LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
I've used both AMD and Nvidia GPU's on my CX 48. Have you?

I'm no expert, I'm just sharing my personal experience after almost 6 months of using the thing. My experience was far superior on my 3080, for several reasons I've already listed.

It was the way you said it, but there is nothing special in Nvidia drivers and this CX. And I don't believe all the marketing hype with Nvidia. The 3080 is only 10gb of VRAM not enough for 4K RTX Watch dog Legions because if you turn on RTX it uses more VRAM the 2080 TI owners & 3090 owners will be fine so I wouldn't call the 3080 a superior card when all you can play is 4K like the 1080 TI owners can.

Last edited:
Permabanned
the built in media player upscale very good in the 48CX , anyone use a PC media player that performs as well the built in one?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi, apologies if this has been covered already but I just wondered if anyone could shed some light on a question I have. I have just received a CX today, I have it connected to a RTX3090 GPU and it’s connected via a 5m 2.1 HDMI cable, the issues I am having are that I am getting a lot of glitches and also no option for 120hz in the Nvidia control panel (only 60).

Am I right in thinking that even though it’s a 2.1 HDMI cable that it’s the cause of my issues (possibly due to being 5m long?]. Should I be able to have the option of 120hz even?

Any advice or help greatly appreciated with this.

Soldato
Hi, apologies if this has been covered already but I just wondered if anyone could shed some light on a question I have. I have just received a CX today, I have it connected to a RTX3090 GPU and it’s connected via a 5m 2.1 HDMI cable, the issues I am having are that I am getting a lot of glitches and also no option for 120hz in the Nvidia control panel (only 60).

Am I right in thinking that even though it’s a 2.1 HDMI cable that it’s the cause of my issues (possibly due to being 5m long?]. Should I be able to have the option of 120hz even?

There should be separat resolutions for HD and PC in the nvidia control panel make sure you have selected the PC resolution then 120Hz should become available.

Associate
There should be separat resolutions for HD and PC in the nvidia control panel make sure you have selected the PC resolution then 120Hz should become available.
Can you explain a little more? I am used to Nvidia control panel and my other monitors all show the relevant max hz available [through display port] so is there anything new I need to look at if it’s HDMI?

Soldato

What firmware is installed on the TV?

Soldato

Same here, have a rx 6800, 2.1 hdmi cable and can't find any option for 120hz

Associate
What firmware is installed on the TV?
It is the latest, the first thing I did was update it. My guess (hope) is that’s it’s the cable as it seems quite unstable with lots of glitches and flickering in between moments of stability. It’s a bit of a crap shoot buying one though as there are so many available and it’s hard to know which are any good.

Soldato
It is the latest, the first thing I did was update it. My guess (hope) is that’s it’s the cable as it seems quite unstable with lots of glitches and flickering in between moments of stability. It’s a bit of a crap shoot buying one though as there are so many available and it’s hard to know which are any good.

Does it really need to be 5M?

Associate
Does it really need to be 5M?
No - I have ordered a new one that is 3M. Really hoping this will sort it as under PC resolutions available in the Nvidia control panel there are only HD ones availabl and no 4K ones at all - there are under the TV selection though. To be honest it has sent my other monitos in to melt down when I plugged the HDMI into my FE 3090. Lots of black screens and resetting their positioning so I guess it could also be a driver issue too. I will get the new cable today so will see how that goes...

R3X

R3X

Soldato
No - I have ordered a new one that is 3M. Really hoping this will sort it as under PC resolutions available in the Nvidia control panel there are only HD ones availabl and no 4K ones at all - there are under the TV selection though. To be honest it has sent my other monitos in to melt down when I plugged the HDMI into my FE 3090. Lots of black screens and resetting their positioning so I guess it could also be a driver issue too. I will get the new cable today so will see how that goes...

Sounds identical to the issues when 4K tvs and 4K hdmi cables came out as in many of them not working at the right resolution or refresh rate.

From what vincent teoh recently suggested the first hdmi approved 2.1 cable (passed all 2.1 test and approved by hdmi org) is the Zeskit hdmi 2.1 cable.

"According to Zeskit, they have started shipping 2m and 5m cables with the "Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable" label to customers since last week. 3m and 1m cables will be shipped with the authenticity label in 3 to 5 weeks' time, after clearing old stock."

Shortly after his video went out they all went out of stock though

having said that you can still find ancient hdmi cables still hitting hdmi 2.1 specs fine example here:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg...cussion-thread.2286262/page-321#post-28743348

Its perhaps trial and error, shorter the cables the better the success imo you may even hit it with a poundland hdmi cable but naturally the ultra high speed cables have more success especially the zeskit certified one.

Permabanned
guys one question, my cx 48 is connected to a 2080ti and set to pc mode, true motion is greyed out cant select or set it up, but i found just by chance when i connected my gigabyte brix that uses a low end intel built in video card, i can set the resolution to interlace and the true motion settings will all show up but in progressive it will be greyed out also , is thier a way to set my 2080ti to output a interlace signal? ive tried custom resolution in NVCP but it wont let me set intelace , or is thier a way to make the tru motion settings work on pc mode? or make the CX48 open all its settings?

Soldato
I bought the 55" CX and im going to be using with my PC do i have to worry about burn in? i watched a guy on youtube and he suggested turning on PC mode and hiding task bar and icons and also using a black desktop for wallpaper. Seems a tad cautious?

Associate
If you do marathon sessions with static logos eventually pixel wear will occur. How long is based on your settings and the nature of the static logos. Wouldn’t worry about it too much unless you play the same game 8 hours a day with static logos with high brightness/HDR for 1 year solid lol. Newer oleds have more resistant panels and better protection than the first oleds.

Back
Top Bottom