LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
Well, you wouldn't think so, but here we are. ;)
I went from a 43" monitor to a CX 48. Both seemed huge initially, then didn't.
Also from a Vincent Teoh video - 'Nobody ever said I wished I bought a smaller TV.'

Your personal experience is of little relevance to me and my setup.

And we're talking about using this TV as a monitor. Bigger is most certainly not always better.

Associate
What are you trying to say?
I did it for fun, because members here always say a 48inch is Huge monitor when it's not, and it's a Mega TV for the 55inch on desktop:D I game on my Mega 55cx:cry: I will not go back to anything less:)

TV as a monitor. Bigger is most certainly not always better.
Oh yes it is:D:D

:D
22-24" basically a laptop screen 32-42" perfect in uw or 16:9 48" a bit too big 77-88" absolutely stupid unless on a couch a good few meters away.
A 77inch 8K is £19,999.98 & 88inch 8K is £29.999.99 what is stupid is the price:D as for the 22-24 just making fun as you know:)

Last edited:
Soldato
I did it for fun, because members here always say a 48inch is Huge monitor when it's not, and it's a Mega TV for the 55inch on desktop:D I game on my Mega 55cx:cry: I will not go back to anything less:)

Oh yes it is:D:D

A 77inch 8K is £19,999.98 & 88inch 8K is £29.999.99 what is stupid is the price:D as for the 22-24 just making fun as you know:)
When they say it's too big, they mean for their own uses. I'm glad it suits your set-up, but everyone has different needs and you don't speak for others.

Associate
:D
22-24" basically a laptop screen
32-42" perfect in uw or 16:9
48" a bit too big
77-88" absolutely stupid unless on a couch a good few meters away.

There, that! Feeling the same. Trying to think back. I've had 2x24" 1200p Dells at some point, switched to 28" UHD, just loved UHD but damn was it tiny. Later on switched to a 40" UHD. Absolute game changer!
Replaced that 40" with a HP Omen X35, was lucky enough to be able to do one of those user reviews and keep it. For free it was absolutely amazing. Then 1440p was lacking again, so back to the 1440p.
Damn spoiled nephew basically started out with that screen.
40 to 48 I expected to be very overwhelming. It wasn't and I still love it very much. Distance is the key to keep your neck from needing physio.
I can very well imagine bigger but expect to be lost in screen unless the room suddenly grew and distance were to be adjusted.

Well, you wouldn't think so, but here we are. ;)
I went from a 43" monitor to a CX 48. Both seemed huge initially, then didn't.
Also from a Vincent Teoh video - 'Nobody ever said I wished I bought a smaller TV.'

Yes, that :D On the TV side I've come from a 46 or 49 something, Sharp had strangely odd sizes back then, to a 65" OLED and was blown away.
That "could have gotten a bigger one" feeling set in as expected, but it really would not fit in.

So what are the odds there'll be an OLED32C_ at some point? Buddy is looking but whatever I'm comparing to the C1 is a bloody joke, about as expensive but less features. And what is HDR400 supposed to be?
Either that or you end up paying 3500 EUR or alike.

Soldato
So what are the odds there'll be an OLED32C_ at some point? Buddy is looking but whatever I'm comparing to the C1 is a bloody joke, about as expensive but less features. And what is HDR400 supposed to be?
Either that or you end up paying 3500 EUR or alike
I doubt a 32" would come under the same series of TVs. Typically if a manufacturer has two platforms (e.g. a fast and a slow processor, but might just be a 1080p and a 4k series), they will be segregated by screen size. So for instance the model series that LG offered as 32", is only available in 32 and 43". Then the next series starts at 43", and as we know the OLEDs are only from 55" up, or 48 since last year.

Effectively I don't think anyone would market their ultra-premium product line in a 32" size - that sounds more like a broadcast/mastering monitor or similar.

Associate
40 to 48 I expected to be very overwhelming. It wasn't and I still love it very much. Distance is the key to keep your neck from needing physio.

Because the LG sits low to the desk on the included stand the top of the screen is no higher than my old 43". The extra bits on the side are extra bits on the side.

