LG 42-inch OLED

Associate
I'm thinking one of these atm in Dark Oak and 200x60cm (link courtesy of @khemist )

Think I'm going to go for it, and free shipping which is a bonus!
I think that will look great but consider if its a rustic design that the surface will be uneven and how that might work. Yes you could use a mouse mat, even a large one like the Steelseries prisms but if you're into gaming that could end up annoying you. I guess what you could do is see how your mat works on an uneven surface first to see if you are happy with that.

Dark oak and natural materials look great imho, goes great with black cases and peripherals and also tones down RGB making more classy and less shiny

Associate
Yeah perfectly fine to stick to non pc mode in those situations. Hopefully you found the other settings in the guide helped? :)
Definitely. I found the default setting way too bright, so being able to take that down and fixing the white balance has worked really nicely.

Associate
I received my C2 42” this morning and wrongfully assumed that there would be a HDMI 2.1 cable in the box and I don’t have one. Is it possible someone could either link me one or give me the name of a good one to get on Amazon Prime to try and get it here tomorrow. Thanks

Associate
I picked up one of these yesterday. Not done anything on it other than plug the PC and PS5 into it and confirm they work. Upon removing it from the box I did think it was gonna be too big but sits very neatly on my desk. Tonight's plan is to give some of those settings (I seen them somewhere in this thread) and then give some games a go on both PC and PS5.

Man of Honour
I picked up one of these yesterday. Not done anything on it other than plug the PC and PS5 into it and confirm they work. Upon removing it from the box I did think it was gonna be too big but sits very neatly on my desk. Tonight's plan is to give some of those settings (I seen them somewhere in this thread) and then give some games a go on both PC and PS5.
https://youtu.be/zv-2yP7Rumo ;)

Soldato
Heads up for Costco members, this TV is still £979.99 but if you buy in July you get a £150 voucher to spend in Costco. Catch is you have to use it on something 150 or more.

Reactions: R3X

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I received my C2 42” this morning and wrongfully assumed that there would be a HDMI 2.1 cable in the box and I don’t have one. Is it possible someone could either link me one or give me the name of a good one to get on Amazon Prime to try and get it here tomorrow. Thanks

Ibrah 2.1 hdmi lead

Zeskit 2.1 hdmi lead

TrueHQ 2.1 hdmi lead

Just a few off the top of my head off amazon, that Truehq is a popular one and fully certified and used by VT over at HDTVtest, next day amazon also

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Heads up for Costco members, this TV is still £979.99 but if you buy in July you get a £150 voucher to spend in Costco. Catch is you have to use it on something 150 or more.

Maybe sell the voucher online? make the C2 £830.

Would Costco even allow you just to return the TV like that? Maybe have a word with them say an staff member and ask for a "Friend" if they could just do a refund and resale so the item polls as a new sale after 26th to get that £150 voucher perhaps.... or an anonymous email for a Friend

Soldato
Maybe sell the voucher online? make the C2 £830.

Would Costco even allow you just to return the TV like that? Maybe have a word with them say an staff member and ask for a "Friend" if they could just do a refund and resale so the item polls as a new sale after 26th to get that £150 voucher perhaps.... or an anonymous email for a Friend

Yes, I haven't even opened it yet. Also, I have taken a 3-year-old kettleback out of warranty which cost £150 and they don't even question it.

Good idea on the vouchers but there is some verification perhaps with it in the teas and C's. I probably just do a massive grocery shop.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yes, I haven't even opened it yet. Also, I have taken a 3-year-old kettleback out of warranty which cost £150 and they don't even question it.

Good idea on the vouchers but there is some verification perhaps with it in the teas and C's. I probably just do a massive grocery shop.

oh un opened more easier then, its worth a shot I did the same with currys a few years back when a promo came about after my purchase and luckily their cs department did a refund and resale.

Still that is a stunning deal with £150 off, doesn't get any better then that.

Soldato
oh un opened more easier then, its worth a shot I did the same with currys a few years back when a promo came about after my purchase and luckily their cs department did a refund and resale.

Still that is a stunning deal with £150 off, doesn't get any better then that.

Thing is, the TV could drop less than that before the C3 but at that price point I don't really care, not like I paid 1200+ for it like some.

Reactions: R3X

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Thing is, the TV could drop less than that before the C3 but at that price point I don't really care, not like I paid 1200+ for it like some.

Yeah if you got no rush no harm in just waiting another 5-6 months for the C3 or price drops, bet they drop it even more just before C3 comes out.

Someone on hotuk showed the terms earlier, can't exchange or sell the £150 voucher unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom