LG OLED 2022 Thread - A2, B2, C2, G2

Soldato
As above 77" G2 seems LG only directly atm. Most other retailors are still on pre-order.

The 55" and 65" however seem to be in stock at quiet a few places, John Lewis, Currys, Sevenoaks etc.

Soldato
Thanks guys. Just ordered the 77" G2 from LG direct. At £4189 as well lol, just hope i can grab the £300 cashback on top of that :D

Nice, looking forward to your thoughts. Look like LG have pushed the G2 pretty far this year in most ways! Can't wait for mine to arrive, but likely still 3-4 weeks away for me!

Soldato
Nice, looking forward to your thoughts. Look like LG have pushed the G2 pretty far this year in most ways! Can't wait for mine to arrive, but likely still 3-4 weeks away for me

7 to 10 days delivery LG are saying for mine.
This is a very big upgrade for me. I bought a 65EF950V in 2016 and had it calibrated by Vincent at the time, and it's still a fantastic TV. But things have moved on since then and now is defo the time to upgrade.

Soldato
Woop Woop, I shall live vicariously though your feedback until mine comes :cry: Should be a nice upgrade as you say.

Are you planning to use the flush wallmount?

Yep, after 8 years of my current 65EF950V, it will be a big upgrade. I must admit though, i will miss playing the 3d films i have. Watched Avatar in 3d for the last time last night...............it's still a great film and just pure magic in 3d.
No, i won't be wall mounting it. My living room is only 3.1m wide................i much prefer the tv across the living room at head height. I can't stand looking up at a tv...................it just does not feel natural to me and wouldn't work in my living room layout anyway.

Soldato
I'll just wallmount mine at eye level on the wall, rather than high up.

Sorry didn't explain myself well ther lol. My room is 3.1m wide but about 15m long. There are 2 very large windows at each end along with a chimney breast about 2m from the front window. Mounting the tv on a wall is simply not an option because of the chimney breast and the area i use as the lounge..............it would look stupid at any height lol.

Soldato
6-D878456-9815-4-D73-80-B9-822-EB41-AF7-EB.jpg
We got our 65" G2 on the wall recently, big upgrade from our 55" CX. Clarity and dark scene performance is very good, brightness is a massive improvement as well.

Soldato
6-D878456-9815-4-D73-80-B9-822-EB41-AF7-EB.jpg
We got our 65" G2 on the wall recently, big upgrade from our 55" CX. Clarity and dark scene performance is very good, brightness is a massive improvement as well.

Damm looks really good. Making me want to really put cables through wall though suspect I will use a piece of trunking :o

Soldato
Im entering the market soon - may I ask for pointers on the savings please?

LG members including myself (LG members is just an account on the LG online shop) seemed to have got a personalised 25% off voucher. It will last until the 28th of this month. Could be worth singing up to make an account and see if your retrospectively get the voucher.

Right now would drop the 77" G2 to £3,300 in the basket (as you get a base 2% off aswell) when I tested it which is easily the best you will get right now for a 77" G2 officially I expect outside getting it with the Insiders which is now long gone. The cashback offer has now expired on the 1st of June, but if you get it for £3,300, far better then the base price + cashback anyways.

Associate
LG members including myself (LG members is just an account on the LG online shop) seemed to have got a personalised 25% off voucher. It will last until the 28th of this month. Could be worth singing up to make an account and see if your retrospectively get the voucher.

Right now would drop the 77" G2 to £3,300 in the basket (as you get a base 2% off aswell) when I tested it which is easily the best you will get right now for a 77" G2 officially I expect outside getting it with the Insiders which is now long gone. The cashback offer has now expired on the 1st of June, but if you get it for £3,300, far better then the base price + cashback anyways.
Thanks pal, will give it a try

Back
Top Bottom