Associate
When they say it's too big, they mean for their own uses. I'm glad it suits your set-up, but everyone has different needs and you don't speak for others.
It doesn't matter what the size OLED, it still wouldn't be good enough for most setups. Did I say I speak for all gamers? no I didn't what I said was members here only the ones joining in the disagreement:p This is the OLED thread for all the members who have switch over but some still use LCD in a two setups, but I'm different I have just one OLED for everything:)

There, that! Feeling the same. Trying to think back. I've had 2x24" 1200p Dells at some point, switched to 28" UHD, just loved UHD but damn was it tiny. Later on switched to a 40" UHD. Absolute game changer! On the TV side I've come from a 46 or 49 something, Sharp had strangely odd sizes back then, to a 65" OLED and was blown away. That "could have gotten a bigger one" feeling set in as expected, but it really would not fit in.

I remember in my retro years people was playing games on the TV when Atari came out in 1979 one year later Commodore & Sinclair came out in the 1980 before PC hit the market and most CRT's then was colour beige and screen size was 14inch 1024 x 768 the good old years:D

Last edited:
Soldato
It doesn't matter what the size OLED, it still wouldn't be good enough for most setups. Did I say I speak for all gamers? no I didn't what I said was members here only the ones joining in the disagreement:p This is the OLED thread for all the members who have switch over but some still use LCD in a two setups, but I'm different I have just one OLED for everything:)

I remember in my retro years people was playing games on the TV when Atari came out in 1979 one year later Commodore & Sinclair came out in the 1980 before PC hit the market and most CRT's then was colour beige and screen size was 14inch 1024 x 768 the good old years:D
Okay, let's just end this discussion here. I'm sure everyone else is as bored of it as I am.

Permabanned
personal pref, but for me i love my 48cx now, then time i will change is if thier a better one, like maybe if thier a 240hz already and the top of the line gpu can run it

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Come from 48"Cx then to 43" Samsung, eyes, head, neck, arms are saying thank you to going back to 43" size.

Hard to blame or point fingers @ LG really, they are probably the only Display manufacturer to produce high end specification smaller displays for more personal use ie gaming, PC or bedroom displays. LG will milk it sadly, even though the rumours suggested even an 31" oled was due perhaps fall 2021 or early 2022 I believe they might put that in 2023s line up, as to not effect 42" OLED sales.

I won't even bother to wait for reviews, soon as there is word on the LG 42" OLED TV hopefully in 2022 Spring Line up its pre-ordered.

Associate
We are not fully out of the pandemic for all businesses just yet, just look at the GPU's in the news the prices won't drop until end of 2022 at the moment £3,095 for a RTX 3090 crazy, if we was to see new OLEDs to hit the market it would be around end of 2022 or Q1 2023 IMHO

Last edited:
Associate
We are not fully out of the pandemic for all businesses just yet, just look at the GPU's in the news the prices won't drop until end of 2022 at the moment £3,095 for a RTX 3090 crazy, if we was to see new OLEDs to hit the market it would be around end of 2022 or Q1 2023 IMHO

Different perspective. A quick Googling shows a May/June launch for the last couple of gens. I've only been watching the 48s and 55s but they've both been available at a decent discount over MSRP over the last 12 months. This suggests that supply isn't an issue. I've read that they have a new fab and are updating the other. I wouldn't be surprised to see the refresh models mid next year, whether they bring new sizes or worthwhile new features or not. I've got a CX and a C1, I prefer the CX as a TV, either works well for me as a monitor.

Associate
Different perspective. A quick Googling shows a May/June launch for the last couple of gens. I've only been watching the 48s and 55s but they've both been available at a decent discount over MSRP over the last 12 months. This suggests that supply isn't an issue. I've read that they have a new fab and are updating the other. I wouldn't be surprised to see the refresh models mid next year, whether they bring new sizes or worthwhile new features or not. I've got a CX and a C1, I prefer the CX as a TV, either works well for me as a monitor.
The news always predict the day or month. I only follow manufacturing company news, LG normally brings out an new OLED in April we just have to wait and see in 2022 what that would be. I don't have the room to have two OLEDs in my man cave so have to use one 55CX for gaming/streaming all I need now is a RTX3090/4090:D

Back
Top Bottom