LG 42-inch OLED

Soldato
I've ordered a recliner since i don't have to sit close to the screen now, so i'm going to try a lap desk or something.

My desk is 120x60, i can have a measure later.

Soldato
I've ordered a recliner since i don't have to sit close to the screen now, so i'm going to try a lap desk or something.

Cheers, just interested to see how far the screen is forward when the stand is pushed back against a wall as yours seems to be.

Soldato
I'm thinking about wall mounting mine but I'm not sure it's worth it due to the cables being visible... I hate those boxes you can put them in and chasing is not really an option

Soldato
I'm thinking about wall mounting mine but I'm not sure it's worth it due to the cables being visible... I hate those boxes you can put them in and chasing is not really an option

If you cannot use chase, then you can just use that cable wrap. Just tie cables together, in a very thin cable wrap and route it smartly and it will be an non-issue.

If its on a desk based system, then I imagine the gap between the TV bottom and the desk will not be massive, so be so little visible wrap if you do things smart.

Associate
I am still shocked that only one compnay offers Burn In protection in their warranty. I would have thought more would have done it. That is what puts me off those cheaper prices. I know if you take care Burn In should not be an issue. But I have always thought it is better to be safe than sorry.

Soldato
I am still shocked that only one compnay offers Burn In protection in their warranty. I would have thought more would have done it. That is what puts me off those cheaper prices. I know if you take care Burn In should not be an issue. But I have always thought it is better to be safe than sorry.

Who? There's a misconception that John Lewis do in their warranty but they don't. You have to pay the extra $140 for the extended one to get it and even then it only covers one instance of it during that time.

Associate
Who? There's a misconception that John Lewis do in their warranty but they don't. You have to pay the extra $140 for the extended one to get it and even then it only covers one instance of it during that time.
Correct you pay extra but it is covered. Plus accidental damage. Which none of the others do. I spoke to Currys and even in their paid “care plan” it covers neither of those. So then what are you paying extra for. £140 for 5 years of extra cover to match the 5 years you get when you buy it is not bad.

Soldato
Correct you pay extra but it is covered. Plus accidental damage. Which none of the others do. I spoke to Currys and even in their paid “care plan” it covers neither of those. So then what are you paying extra for. £140 for 5 years of extra cover to match the 5 years you get when you buy it is not bad.

I would also worry that they could claim it's neglect, like leaving static images on all day. Did you ever see the RTINGS burn in test they ran? It took a long time before it became noticeable and those were extreme tests.
Here if you haven't seen.

Reactions: R3X
Associate
I would also worry that they could claim it's neglect, like leaving static images on all day. Did you ever see the RTINGS burn in test they ran? It took a long time before it became noticeable and those were extreme tests.
Funny you should mention that but that happened to someone with a Currys KnowHow cover and they said it was his fault and would not cover it. I guess he tried to blame it on the TV and not say it was Burn In.

R3X

R3X

Soldato

A bit of a ghetto trick someone posted on the CX thread was to buy some mdf board or even 4 by 2 wood bars and join them up with steel plates underneath and then prop them end of the desk, essentially just extending the desk depth rather then replacing a good desk. You can even get desk matts or desk vinyl wraps to make it one solid desk again. Or just pull the desk forward and have the gap behind the desk, still gives you an better idea of what you could manage or how it may look. I got an 80cm depth desk while its perfect for my case if I had a bigger room id get 120cm depth if I could.

Cheers, just interested to see how far the screen is forward when the stand is pushed back against a wall as yours seems to be.

Once you go wall mount you won't go back, I did the same with my 28" daily monitor and then the 42" on the right hand side so both wall mounted you immediately get more distance between you and screen so better for your eye and general health, free up all the desk space underneath so its easier to wipe it down and an OCD factor increase of at last 2x. I use a simple D-line 30mm trunking think there about a fiver from screwfix and it holds about 4-5 cables (all slim line hdmi cables)

Soldato
I can't wall mount unfortunately as it's a plasterboard wall where my desk is. I was thinking a monitor stand/arm thing but I'm unsure how much space that will get me tbh. From a picture I saw it may even be closer than with the original stand.

Soldato
Looks good. Just measured and I can see I would be exactly 1m away from the screen if I had it on default stand which actually doesn't seem too bad the video mentions 38" is just right so I may not need to do anything.

Associate
Looks good. Just measured and I can see I would be exactly 1m away from the screen if I had it on default stand which actually doesn't seem too bad the video mentions 38" is just right so I may not need to do anything.
My desk it 80cm (32”) but will use the wall stand and just move my desk till I hit 36” distance from the monitor. Since I am fully wireless for my peripherals moving the desk won’t be an issue.

Soldato
I don’t want to wall mount mine but will get this - AVF FL601LT Against the wall Standing TV Mount with Tilt for up to 80 inch TVs - Black/White https://amzn.eu/d/4nZJtDT.

Yes it is expensive but seems to do the trick.

Link below is a video with the stand in action.

Against The Wall TV Stand - LG C2 42”

I can get that same stand for £129.99 from Costco. If you want it let me know, you can use my account and use you own card address etc. I didn't even consider something like that. Maybe I will get it from amazon to make sure I am happy with the height of it and then send back and buy from Costco :p
Would be amazing if the bottom of the tv was as if it was sat on top of my desk, however that will involve some maths which I am really bad at.

Associate
I can get that same stand for £129.99 from Costco. If you want it let me know, you can use my account and use you own card address etc. I didn't even consider something like that. Maybe I will get it from amazon to make sure I am happy with the height of it and then send back and buy from Costco :p
Would be amazing if the bottom of the tv was as if it was sat on top of my desk, however that will involve some maths which I am really bad at.
Thanks for the offer. I am waiting till I have a 7900XT before getting the C2. As I think playing 4K on a 6800XT won’t be as good.

Where did you get a 100cm desk from? I can’t anything deeper than 80cm.

Soldato
Thanks for the offer. I am waiting till I have a 7900XT before getting the C2. As I think playing 4K on a 6800XT won’t be as good.

Where did you get a 100cm desk from? I can’t anything deeper than 80cm.

No worries, offer is there, I'll keep an eye in case it goes on offer. My desk is 140x80 but because of how I sit with my chair it would mean I am that far away. I was also looking for a deeper one but took the width instead.

Back
Top Bottom