LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Hi peahead
I completely reset the Samsung Smart TV it recognised my ps4 but when I select hdmi 2 no joy. My PC doesn't feel like it is starting up as normal. I can't confirm this because I can't see desktop on a screen

Caporegime
Hi folks I have a similar problem. As of last night my pc was happily connected to my Samsung Smart TV via HDMI from my graphics card. Tried to boot up & all I get is a blank screen. Its as if the pc is not connected. So I've tried different HDMI cables i've even tried a different TV same problem no input. I opened up my pc just to make sure everything is connected & all seemsfine. I took out my Radeon RX 580 8192MB graphics card & connected directly from the motherboard to both amsung & Sony TV's, and yes you've guessed it no input.
I'm completely lost, the pc was a self build & i've had it less than year can anyone please help.
My PC specs are
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core 4.2GHz
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Team Group Vulcan TUF Gaming Alliance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel
PowerColour Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon V2 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5" SATA 6Gbps SSD
1000GB HDD
Zalman S3 Midi Tower Case
Create your own separate troubleshooting thread as this is not the place to put your issue as it sounds like something to do with your pc hardware and you do not even own an LG oled.

Soldato
Waiting for the BX model is killing me as my monitor is dying then further seeing places with pre-orders for the 55 & 65" version.
I have seen the 55" version for £1300 already so should be a few hundred quid cheaper than the CX.

Soldato
Waiting for the BX model is killing me as my monitor is dying then further seeing places with pre-orders for the 55 & 65" version.
I have seen the 55" version for £1300 already so should be a few hundred quid cheaper than the CX.

I don't think there has been any official confirmation of that? When LG announced the full range, they only had the 55" and 65" as BX, and I thought I read somewhere this wasn't changing. The conundrum is that I while I'm sure a cheaper 48BX would sell, it would totally canabalize sales of the 48CX, which they certainly don't want.

I see Australia and Canada have nixed the 48" size altogether. LG must not think it will sell well in those areas when the price vs the 55" is so close. I imagine in some markets, outside of PC users, there is probably little demand for a small OLED given the average property size in those countries. The UK is probably one of the strongest markets given our pokey little houses. :D

I don't think we should hold our breaths for a 48BX. Instead, wait for Black Friday. The 48CX will be much cheaper then.

Caporegime
I see pre orders started at the weekend for the 48" A series version - KD-48A9

Might be worth the extra few hundred quid for some people for the far superior top of the range X1 Ultimate processor, which analyses the image to better bring out the contrast of OLED technology for peak brightness and more realistic pictures. The Pixel Contrast Booster enhances colour and contrast in bright areas of the image for more depth, finer texture and assistance in delivering OLED’s characteristic pure black levels. Sony’s X-Motion Clarity technology which also appears in the A8 OLED, helps produce smooth and clear images with fast-moving objects, minimising blur while also retaining more brightness. Plus it has superior sound as well provided by Acoustic Surface-Audio.

Soldato

Might be worth the extra few hundred quid for some people for the far superior top of the range X1 Ultimate processor, which analyses the image to better bring out the contrast of OLED technology for peak brightness and more realistic pictures. The Pixel Contrast Booster enhances colour and contrast in bright areas of the image for more depth, finer texture and assistance in delivering OLED’s characteristic pure black levels. Sony’s X-Motion Clarity technology which also appears in the A8 OLED, helps produce smooth and clear images with fast-moving objects, minimising blur while also retaining more brightness. Plus it has superior sound as well provided by Acoustic Surface-Audio.

Might not support HDMI 2.1? Not Gsync compatible?

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/lg-cx-oled-vs-sony-a9-oled-4035802

Soldato

Lol, okay Sony marketing ;)

Soldato

I don't believe the Sony supports G-Sync. There is no reason it technically COULDN'T, but every likelihood it never will. Sony have never showed much interest in this feature. Buying the Sony would be a big risk if you're hoping for support later down the line, unless Sony officially say that it will be coming. Otherwise, the LG would be the far better choice.

Back
Top Bottom