LG to Introduce 34-inch IPS 21:9 UltraWide (Model UM95) monitor

Caporegime
I helped a friend at the weekend but a 46" Samsung LCD on the wall, the thing weighed next to nothing ;)

My Sharp 60" LED is lighter than my old 50" Sammy plasma!! My ZR30w has some heft to it tbh, kinda like that :D

If I'm honest I don't know if I'll be able to live with the 'narrowness' of a big 21:9 monitor, might be worth me waiting for other options down the road...

Soldato

OK I'm sold, OcUK please can you let us know when you can get this product in stock, you'll sell a bunch ;) (I've open a thread in the OcUK Product suggestions forum).

Can't remember being quite so excited by a bit of PC hardware in a very long time!

It has a VESA mount so if you don't like the stand you can use an arm/mount.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
OK I'm sold, OcUK please can you let us know when you can get this product in stock, you'll sell a bunch ;) (I've open a thread in the OcUK Product suggestions forum).

Can't remember being quite so excited by a bit of PC hardware in a very long time!

It has a VESA mount so if you don't like the stand you can use an arm/mount.

Not long to wait - available by the end of May according to LG live help :D

Soldato
How many games support 21:9?

The majority do. Not as many as support 16:9 of course, but support is already good and is increasing. The same titles that support Eyefinity and NV Surround support 21:9 - this list is useful but not complete. Some titles have little issues with HUDs etc. that are easily fixed using a utility like Flawless Widescreen. I am personally quite a fan of 21:9 models and look forward to reviewing Dell's upcoming version of this LG model (U3415W).

Soldato
This is pretty good for me, I don't do that much gaming so 60Hz doesn't bother me and I'll probably get pretty decent performance without having to drop ££££ on a machine that will do 4K.

All that desktop real estate makes me a very happy camper.

HEADRAT

Soldato
nice to see some reviews and video's coming up though.

Unfortunately as ive already submitted a product request and heard back that ocuk will NOT be stocking these so we'll be looking at other retailers to get stock and pricing which isnt ideal.

Associate
nice to see some reviews and video's coming up though.

Unfortunately as ive already submitted a product request and heard back that ocuk will NOT be stocking these so we'll be looking at other retailers to get stock and pricing which isnt ideal.

Did they mention if they were going to stock the Dell version instead?

Permabanned
Same just the dot pitch puts me off it is going to blow my socks off for Warlords of Draenor and BF4, Both games work with 21:9 and are my main targets. If someone can try to overclock one to say 75HZ and succeed then the forums will explode with amazement. But no more than £800 it looks flimsy and it basically the same old IPS we have now. It is probably just an Ultrawide 2711 panel.

Ive heard it is pre calibrated too this time, If LG want to beat Dell then no grainy coating and pre calibrated.

Soldato
I really love the sound of this, and given the price I really think they should have included either a 2nd dp input or a 60hz hdmi input.

The awful stand (no decent height adjustment) also rankles at this price.

Hopefully OCUK stock the Dell version (and it gets as good a review)

Going to be excruciatingly expensive though

Permabanned
You can get a cheap wall bracket for £15 im not worried about the stand of flimsyness at all it sits in one place and never moves but it is incredibly short like most monitors. We need to dig up some specs whats the brightness 350cmd?

A lot of people are going to be using these, Even competitive players will soon be weighing up being able to see more on the sides or having faster reaction times. You cannot shoot something you have not seen yet though.

Back
Top Bottom