LG DM2780D 27" 3D monitor

i've also contacted amazon, to which they told me to first contact LG.
I then stated "i beleive that is not my responsibility at this stage." she then said she will se what she can do.

I should apparently expect an email in 2 - 3 days.

Shunted off much. Life is too short to be hassling for a pair of glasses that should just be sent out!

yeah i will ring them i think.

Last edited:
I just recently bought the LG D2342P and it came supplied with the correct 'monitor' 3D glasses. No problems at all, I even tried a pair of TV glasses and got the purple ghosting right away, put the correct 'monitor' glasses back on and the purple ghosting was gone.:)

I am confused now(not hard I know) I just talked to a guy on LGs support and he said that
the "TV monitor glasses are polarized at the wrong degree angle, resulting in the ghosting" But the right ones are EBX61528101?
But that number is for the Monitor Glasses!!!
This is putting me off selling my 2 LCDs for this one.

I am confused now(not hard I know) I just talked to a guy on LGs support and he said that
the "TV monitor glasses are polarized at the wrong degree angle, resulting in the ghosting" But the right ones are EBX61528101?
But that number is for the Monitor Glasses!!!
This is putting me off selling my 2 LCDs for this one.

That LG guy sounds correct to me as these monitors have left the LG factory with the 3D TV glasses instead of 3D monitor glasses.

So, if you buy the LG DM2780D and open the box and find a set of 3D glasses in the box which say "3D cinema" on the arm of the glasses then they are the wrong type. What you will need is the glasses which say "LG 3D monitor" on the arm of the glasses.

so to make it clear

LG 3D cinema = wrong glasses
LG 3D monitor = correct glasses

simples

Last edited:
But the question is why is the dm2780d branded as a cinema 3dtv the next generation 3dtv. And why arent LG owning up as in the email i posted guys its the branding issue. They cant own up because they misbranded the dm2780d

I just recently bought the LG D2342P and it came supplied with the correct 'monitor' 3D glasses. No problems at all, I even tried a pair of TV glasses and got the purple ghosting right away, put the correct 'monitor' glasses back on and the purple ghosting was gone.:)

Do you game with this monitor? What is it like?
Sorry to be off topic but i'm looking to buy one of the D2342P monitors but i don't want to be dissapointed if the picture isn't very good. I have an LG 3DTV, 32 inch and it seems to have a lot of input lag when gaming in 3d.

That LG guy sounds correct to me as these monitors have left the LG factory with the 3D TV glasses instead of 3D monitor glasses.

So, if you buy the LG DM2780D and open the box and find a set of 3D glasses in the box which say "3D cinema" on the arm of the glasses then they are the wrong type. What you will need is the glasses which say "LG 3D monitor" on the arm of the glasses.

so to make it clear

LG 3D cinema = wrong glasses
LG 3D monitor = correct glasses

simples

Thanks dude ;)

Do you game with this monitor? What is it like?
Sorry to be off topic but i'm looking to buy one of the D2342P monitors but i don't want to be dissapointed if the picture isn't very good. I have an LG 3DTV, 32 inch and it seems to have a lot of input lag when gaming in 3d.

Sorry for the delay, yes have gamed with Fallout NV, Skyrim and remarkably Tiger Woods 08. Thought they were all terrific but especially Skyrim. Picture is terrific and no lag that I have noticed. I am gaming with a 470GTX at 1920 X 1080 and its smooth as butter. This is also an excellent 2D monitor.:D

can anyone tell me how to use tridef - do I need to put monitor into 3d (if so which mode) or just use tridef?

You get instructions with the monitor and the Tridef software which are easy to follow. Once you have installed the Tridef software (there was an update to download on the internet, it tells you) it automatically finds compatable games that are installed on your system, although it did miss a couple, and when you run the Tridef software ( I let it put a shortcut on my desktop) and select the games icon you will see a list of games you have, you just select the game you wish to play and click launch, easy as that, quite impressed with the Tridef software actually. If the software hasn't picked up one of your games there is an option to drag and drop the game executable into the Tridef software and then you can launch away. Has worked very well for me so far, I am now looking into 3D Blu-Rays and Sky 3D which I have read will work with this monitor.:D

Cheers, I've read all the info and can get it to work, what I dont understand is the monitor itself - do I have to turn on 3d in the monitor, and if so, which of the 4 3d modes do I use - obviously the 5th being 2d-3d which I dont use)

Cheers, I've read all the info and can get it to work, what I dont understand is the monitor itself - do I have to turn on 3d in the monitor, and if so, which of the 4 3d modes do I use - obviously the 5th being 2d-3d which I dont use)

I use HDMI and I dont turn on 3D via the monitor.
This is for both LG 3D Game. (v1.5.9) and Tridef Media Player.

GAMES - 2 methods that work here.

1. Normal Method. (from a newly booted windows session - Game - Left for Dead 2)
Launch "LG 3D Game - Tridef 3D" .
The 3d optimiser screen appears(tilt monitor etc)(unless you had previously ticked the "dont show this again" option)
When you click "OK" the optimiser screen closes and you should see a list of games in the "LG 3D Game - Tridef 3D" window
Select/Launch the game from this window by double clicking.
Windows 7 then asks "Do you want a program to make changes to computer- Tridef" - say yes (obviously).
That bit loads the Tridef Driver (NOTE: seems it remains loaded for your windows session).
(At this point I have to sign in to Steam or LFD2 does not launch).
The Game launches in 3D. Done.

2. My Method for Portal in 3D.
Portal does not show in my LG 3D Game window (and I have not attempted to add it manually). So :
Use Method 1 Normal to launch any game that loads the Tridef driver (if not already loaded).
Quit the Game once it has launched.
Launch Portal from the Windows Start Menu.
It fires up in 3D.

Last edited:
Yes, you should get glasses that have "3D Monitor" on the side. Look on the glasses themselves and don't rely on the box.

But If the glasses say cinema, they are wrong - despite the DM2780D being branded "Cinema 3D".

Just phoned LG again - they are going to re-send, fingers crossed!

If they get the wrong ones again I'm going to ask them to send me a TV that matches the glasses!!!

Last edited:
I got this Today, and received the 3D Cinema glasses :(

Phone LG and they will only send out replacements if I post the others back to them first. :mad:

Phone LG and they will only send out replacements if I post the others back to them first. :mad:

Hassle them. On the phone. Tell em you want glasses sent out now...

They bloody well know about this issue now.

Wish watchdog would get back to me. LG need a good firm kick up the backside.

I would get back in touch with LG and tell them that you have bought one of their products which THEY KNOW have been sent out of the factory with the wrong glasses. Tell them that if they wan't you to e-mail a picture of the wrong glasses that they are now fully aware they have sent out as it's all over the internet then that is fine. Why should you be out of pocket in money for postage (you would have to send them recorded delivery) and you will then have to wait to receive the glasses that should have been in the box in the first place. Grrrr.

Why are LG being like this over this issue? They know these monitors left their warehouse with the wrong glasses (lets face it they probably produce these 3D glasses for a few pence each) so why not just send their "valued customers" what they payed for in the first place. This is very bad customer service from LG.

If they insist you send them the glasses back ask them how they would like to pay for postage before you send them.

Same problem is happening in Canada. LG is clueless and keeps sending me the WRONG glasses so I returned the monitor! They need to officially acknowledge this issue is worldwide and properly inform customer service in all countries.

Back
Top Bottom