LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
I contacts the place of purchase and will be asking for an exchange. But I believe I have to pay the return shipping/insurance which I think is wrong.

I'm pretty certain that the seller should cover shipping for exchanging a faulty product, because they are "in the wrong" having supplied a faulty product, not because you've simply changed your mind.

@Stu Did you go with one of these in the end?

I posted a little in the Alienware AW3418DW thread then bought one in July 2018. You were hanging on to compare with this LG as I remember...

Reality kicked in last summer when the Alienware was on sale, which I picked up for £615 after discounts. I would have preferred the LG if price wasn't a factor, but even back then the LG was looking like it would be at least £1100... £500 difference was just too much, and I didn't think the LG would be sufficiently better to justify.

I am still actively following this thread though :)

Associate
Greetings from Russia! There are huge problems in the acquisition of monitors of this level, all prices are too high and aw3418dw and LG are $1500, besides we are unlikely to change the monitor with defects. Tell me which monitor is better in quality, since I will have only 1 attempt, as in the lottery :)

Associate
I hope someone tests the 950F soon. I'm getting impatient lol.

The VRR works great on my MG279Q. Someone on reddit said that below the Freesync range, the framerate doubles. So basically Nvidia implemented LFC. Just perfect.

Soldato
I hope someone tests the 950F soon. I'm getting impatient lol.

The VRR works great on my MG279Q. Someone on reddit said that below the Freesync range, the framerate doubles. So basically Nvidia implemented LFC. Just perfect.

Same on the ViewSonic XG240R I'm currently reviewing and users have reported this to me on the C24G1 and Samsung C24FG70+73. Wasn't expecting to see an LFC-like technology implemented, so that's a bonus.

Associate

Just installed the 417.17 drivers with my 1080Ti powering my 950F. No strange behaviour so far and no flickering on the Pendulum demo. Plan to Destiny 2 for several hours tonight to test it properly. Previous 4xx drivers would occasionally exhibit freezes in Destiny 2 which is why I reverted to 399.24. I'll report back after I've had a chance to test it in proper gaming :).

Back
Top Bottom