LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Soldato
Anyone know if I can:
1. Attach VM to the TV via HDMI
2. Using arc to play the sound?

I've got arc enabled on the TV in HDMI 2, and arc selected in the amp. But no sound... Will I have sync issues this way?

Associate
That should be the correct way to do it, maybe refer back to your amp’s manual to check you have it connected the right port? I’m sure I read that some amps need to be connected to the output as it’s ‘audio Return channel’ so it’s backwards... might have been rubbish, but have never tried it myself!

On a side note, I picked up this beauty over the weekend and I’m really pleased. Watched the F1 in UHD on the sports mode and it looked great... just make sure you turn off the true motion setting, it’s awful!

Now, to pack the TV away before I move. Must find a way to re cover and repackage the set without scratching it!!

Soldato
That should be the correct way to do it, maybe refer back to your amp’s manual to check you have it connected the right port? I’m sure I read that some amps need to be connected to the output as it’s ‘audio Return channel’ so it’s backwards... might have been rubbish, but have never tried it myself!

On a side note, I picked up this beauty over the weekend and I’m really pleased. Watched the F1 in UHD on the sports mode and it looked great... just make sure you turn off the true motion setting, it’s awful!

Now, to pack the TV away before I move. Must find a way to re cover and repackage the set without scratching it!!

Unfortunately it looks like the amp will only see the ARC from the TV when the TV has CEC enabled. I don't want CEC enabled as I control the TV and amp via a harmony remote. Now the remote is a bit useless... pain in the bum.

Caporegime
Unfortunately it looks like the amp will only see the ARC from the TV when the TV has CEC enabled. I don't want CEC enabled as I control the TV and amp via a harmony remote. Now the remote is a bit useless... pain in the bum.

That is correct, ARC is part of the CEC spec and will only work with CEC, you're main option is to use Optical out from the TV.

If you happen to have a Denon AVR I worked out a way around this because it was annoying me

On the AVR

Setup -› Video -› HDMI Setup

HDMI Control On

TV Audio switching Off

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey folks, tempted to get a B7 or maybe C7 as it seems to be the best reasonably priced OLED going at the mo!

Where have people seen it the cheapest? Everywhere seems to be doing the B7 for around £1399 at most places. I’m going to have a look at one later to see what it’s like in person before making the final decision.

Associate
Hey folks, tempted to get a B7 or maybe C7 as it seems to be the best reasonably priced OLED going at the mo!

Where have people seen it the cheapest? Everywhere seems to be doing the B7 for around £1399 at most places. I’m going to have a look at one later to see what it’s like in person before making the final decision.

£1299 on Richer Sounds using code ‘TV100RS’

Soldato
took the plunge today from John Lewis. I was torn between this and the Sammy m7000 in the end side by side there was absolutely no contest and despite being double the price I feel iv made an investment for the future and as i was jumping from a plasma the blacks needed to be there really.

I think that's the most iv ever spent on a single tech item,my bank balance didn't like it. still nothing a month or two can't fix.

Associate
Thanks for the RS code.

Has anyone had any of the issues with tinting, banding or burn in? Seems to be a fair amount of talk about it online? Is it just the vocal few? It’s the only thing that gives me pause :(

I didn't notice anything on mine, but I also didn't go looking for it! More than happy with it!

Associate
Picked up the B7V at the weekend and been watching the world cup on it. Picture quality is amazing, well worth the money. Just need to upgrade my amp and speakers now.

Caporegime
These tend to need a bit of calibrating

Did you watch it on iPLayer UHD? You can cycle through HDR modes on the remote by pressing the button that looks like a gear and using the pink magic wand to cycle between picture modes.

Associate
For BBC iPlayer, World Cup Cup in UHD.
Can anyone tell me what HDR Picture Mode Settings you're using?

If I set it to Technicolor, the pitch looks desaturated and the overall picture looks flat.
The only setting that looks good is Standard (with a few tweaks).

The interior studio shots look good in either Standard or Technicolor.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom