LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
ABL - I had my OLED brightness set to 80 or 85, pushed it down to 60 but that made no difference other than the screen not being as bright.

So since 1836p worked for me and I kept forgetting to to switch the screen back to UHD, I wondered how I would go about automating things, possibly scripting.
WoW runs in fullscreen windowed borderless, there sadly is no automatic switching. With other games in fullscreen, you can just pick that resolution and go with it.

1800p is middle ground between 1440p and 4K fairly often used by consoles it upscales to 1800p, which isn't 4k it's an upscale. Compare to native 4K output. If you lower the OLED light to 50/30 the ABL isn't turn on much as a 80/85 setting.

I believe game presets are new, standard, FPS, RPG and RTS. Truthfully, they all look like crap except for standard. Boost may be new.

But there's no big leap in image quality over the C1 compare to CX, if this was your first OLED the C1 is for you but not from CX, imo CX 4K with VRR 5.9ms input lag 4K @120hz, 6.7 compare to C1 4K with VRR 5.8ms, 4K @120hz - 5.2ms input lag. If you think you can see the 0.1ms/1.5ms difference then your eyes are better then mine, C1 will improve the upscaling further and deliver more accurate colours but as you know native 4K is better then upscale it contains more detail, using upscaling detail cannot be added. The C1 webOS 6.0 looks nice I'm sure they could do the same for the CX but they won't the chip Alpha9 came out in 2018 and in 2019 Alpha9 Gen2 will support next-generation high frame rate (HFR) content up to 120 frames per second so the (HFR) isn't new.

Last edited:
Associate
hey guys im about the buy this tv in 48 but not sure about the version in my country they have these 2 for the same price whats the latest version?
C17LB or CX9

Associate
The 48 c1 is on offer at £899 at both John Lewis and richer sounds. Not as cheap as the cx has been but the cheapest the c1 has been before I think.

Soldato
hey guys im about the buy this tv in 48 but not sure about the version in my country they have these 2 for the same price whats the latest version?
C17LB or CX9
The C1 is the 2021 series and the CX is 2020. Very little different between them, similar panels, similar CPU, etc.

The "9" and "7LB" are part of SKU codes that just refer to production location or stand colour, not usually anything to do with the actual TV performance itself :)

Soldato
The 48 c1 is on offer at £899 at both John Lewis and richer sounds. Not as cheap as the cx has been but the cheapest the c1 has been before I think.
If only I'd waited a couple of months :o. They had a 10% off promotion when I bought for around £1150 (that's with a £40 voucher). Now I can see why.

Associate

I’ve not seen the 48c1 for less than £999. It’s the 48a1 that’s £899 but it’s a 60hz panel I believe.

Edit : saw it on HUKD

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, I was very tempted, but also decided to wait of the 42, I think a 48 is just a bit too close for me. Even the 42 is pushing it. I’d love them to do curved again though…

Soldato
No doubt the 42" will be exclusive to the curry place for a set period of time and i can see it being priced quite high like the 48" was on release.

Associate
No doubt the 42" will be exclusive to the curry place for a set period of time and i can see it being priced quite high like the 48" was on release.

Well the 48s are available now at not terrible prices if you watch for a deal, likely similar prices to the launch price of a 42. Maybe sitting back a bit is an option?

I'm an open world or racing game/controller guy so it works fine for me. For productivity stuff it's replaced a 43 and a vertical 24 so I've actually lost some screen real estate.

Wouldn't want to play an FPS at mouse & keyboard distance on a 48.

Soldato
Well the 48s are available now at not terrible prices if you watch for a deal, likely similar prices to the launch price of a 42. Maybe sitting back a bit is an option?

I'm an open world or racing game/controller guy so it works fine for me. For productivity stuff it's replaced a 43 and a vertical 24 so I've actually lost some screen real estate.

Wouldn't want to play an FPS at mouse & keyboard distance on a 48.

It’s doable, just. A deep desk would be a must.

Back
Top Bottom