LG DM2780D 27" 3D monitor

Forgot that it only has 1 HDMI. Spent so long looking at other monitors before deciding on this one.
Yeah, going to swap cables when needed. I very rarely use my PS3 these days, just want to try out some 3D blu rays.

Will be going for the cheapest v1.4 hdmi cable I can find.

Forgot that it only has 1 HDMI. Spent so long looking at other monitors before deciding on this one.
Yeah, going to swap cables when needed. I very rarely use my PS3 these days, just want to try out some 3D blu rays.

Will be going for the cheapest v1.4 hdmi cable I can find.

Don't worry the D2342P comes with a DVI cable (and a VGA). The DVI cable works fine for 3d connected to my 6950 graphics card and i have a 1.4 HDMI cable i got for £1.99 from the rainforest.

A lot of unwarranted concern over hdmi cable ratings. The number of pins hasn't changed, neither has the number of wires in the cable.
If you hook up 2 HDMI 1.4a rated rated appliances with a 1.3 rated cable everything will work.
You can even use (cheap)1.3 rated HDMI auto switchbox inbetween.

Consider the PS3 with its now ancient HDMI port that can today, deliver full HD frame packed 3D output to any 3D capable display.

The sudden appearance of cheap (and extremely expensive) 1.4a rated cables is not a result of new manufacturing of HDMI cables - just a re-branding of existing cables to cash in on fears.

EDIT: should have added - Ihave the DM2780 connected by 'old' HDMI cables to the PC via an 'OLD' hdmi auto switch.

Last edited:
I have a question here, would this monitor benefit from running using the hdmi vs the vga. I have bought a 1.4a dvi to hdmi cable. I to noticed a glitchy picture using the vga cable and well the 3d was non existant.

at least you have got the glasses, I'm still waiting, with assurances they are on the way, but when I rang today I was told it was with head office and the technical dept!!!!!!

Getting very frustrated with this now and I used to think LG customer serive was ok but it is a shambles..

Do any of you guys have horizontal lines across the screen? Mainly when the background is white/very light?

Got this monitor yesterday and I have the same problem. At first I thought I had it set to interlaced. Picture seems to be fine when playing games or videos but on the desktop there are faint lines but very noticeable.
Can notice it more when the screen is white.

Monitor looks fantastic on my PS3 (even when displaying a white screen) only notice the horizontal lines on my PC. :confused:

This is in 2D without the glasses.

Got this monitor yesterday and I have the same problem. At first I thought I had it set to interlaced. Picture seems to be fine when playing games or videos but on the desktop there are faint lines but very noticeable.
Can notice it more when the screen is white.

Monitor looks fantastic on my PS3 (even when displaying a white screen) only notice the horizontal lines on my PC. :confused:

This is in 2D without the glasses.

Yep, exactly the same as mine.

I just tried a white image on full screen browser and also dead pixel tester with all white screen and do not notice this in 2D at all.

Have you got the input set up as PC?

Also, make sure you do not have the sharpness set to high or low - try to keep it on 50.

I don't have any horizontal lines on my screen.

My postman has just been and no sign of any glasses yet. The customer services guy said, on Friday, that they would be in the post that day if I e-mailed him a screenshot of my receipt and put the title of the e-mail as the reference number he gave me. I have not received any confirmation or acknowledgement of the e-mail I sent to them so I am still in the dark about whether the glasses were sent or not.

One thing I have noticed with my monitor is that when you play something in 3D the monitor automatically switches the '3D colour effect' on. But when you go back to just 2D it does not automatically switch off and is a bit of a pain going through the menu to switch it off.

Last edited:
Do any of you guys have horizontal lines across the screen? Mainly when the background is white/very light?
I also had this problem and it was very noticable and extremely annoying. I returned my monitor and just ordered a new one to see if the next DM2780 has the same problem. I was hoping it was an isolated case but it appears this is a common problem with this monitor and if my new one has the lines it will also be going back and I won't be buying another LG. :(

I had the same horizontal lines which I just couldnt get rid of - switched to HDMI and they have gone! No idea why - LG said it was possibly the dvi cable although I did try 3 different ones!

I had the same horizontal lines which I just couldnt get rid of - switched to HDMI and they have gone! No idea why - LG said it was possibly the dvi cable although I did try 3 different ones!

Maybe a faulty DVI connection on the monitor.

Still not received my glasses so LG must have used 6th class post:D IF they sent them last Friday like they said they would.

Last edited:
I just received the 2nd DM2780 and one pair of the correct 3D glasses from LG Canada, but the 3D is the worst I've ever seen! The ghosting is extremely bad and the screen has horizontal lines in both 2D without glasses and 3D with the glasses. This is by far the worst 3D monitor I've tried so far and I will be returning it.

LG also has the worst technical support I've ever encountered. I'm done with LG.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom