LG Flatron W2600HP 26

Associate
I'm definitely considering one of these if the Dell U2410's game mode doesn't turn out to lower input lag enough.

If there's anyone here who owns one and is reading this - How bad is the wide gamut problem under XP, and I don't suppose anyone's tested it on Windows 7 to see if it does actually fix the issue? Also, with somewhat poor black levels being reported, I wondered if people can see all the squares on the Lagom black test? ( http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php ). I've also seen a few post complain about the all too common LCD issues like inconsistent backlighting and buzzing sounds etc, but overall most opinions are pretty positive.

My only other concern is what LG's customer service is like? Given the really excellent price OC seem to have secured for this monitor I have to assume it's not unlikely someone somewhere is looking to clear stock out before it's discontinued. So I'm wondering how good/bad LG are about panel swapping, and what they'd do in the case of a monitor being discontinued. The reason I didn't go with the Hazro was because I didn't fancy waiting 2 weeks for someone to reply to my email, then another 2 months without a monitor whilst it gets repaired.. As bad as Dell are, they're usually pretty good about that sort of stuff.

Soldato
If there's anyone here who owns one and is reading this - How bad is the wide gamut problem under XP, and I don't suppose anyone's tested it on Windows 7 to see if it does actually fix the issue? Also, with somewhat poor black levels being reported, I wondered if people can see all the squares on the Lagom black test? ( http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php ).
In practise pure red will look most brightest despite of colour space diagrams showing green being exceeded most. (that older type diagram is distorting)
Mostly it's down to getting used to it and in general in movies skin tones don't look much "sunburned" unless colours are brighly saturated in source material. And grey tones are shown remarkably neutrally for wide gamut monitor. This page has more about that:
http://www.proadviser.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-lg-w2600hp-part11.html
(you could get GPU to make colour space conversion in some media players)

All shades are visible down to 1 and up to 254 in Lagom's test.
In LCDs black level is greatly down to brightness level which makes blacks of any LCD look greyish if not lowered to near zero (actual backlight, not increasing panel blocking of white like in Hazro) from their crazy bright factory settings... those people in LCD monitor/TV factories must be using welders goggles when checking monitors!
Before this LG I had higher contrast capable S-PVA (for four-five months) and that had excellent black (for LCD) and in that IPS is at disadvantage. But unless watching black screen/in very dark room difference is quite unnoticeable because instead of absolute brightness human vision detects contrast. And in any case I'll take slightly worser black value of IPS over VA liquid crystal's horizontal gamma shift compressing dark shades in any day. (here's more about that gamma shifting and way used for hiding it)

Soldato
I can confirm these definitely are the IPS version. If they even dare to send me TN Panels I shall beat them with a stick.:)

They've put the ETA back a little bit but hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer.

Soldato
"DVI cable, D-Sub cable, power cable, USB cable, 4 port USB-Hub, Quicksetup-Guide, Software, cable clip"
I assume the it comes with all those cables? Don't want to order one only to find I need to get hold of a DVI cable before I can use it....
Of course it comes with cables.

Associate
Thanks, last time I bought an LCD monitor it didn't (even tho elsewhere I'd read it did), nor did it have a uk power cable! TN panel so I sent it back anyway....
My right index finger is twitching to click on buy.....

Associate
I got this response to the 'IPS' question.

"Thank you for your web note. The model we are getting in stock should be the S-IPS panel.
"

I don't like would-a, could-a, should-a. I like yes absolutely 100% guaranteed. I was going to put my money down but I think I'll go back to 'wait and see'.

Associate
I can confirm that these will definitely be the S-IPS. If LG even try and send us TN panels they'll be sent straight back.

I will assume from that then that you a rep for the company and accept that as the response I was looking for!

Your previous post above, referenced to yourself (as oppose to OverClockers) led me read it as you were an enthusiastic customer.

Soldato
Can someone confirm the overall size of this for me. I have a limited space in which to slot it in ( seems quite deep ). If it is as per the stated, i may pre-order... .:D
Width: ~60cm
Round base is ~27cm diameter (reaches ~21cm backwards from panel's front.
Fair 47cm is height with panel vertically.
(with panel tilted backward it probably goes to that ~46cm)

Associate
Hey guys could anyone with this monitor give me some feedback on it.

Im currently looking to upgrade from a 22" 4:3 Mitsubishi Diamondtron CRT. My main focus is gaming so response time is important for me.

I was going to get a Samsung SM2433BW till I saw this.

How does the Response time compare to the Samsung?

Back
Top Bottom