manufacturer's representative (ie. another company you purchased from) and that will be honoured.

Hopefully will never need to worry for the next 2 years (Standard warranty period)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I gave up waiting as I needed something fairly quickly and got a G7 instead and I am amazed at it, huge difference to my old screen.
Yeah it doesn't seem likely that this one is coming to the UK this year, so I'm looking for something else now as well.

Shame, because it ticked most of my boxes. But if LG don't want to sell it here so be it.

Caporegime
They do have the 32" one in uk
They do, but -

it's £100 more expensive
a tad too large for my desk
not quite as fast (pixel response) as the 27" version
PPI slightly lower

The 32" is a good monitor, no doubt. But I'm after a 27". Or sod it, maybe I'll go for a 4K @ 32" instead. That seems to be where the market is heading. 1440p seems to be taking a back seat now to 4K displays, in terms of new releases.

Associate
1440p seems to be taking a back seat now to 4K displays, in terms of new releases.

The 4K model GP950 is exactly the same, low supply, no stock anywhere either.

I've looked at buying either the 1440p or 2160p variant but, no availability on either model for weeks and when it does drop it's instantly out of stock.

Like yourself 32" is too big for me.

Associate
They do, but -

it's £100 more expensive
a tad too large for my desk
not quite as fast (pixel response) as the 27" version
PPI slightly lower

The 32" is a good monitor, no doubt. But I'm after a 27". Or sod it, maybe I'll go for a 4K @ 32" instead. That seems to be where the market is heading. 1440p seems to be taking a back seat now to 4K displays, in terms of new releases.

what he said

Associate
I couldn't see the point in spending £300 now and then £X hundred in a years time. Might as well spend it once and not be stuck with 2 screens either

Yeh it's tough I ultimately need 2 screens so did wonder if a GL/GN850 was worth it for a stop gap and then as a second screen once 2021 stock arrives although I have a gut feeling it will be 2022 by then.

Not sure I can justify 2x2021 screens.

Caporegime
I seem to remember the GN being a downgrade from the GL, in that it's the same screen, but no USB ports, and thus can't be firmware updated (etc).

(Also I freaking love USB ports on monitors, and use them all the time. Just so handy)

e: Having said that, the USB ports on the LG monitors are almost completely inaccessible, so they are only really any good for firmware updates.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why don't you get it from another EU company?
Hassle, warranty (lack of). Just to send it back you'd need to fill in a customs declaration for exported goods.

See previous posts in this thread for a more detailed discussion. LG says your warranty is null and void if you import from another region.

In any case the german place is now saying delivery in "1-2 months". So if I wanted it next week I'd be SOL anyhow :p

Associate
Hassle, warranty (lack of). Just to send it back you'd need to fill in a customs declaration for exported goods.

See previous posts in this thread for a more detailed discussion. LG says your warranty is null and void if you import from another region.

In any case the german place is now saying delivery in "1-2 months". So if I wanted it next week I'd be SOL anyhow :p
Fair enough. Tbh the warranty is only 1 yr, and I’ve got an LG nano ips TV that’s 4yrs going strong… therefore if it’s working it’s unlikely to fail in the first 12m. Anyway if you prefer a cast iron warranty then this isn’t the route to ownership for you. Good luck in the hunt!

Back
Top Bottom