Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Monday for me as well, I have received the mouse mat today which is confusing because both parcels were at the same depot last night but only this arrived, and I had to call DPD and ask for a tracking number because the one which OCUK provided was not showing me anything. Hope you all enjoy the screen who ever was lucky to get it today.

Associate
It's so far better than expected. Super crisp. On screen control software is behaving oddly though - i click something then it just chimes when i try and click something else. Like there is a popup i cannot see that it would like me to react to.

I'm coming from an Acer Predator XB27HK 60Hz 4k panel. Also - it's tiny in comparison! Stand is unusual and would serve you well in a fight!

Backlight is interesting. Might enjoy that.

Had a quick bash at valorant and it seems to respond well. Much better than the Acer

Associate
Mine is sadly coming via a delivery forwarder (Ship2Me) because OCUK in their infinite wisdom decided that they won't ship to the Channel Islands for certain stuff. So potentially at some point next week.

Associate
i've played Fallout 76 and Valorant a lot and not had any black screens. I suspect that my framerate has been well over 144 constantly in both. Using standard cable (which is cheap rubbish to be honest)

I did have an issue where the monitor moaned about no signal for a while which was definately related to the cable. took several re-plugging attempts to get it to respond again. No issues since.

Associate
i've played Fallout 76 and Valorant a lot and not had any black screens. I suspect that my framerate has been well over 144 constantly in both. Using standard cable (which is cheap rubbish to be honest)

I did have an issue where the monitor moaned about no signal for a while which was definately related to the cable. took several re-plugging attempts to get it to respond again. No issues since.

Hi, are you using the screen with a PC or a console? I want to know if the black screen or signal problem is the same on the PS5. Thanks

Associate
I'm PC using a 2080Ti. I'll try and fire up watch dogs or similar that will sometimes drop below 60 and see what happens.

Another nice to have - I'm working today and it plays very nicely with a macbook pro. Fully recognised with all scaling options via HDMI to USB C adapter. Another huge bonus over the Acer which was not recognised. I guess this may be a hangover from LG being the official mac diaply partner for a while. I guess they may still be?

The only issue i have is backlight bleed when watching legacy TV (4:3) on netflix. The backlight leaks somewhat. it's dynamic so you see it brighten and darken in the sides depending on scene. It's the only time i've noticed it.

I'm still running default settings throughout. The On Screen control in windows now works since the cable issue yesterday. A decent cable is definately the order of the day!

What settings are others using?

OcUK Staff
OP
Orders are now live for the 27GP950 remaining stock.

May the odds be forever in your favour.

LG 27" 27GP950-B 3840x2160 4K IPS NANO 144Hz 1ms FreeSync/G-Sync Compatible LED Widescreen Gaming Mo @ £799.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LG-2...tible-LED-Widescreen-Gaming-Mo-MO-162-LG.html

LG 27" 27GP950-B, Display Resolution 3840x2160, Display Size 27", Refresh Rate 144Hz, FreeSync, G-Sync Compatible 1ms Response Time, Contrast Ratio 1000:1, Panel Type NANO IPS, HDR 600 , HDMI 2.1

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
Thanks Nik,

Ordered one now for delivery on Saturday as we're off camping now.
Funny really as we go past your unit on the return home Friday haha, could have just picked it up!

Hoping this will be better than my Samsung Quantum Dot 32H850 60hz Monitor for Xbox Series X Gaming!

Last edited:
Associate
up and running on mine, honestly I'm not blown away tbh, the IPS glow seems pretty bad when side by side with my https://www.samsung.com/uk/business/monitors/monitor-ue570-lu28e570dsen/lu28e570dsen/ to the point it looks a lot worse when playing identical content, hopefully gaming will be an improvement atleast.
I get what you are saying.

You are moving from a TN Panel to an IPS Panel and that is one of the drawbacks of IPS - backlight bleed / IPS Glow. (Also a bit of a lottery from panel to panel how bad IPS glow/backlight bleed is)
You should have a better colour range and better viewing angles with IPS panels though.

If you are using it with a console, I'd say disable the HDR - as it isn't that great in all honesty as it makes the colours looked washed out.

Furthermore, have a look at the brightness level that your monitor is set at, as higher brightness will result in larger "blooms" so to speak.
There are quite a few settings that you can play with to reduce it - such as the the Black Stabilizer and Black Level settings.

Have a play with the settings that works for you.

PS: Some panels have really bad backlight bleed, so bad that it may warrant a return

Associate
yeah, this is my first ips panel so it is more jarring than i thought it would be even coming from a relatively low end TN 4k monitor, and no consoles, just dual monitor setup with a 5800x and 2080super to run it. will have a look at disabling hdr and see how i get on, thank you for that

Associate
okay, so seems the LG command centre wont detect the new monitor, checked all ports, turned off and unplugged my second monitor and still nothing
Are you using Windows 11 by and chance? I installed the Windows 10 drivers but the software OnScreen Control & LG Ultragear Control Center don't work yet with Windows 11. Tried with Windows 10 and its okay. I've been in discussions with LG over this but so far no joy.

Associate
Are you using Windows 11 by and chance? I installed the Windows 10 drivers but the software OnScreen Control & LG Ultragear Control Center don't work yet with Windows 11. Tried with Windows 10 and its okay. I've been in discussions with LG over this but so far no joy.
ah, yes, I am, guess i just have to wait then, it just says "please connect supported monitor".

Back
Top Bottom