Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
After changing some settings and calibrating it, I'm really happy with mine so far.

There is some backlight bleed at the 4 corners, but it's far from the worst I've seen. In terms of uniformity, my unit is better than the one RTINGS reviewed. I've not had any black screen issues. I know the monitor has a fan in it, but I can't hear it at all. Hopefully it doesn't get louder over time.

I was surprised at how good the HDR performance is when gaming on a Series X. Usually HDR kinda sucks on monitors, but it's better than I expected.

I wasn't expecting to care about the lighting on the back, so I thought I would just have it disabled, but I really like it when using the monitor at night! I wish you could disable the little light show that happens every time the monitor is powered on or wakes up from sleep though. Maybe they can release a firmware update that gives us that option.

It would have been nice if it had a basic remote, or maybe a couple of customisable buttons so that you can change inputs with a single button press instead of having to use the little joystick, but I knew it didn't have either of those before I bought it so I can't really complain.

Given that there's no 27"-32" OLED options, this is as close to perfect as I could get right now.

Soldato
Guys, I believe I have found the settings that is making this display a black screen. It's called Dynamic Sync Action DAS and it's enabled automatically. Since I got this monitor I have noticed this setting always say on but tonight I had a black screen playing dark souls I enabled the OSD and noticed this was off and wouldn't come back on until I switched the monitor off and on again.

Maybe this part of the software is bugging out it would be nice to find a way to switch this off.

39259747de309daf292f2da57786e70e7ae3b1d5ee8b0983d2ccf9863cbb06bb1ef2aec1.jpg

Soldato
Something else I have just noticed my monitor doesn't detect that it's connected to Freesync monitor.
On my menu it's labelled up adaptive-sync but on this YouTube review you can see here from the picture he has Freesync label.

71657611313af78273f0f7f4c02f71b35ce6c7c0c6ba9fe08ccd4cbbb8dc4c8fbf0e0232.jpg

Anyone else here with AMD GPU have Freesync listed?

Associate
Something else I have just noticed my monitor doesn't detect that it's connected to Freesync monitor.
On my menu it's labelled up adaptive-sync but on this YouTube review you can see here from the picture he has Freesync label.

71657611313af78273f0f7f4c02f71b35ce6c7c0c6ba9fe08ccd4cbbb8dc4c8fbf0e0232.jpg

My'n says adaptiive sync

Associate

i have a 6900xt, my settings are 144hz, extended on, fast, das on. not had any issues thus far.

Associate
Got my monitor monday to replace a msi 27inch 1440p 144hz monitor /set it up with my old displayport cable installed lg windows drivers/ played battle feild 4 and cyber punk at 1440p res /first 2 days i got 4 black screens i then changed my old display port cable for the new lg one and i read some one said tern waves max audio off as it worked for them so i turned it off /ive had no black screen now for th last 2 days just hope its worked :p:cry:

Soldato
Got my monitor monday to replace a msi 27inch 1440p 144hz monitor /set it up with my old displayport cable installed lg windows drivers/ played battle feild 4 and cyber punk at 1440p res /first 2 days i got 4 black screens i then changed my old display port cable for the new lg one and i read some one said tern waves max audio off as it worked for them so i turned it off /ive had no black screen now for th last 2 days just hope its worked :p:cry:

Keep us updated.

Do you know the length and quality of the old cable?

Soldato
So I have just bought this from the rainforest, Cable Matters DisplayPort Repeater and a 1m cable matching what I have now that will come tomorrow.

So I am thinking these black screens are due to the limitation of the cable 3m pushing max refresh rate and resolutions. I also think the reason for the cable in the box saying 5k on it is a given that is also not good enough for the total max of this display and the reason for the ultra HDMI included in the box is LG recommend using that.

Now this is all speculation on my part but has anyone in here ran this monitor without a black screen on the HDMI port? also, have you guys tried just 120hz? Because for few days now its not happened at 120hz 4k.

I will report back if these thing works out but given the nature of my black screens I have set a two week if I can last that long I will say its fixed.

If not well rainforest is excellent for returns and I will just return it and added it to the long list of what I have tried and pass this onto LG when I hit them with a replacement unit, this is the last thing I am trying with this monitor and tbh I think I have gone long enough now and most users would have been already demanding a replacement by now.

Associate
Stock cable? are you running always within the freesync range in games?

i dont know what the freesync range is but ive been playing days gone, horrizon zero dawn only at the moment. zero dawn runs around 90 +/- 10 fps either way on all ultra with hdr endabled. i mainly play escape from tarkov but i skipped this wipe as streets wasnt released, ive not tried it on that yet.
im not using the standard cable, im using the cable that came with a predator x27p

Associate
Monitor has finally arrived, played 4 hours of Tales of Arise without any issues

(at 95hz, since I'm still on a 1080ti for now)

Seem to have gotten a panel with minimal BLB, which is nice, will update if I have issues

edit: 30mins later, black screen for 2 seconds whilst watching a movie, for ***** sake

using the included DP cable, FreeSync is on, HDR is off

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom