LG DM2780D 27" 3D monitor

I'll try again tomorrow morning. Story I got told, is that it was company policy to insist on me returning the glasses first. They also suggested that if i didn't do that I could also choose to return the monitor to the supplier... lol

I guys, i ordered a D2342P, it came today with MONITOR glasses. I'm yet to check them but they look like the right ones. SO, LG maybe aren't that bad......?

nah I was a speccy lover I just got a cheap atmos when oric went bankrupt, got it for £25 and remembering it being great!! oric 1 was the same machine tbh but the atmos had the rom issue fixed a better keyboard. Oh the joys of zap, ping and explode, the oric was a far better machine but never took off.

I still have my dead flesh 48k speccy today, oh well back to reality I hope I get the right glasses or LG will get it!

Spoke to them again this morning. If I include a note requesting it, they will reimburse the postage costs of the glasses, I pointed out that it is unfair to expect the customer to fork out upfront for a problem they created.

My issue has been raised to level 2 :eek: However nobody at that level works at the weekend :rolleyes:

Just to let you all know, when I spoke to them on the phone and asked them if they want a photo of the correct glasses they asked if it was off the overclockers site!!!! Obviously I said yes:D

Still dont really know how to use this monitor with 3d and tridef - if I play BF3 through tridef do I need to enable 3d on the tv and if so, which setting, there are 5 (one of them being 2d-3d which looks quite good running BF3 without tridef)???

oh sick now as getting nowhere, cant believe lg just dont issue the glassess when know the problem is with them... All I am getting here is mistakes sometimes happen um, after 4months this should be fixed.

oh sick now as getting nowhere, cant believe lg just dont issue the glassess when know the problem is with them... All I am getting here is mistakes sometimes happen um, after 4months this should be fixed.

I ended up caving in and sending the glasses that came with the monitor in to LG (posted them off today). :mad: A spoke to a few people, but the story was the same, company policy, they admitted it was unreasonable but could do nothing about it...

Seems LG doesn't care much about customer satisfaction or correcting their own mistakes.

i gave up reading after page 3 :)

can someone say what this monitor is like as a 2d display please ?

and is it any good for gaming ?

The DM2780D I returned had poor 2D image quality, fine horizontal lines were constantly visable which made the screen look interlaced.

The DM2780D I returned had poor 2D image quality, fine horizontal lines were constantly visable which made the screen look interlaced.

Odd, not noticed that on mine. But then I don't sit very close to it.

Overall I found the screen image quality exceeded my expectations having gotten used to a 2560x1440 IPS display.

And despite everyones issues with glasses, if they ever release the 3D IPS screens, I will be trying them out and if good might even go back to single display.

At least this time, I should have at least one air of every kind of glasses, so shouldn't have any issues :D

Still dont really know how to use this monitor with 3d and tridef - if I play BF3 through tridef do I need to enable 3d on the tv and if so, which setting, there are 5 (one of them being 2d-3d which looks quite good running BF3 without tridef)???

For BF3, you need to add origin to Tridef using generic profile.

Tridef should have found BF3 exe and added that - if not add it and select the battlefield 3 profile.

Make sure Origin is shut down.

Start origin THROUGH TRIDEF.

Now launch BF3 through tridef.

That should work, but do note that you won't be able to play online in 3D as punkbuster will kick you.

cheers for that - I have found that using the 2d-3d option on the monitor works quite well in BF3 online - my main question was, as you answered it in an earlier post which I miss-read, did I need to select 3D on the TV whilst using TriDef - answer being no, the computer does it.

What are the other 3d options for (side by side, top/bottom and the other one I cant explain!)?

Must have been a misplaced layer on the panel.
What you described sounds exactly like what is seen when using the PC (for normal use), while still wearing the polarised 3D glasses - difficult (but not impossible) to use if you dont take off the glasses.
The image for 2D is just about perfect - there should be no visible horizontal lines.

cheers for that - I have found that using the 2d-3d option on the monitor works quite well in BF3 online - my main question was, as you answered it in an earlier post which I miss-read, did I need to select 3D on the TV whilst using TriDef - answer being no, the computer does it.

What are the other 3d options for (side by side, top/bottom and the other one I cant explain!)?

Some source material is broadcast (sky 3d for example) as two images (one for each eye) side by side or top and bottom to reduce the bandwidth costs of broadcasting twice as many frames. The tv then takes those images and stretches and overlays them so you can see them fullscreen as a 3d image. It's just choosing the right option for the source material. 2d-3d is just upscaling, so you really want the real deal for the best effect.

Back
Top Bottom