LG 42-inch OLED

Associate
@Radox-0 It's a beautiful panel, but my gut feeling was that, given 8 hours coding per day, not the right one for me. Especially as I have a C1 55" next to my desk for gaming. Thanks for your feedback. Gone ahead and ordered an LG 40WP95C - not fastest screen in the world, but I feel better for my use case. Cheers!

Soldato
@Radox-0 It's a beautiful panel, but my gut feeling was that, given 8 hours coding per day, not the right one for me. Especially as I have a C1 55" next to my desk for gaming. Thanks for your feedback. Gone ahead and ordered an LG 40WP95C - not fastest screen in the world, but I feel better for my use case. Cheers!

Ahh if you got a 55" already for gaming makes choice even easier. That LG monitor looks amazing though, nice choice.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Some sites its £1900 the Sony 42", they all appear to be suggesting July launch. The 48" is due in June some time.

Panasonic 42 and 48" will use WBE panels according to vincent also, but due October.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Ouch £1900 for that Sony.
LG 42 at £1200 was already a hard buy for the majority of folks. Sony better have some extra special sauce in their 42 tv

It will no doubt be stunning and better than the LG but not 50% better.

42" OLED Ships from 11th July £1,799.00
48" OLED Ships from 20th June £1,899.00

That is via Sony UK site, I believe the 55" should be due in 2 weeks time also.

There are some suggestions Sony is using some illuminated back panel to boost more brightness and also they have upped the processing making things more detailed and sharper then last years OLEDs. Not sure if its true or not, either way the price is insane.

Associate
hey guys just got this lg 42c2 to go with my 3080ti have it setup to game optimiser what setting would you suggest for gaming and watching movies and youtube? hdr is set in windows.

Soldato
hey guys just got this lg 42c2 to go with my 3080ti have it setup to game optimiser what setting would you suggest for gaming and watching movies and youtube? hdr is set in windows.

Some of its going to be personal depending how you lie your image.

For movies, with Dolby vision I like like cinema home with the AI settings on. For other content generally filmaker mode but will flick through the pair of ISF presets, ISF bright if you want a bit more pop in some content without blowing things totally blue, I think they have done a largely good job with the presets.

For gaming, going to be personal preference outside of enabling 120hz @ 4k, VRR etc. On RGB Full 12bit vs YCbCr 4:4:4 12bit I have never found a solid answer to go for one or the other and tbh difference largely unnoticeable to me so pick one and stick to it. Outside of that, most defaults I do generally set OLED Brightness down to 50 or so, more to do with less blasting my face with light day in day out. Contrast and black level to 50 and black and white stabiliser to 10. In all a pretty base picture and as I say tweak how you want really is what it comes down too. You then get to HGIG vs DTM vs off. Everyone has a varied opinion here, usually will flick between it on games and see how it fares usually.

As I say, everyone will have a varied opinion to what they like so just experiment IMO :)

Associate
Some of its going to be personal depending how you lie your image.

For movies, with Dolby vision I like like cinema home with the AI settings on. For other content generally filmaker mode but will flick through the pair of ISF presets, ISF bright if you want a bit more pop in some content without blowing things totally blue, I think they have done a largely good job with the presets.

For gaming, going to be personal preference outside of enabling 120hz @ 4k, VRR etc. On RGB Full 12bit vs YCbCr 4:4:4 12bit I have never found a solid answer to go for one or the other and tbh difference largely unnoticeable to me so pick one and stick to it. Outside of that, most defaults I do generally set OLED Brightness down to 50 or so, more to do with less blasting my face with light day in day out. Contrast and black level to 50 and black and white stabiliser to 10. In all a pretty base picture and as I say tweak how you want really is what it comes down too. You then get to HGIG vs DTM vs off. Everyone has a varied opinion here, usually will flick between it on games and see how it fares usually.

As I say, everyone will have a varied opinion to what they like so just experiment IMO :)
thank you what about the reduce blue light setting?

Soldato
thank you what about the reduce blue light setting?

No I do not use it really. Its there for those who have concerns about the blue light when it comes towards bedtime and look to reduce that. As an impact of course it will make the image skew towards the red.

By all means use it I think if your going to use the panel for late night work or something, but for general content I would not bother. Personally would rather reduce the overall brightness first to reduce impact on eyes in the evening / dark room then use blue light. But as always personal preference. :)

Associate
so for the first time i am using a tv as my monitor and have got the LG OLED42C24LA model but am confused by the resolution, all the specs and stuff say its 3840x2160 but this gives me black bars down both sides, window allow me to use 4096x2160 and it fits the screen perfect. am i missing something?

Associate
so for the first time i am using a tv as my monitor and have got the LG OLED42C24LA model but am confused by the resolution, all the specs and stuff say its 3840x2160 but this gives me black bars down both sides, window allow me to use 4096x2160 and it fits the screen perfect. am i missing something?
Yes you are
Windows should adapt just fine at 4K resolution. Go to display settings in Windows

Back
Top Bottom