LG 42-inch OLED

Associate
Just ordered one of these from John Lewis, comes with a 5 year warranty (not sure if standard across all suppliers). Having it delivered Saturday, so can test it out over the weekend :).

Currently I use 3 27" monitors - 2 in landscape stacked on top of each other and a 3rd in portrait mode off to the side, these are all mounted on a Ergotron arm. I use this setup for productivity and work, as well as gaming (where I only use one of the monitors, with discord etc open an another). Will be interesting to see how they compare, especially when gaming, given the large height increase. Hopefully I like it, if not will return it but have been waiting a long time for LG to release this. Will also be interesting to see what FPS I get compared to the monitors. I have a 3080Ti & a I9-12900K, so should hopefully still perform very well.

I have a deep desk, so no concerns about being too close etc. As I say, just the height but I already crane my neck up to look at my top stacked monitor, so the TV will probably be an improvement. :p

Man of Honour
Already asked the question but with no answer so far ^^

In my Windows device manager, in monitor I have a "plug & play monitor", isn't it possible to find the LG C2 windows driver somewhere ?

If you just hate the generic definition IIRC Custom Resolution Utility can build a driver inf for the display. There doesn't seem to be a inf file or any driver package on the official LG support site (maybe because it is a TV).

Reactions: R3X

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Rtings review here

Interesting to note they have confirmed they have an WBE panel.

Also Value Electronics TV calibrator has confirmed all his 42" C2s he has calibrated are also WBE.

Americans appear to be getting WBE panels only of LG OLEDs.

Associate
I’ve been using this for a couple of weeks now, it’s absolutely incredible. My only issue is that it makes me a want a new graphics card! The 5700xt is really struggling!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Bought a service remote and can confirm I’ve got WBE. For anyone interested, you go to the OLED sub menu and look for module info

C2 42" - 00/00/1/03 - WBC panel
C2 42" - 08/00/1/03 - WBE panel

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Bought a service remote and can confirm I’ve got WBE. For anyone interested, you go to the OLED sub menu and look for module info

C2 42" - 00/00/1/03 - WBC panel
C2 42" - 08/00/1/03 - WBE panel

Nice was it from a Richer place or a Hot curries or Mr Lewis?

R3X

R3X

Soldato
You’re allowed to name those places, so long as you aren’t actively promoting them and the core business doesn’t conflict with OcUK.

I purchased mine from Amazon :)

So for 10 years I have been saying Mr Lewis visited the Rainforest where he ate a hot Curries but he didn't give an Amazon since he was Richer......for no reason whatever.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

So for 10 years I have been saying Mr Lewis visited the Rainforest where he ate a hot Curries but he didn't give an Amazon since he was Richer......for no reason whatever.
Indeed. In fact, you’d fall foul of the competitor rule by trying to disguise it too ;)

On topic… I’ve been running a 4K YouTube video on loop to break in the panel. Oh my, it’s seriously impressive.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Quite possible its direct sourced from the LG store, maybe LG now stock the latest 42 C2s with WBE.

Either way good to know.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Quite possible its direct sourced from the LG store, maybe LG now stock the latest 42 C2s with WBE.

Either way good to know.

Direct link to the one I bought. Sold by Amazon, dispatched from Amazon... although you may be right and they're getting stock direct from LG.

I'll check the build date on the back of my unit later and let you know when it was manufactured.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
There are no noticable differences between the 2 panels, HDTVTest said it many times .....

But if you look at hdtvtest own screen shots, lovely bit of extra shadow detail seen on the WBE panel on the left.

Possible though its just the cameras, set up or TV variance at play there and there is no difference as he says.

Id be interested to see the 42 C2 vs Panasonics 42" and Sonys 42" OLED, see if Panasonic and Sony sets do anything better since LG set the bar very high with the C2 series.

Man of Honour
But if you look at hdtvtest own screen shots, lovely bit of extra shadow detail seen on the WBE panel on the left.

Possible though its just the cameras, set up or TV variance at play there and there is no difference as he says.

Id be interested to see the 42 C2 vs Panasonics 42" and Sonys 42" OLED, see if Panasonic and Sony sets do anything better since LG set the bar very high with the C2 series.
Likely variations caused by the camera or lighting. I’m sure Vincent would have commented on that if there were a difference of note. One thing he does comment on is the increased off angle pink tint from WBE panel though

Soldato

To be fair, Vincent has said plenty of times and usually puts up disclaimers not to simply trust what the camera is showing when he is doing side by sides as its never accurate. Rather listen to his actual commentary. Would agree with Badass, if there was a noticeable actual difference in real life when comparing, then he would have mentioned it IMO.

Back
Top Bottom