Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
No, only upto 30 days and then the warranty switches to manufacturer. And LG I hear are proper ****e.

Despite what OCUK might try and tell you and irrespective of their policy, they are still responsible under the Consumer Rights Act, not LG.

You can go to the manufacturer if you have a guarantee, but you can also insist that OCUK deal with it, as your statutory consumer rights are against the retailer.

Under the CRA, you can return a faulty item for a refund within 30 days. After 30 days, the retailer has the option of repair, replace or refund.

Also, if you discover a fault in the first 6 months, it's presumed the fault was there when you received the item - i.e. they can't try put the issue on you, unless they can prove it.

TLDR: OCUK are legally obliged to deal with your issue, you don't have to go to LG yourself if you don't want to.

Caporegime
Despite what OCUK might try and tell you and irrespective of their policy, they are still responsible under the Consumer Rights Act, not LG.

I thought someone might pipe up with that. They are of course your rights but they and all major retailers will pass you onto the manufacturer as the default procedure.

Associate

You can go to the manufacturer if you have a guarantee, but you can also insist that OCUK deal with it, as your statutory consumer rights are against the retailer.

Under the CRA, you can return a faulty item for a refund within 30 days. After 30 days, the retailer has the option of repair, replace or refund.

Also, if you discover a fault in the first 6 months, it's presumed the fault was there when you received the item - i.e. they can't try put the issue on you, unless they can prove it.

TLDR: OCUK are legally obliged to deal with your issue, you don't have to go to LG yourself if you don't want to.

Spot on... well done :)

The more people that know about this the better.

Was it a black screen flicker like the monitor switched off and on for a second? Or did your black screen lock up the PC?

I've now had both... once where the monitor locked up the PC and two more where the monitor switched off and on again for a second (HDR icon appears at the top right when coming back on). Oddly enough I never had an issue when using the stock cable but since I've swapped to a 3M Cable Matters VESA Certified Braided 8K DisplayPort 1.4 Cable with 8K 60Hz, 4K 240Hz, HDR and DSC Support it's started to happen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Spot on... well done :)

The more people that know about this the better.

I've now had both... once where the monitor locked up the PC and two more where the monitor switched off and on again for a second (HDR icon appears at the top right when coming back on). Oddly enough I never had an issue when using the stock cable but since I've swapped to a 3M Cable Matters VESA Certified Braided 8K DisplayPort 1.4 Cable with 8K 60Hz, 4K 240Hz, HDR and DSC Support it's started to happen.

I have also used that cable and now also on KabelDirekt 3m and also had black screens.

Associate
I have also used that cable and now also on KabelDirekt 3m and also had black screens.

I think i have the same DP Kabel... The VESA Certified one. No black screens so far on Fallout 76 / Valorant / Fortnite. I run 144hz sRGB (not HDR).

The only issue i DO have is that sometimes the screen will not wake from sleep. It needs a power cycle to wake it again. If i swicth off via teh menu it will not switch on again until i pop the power cable out and in again. This seems to happen about once a week and it also did it on the included '5K' cable affair. I believe this to be a software issue on the monitor.

My previous monitor did the same thing twice in it's life... Which is long... but it was only 60hz monitor.

What GFX are people using? I'm on a 2080Ti

Associate
To update:
I got much further with LG by phoning them. Via email on their site or via twitter was a complete waste of time.
The guy on the phone informed me that the returns center was in the process of being moved, so there is currently a delay in returning goods to them. But had arranged for my screen to go back to them later next month. He could see from my name/address that I already had a ticket open via the other contact methods, so it all links into one case on their end... but just phone them if you want to actually get anywhere any time soon if you have issues.

Soldato
Can any of you guys confirm you can still run 4k 144hz with displayport 1.4 DSC off

I thought with DSC off I would be limited to max 120hz but for some reason I can still use 144hz at 4k fine I can even select 160hz even with OC mode turned off? What gives? :cry: I do however get an out of range message that just keeps popping up at 160hz.

Associate
Can any of you guys confirm you can still run 4k 144hz with displayport 1.4 DSC off

I thought with DSC off I would be limited to max 120hz but for some reason I can still use 144hz at 4k fine I can even select 160hz even with OC mode turned off? What gives? :cry: I do however get an out of range message that just keeps popping up at 160hz.
tryed it on dsc off and it dropes to 120hz

Soldato
tryed it on dsc off and it dropes to 120hz

What gives? Mine is definitely running at 144Hz, a full RGB 10bit at 4k

I might have gliched mine, I was running 160hz turned OC mode off and switched to DP 1.4 DSC off I can still select 160hz but get a message pop up every now and then saying out of range.

I don't even get an option for 120hz I get 60,95,144,160hz

OcUK Staff
OP
Nik

Do overclockers have any information about the black screen issue this unit is facing?

It seems quite a lot of them is affected is OCUk putting anything in place?

When I contacted you guys I basically was one of the first reporting the issue I was simply told to contact LG.

We haven't had any info. I don't think it's common enough for a recall or anything.

OcUK Staff
OP

Aye, in the first year, always go through us.

Back
Top Bottom