Lila Connect - VX Fibre 1gig - Stoke on Trent

Associate
i had my 1 g fibre installed today!

its PANTS, 126 to 300 mbps.
been talking to them all day, actually one guy frome lila told me its better than my old ips!!!!! huh! my old isp was 35mbps lila should be in the 900 sssss
dam shocking, got an engin.... coming morrow, if they dont fix it they can dig it up.

warning to all.

Just done speed test on mine and I get 900Mbps down and 727Mbps upload. There will be an issue with the line, nothing wrong with their service.

Have you tried the speed test the engineers use: http://speed-uk1.vx.se/index.html

Also, what router are you using?
Are you testing on WiFi or ethernet?
Are you using at least at Cat5e cable for ethernet?

Associate
O
Just done speed test on mine and I get 900Mbps down and 727Mbps upload. There will be an issue with the line, nothing wrong with their service.

Have you tried the speed test the engineers use: http://speed-uk1.vx.se/index.html

Also, what router are you using?
Are you testing on WiFi or ethernet?
Are you using at least at Cat5e cable for ethernet?[/QUOTE

All tests cat 6a Ethernet.
Router is zyxel 3001-to

Ok just ran that test link and iam getting 1000 fluctuates to 1009 ran 12 tests most were 1003. Uploads 414 to 452

So is this speed test accurate? The engineer told me that an install yesterday at another property was spot on 1000
Wonder why upload speed is low, Lila told me that upload should be same as Download speed.

My testing earlier was with ookla, obviously it’s crap. It was that showing crap speeds oops
Iam using cat 6a brand new.

Just ran another 6 speed tests on speed-UK 1 .....
Constantly getting 1004 upload is 464 .

I know there was a problem earlier today he connections kept dropping.
Thanx for the test link

They gave me a static ip , apparently it’s free. That saved me £4.99 a month.

Associate
Nice, you will be getting the speed. Speedtest when I do it lower but when downloading a file or game, it does it at around 95MB/s.

I downloaded 1 gig file speed was 125 meg a sec. , would you know why my Samsung TVs ethernet. Has gone slow ? My old isp was 35mbps
On Netflix test. Now with this fibre iam getting 18mbps. Now wireless 5g on tv gives me 200mbps
The ethernet on tv isn’t 1000mbps Ethernet port is 100.

Anyone know how to speed this up? Any router settings?

Associate
I downloaded 1 gig file speed was 125 meg a sec. , would you know why my Samsung TVs ethernet. Has gone slow ? My old isp was 35mbps
On Netflix test. Now with this fibre iam getting 18mbps. Now wireless 5g on tv gives me 200mbps
The ethernet on tv isn’t 1000mbps Ethernet port is 100.

Anyone know how to speed this up? Any router settings?

That is strange with the TV, it shouldn't be any slower. If you haven't changed any advanced settings like QoS (If the router supports this), then it should be at least the same speed as before.

Soldato
I'd be inclined to ignore a speed test on a TV. If you can stream the content you want without any problems then I'd be happy.

Maybe it's worth plugging something else into that same ethernet cable and doing a test to rule out a problem with the cabling.

Associate
i had my 1 g fibre installed today!

its PANTS, 126 to 300 mbps.
been talking to them all day, actually one guy frome lila told me its better than my old ips!!!!! huh! my old isp was 35mbps lila should be in the 900 sssss
dam shocking, got an engin.... coming morrow, if they dont fix it they can dig it up.

warning to all.
thats a worry mine is about to be installed. I have 350mbps at the moment. If its not up to scratch I will stay with virgin.

Associate
I'd be inclined to ignore a speed test on a TV. If you can stream the content you want without any problems then I'd be happy.

Maybe it's worth plugging something else into that same ethernet cable and doing a test to rule out a problem with the cabling.
You will only get 1gb through ethernet to a pc or laptop I would think. My **** hot telly only ever shows 100 mbps on a speed test.

Associate

using same cable.
tried 2 other cables getting around 8 to 18 meg on ethernet to tv.
i just disconnected lila and used my old isp zen internet now that connection is 36 mbps fttc
my zen contract ends today.

something not right here. so to recap using zen internet which is 35 meg connection i get 34 meg ehternet to samsung tv. now on lila i get 6 to 18 meg on ethernet to tv. not fast enough for hdr 21... on netflix i need 26 mim.... plus i get buffering.
i swapped over to my netgear rax50 and getting the same.

Associate
An engineer came today. all sorted on their end.
he took a direct reading from the ont. speeds were 1008 dload upload 1007.

he then contacted the fibre exchange ,guy other end said numbers were perfect higher than expected.
the problem is with my gear.
on ips zyxel router speeds were 1008 dl up 1008. so we checked my pc. aparently my x99 deluxe 3.1 mb ethernet is **** hahah pc was 1008 dl good upload was 324 .
so going to invest in a new network card.
also my new netgear gs308e is a duff. also the 4 port version is also faulty. problem still exists pc to port on xyx.... router so its my net work on pc.
now samsung tv is 3 yrs old the ethernt in it in crap 100m . wifi is 200mbps 5g. which is good.

so we then replace the zyxel with my netgear rax 50
speeds increased again dl 1009 upload 1009. thats with the engineers laptop using ehternet. he told me dump the zyxel and use the rax 50 he told me the isps free router is cheap and often drop out. oh i forgot to mention when they run a direct test from ont it has to pass 950 mbps. if it doesnt they cant continue installation until its fixed.
so now iam an happy bunny.

Associate
Not sorted. Tried a few borrowed network cards still getting slower uploads.
when I first tested my upload speed hit 900s .
Dloads are very good.

If I test on vx site test I get 1000 dl 434up. Add on cards do nothing
If I go into my router and do a speed test uploads are in the 900s.

It’s doing my head in.
Anyone got any ideas to what’s going on?

Associate
Mine is up and running. 945Mbps download 860Mbps upload. That is through my gaming PC through an ethernet cable. A speed test on my 4k newish TV I getting 130 mbps through wireless. My phone gets 800 to 100 depending where I am in the house. Laptop is 500 is (wireless)

Associate
Not sorted. Tried a few borrowed network cards still getting slower uploads.
when I first tested my upload speed hit 900s .
Dloads are very good.

If I test on vx site test I get 1000 dl 434up. Add on cards do nothing
If I go into my router and do a speed test uploads are in the 900s.

It’s doing my head in.
Anyone got any ideas to what’s going on?

Associate
I would get a wifi6 router something like an Asus RT-AX58 WIFI 6 AX3000 perhaps some new cat 8 ethernet leads too.

Caporegime
This thread is like a masterclass in how not to troubleshoot a connection. Why start buying new routers and "Cat8" cables when nobody has narrowed the problem down?

Take a breath, write the problem down, go back and sense check it and try not to flip around talking about different devices in the same sentence. What wired computers do you have access to?

Associate
This thread is like a masterclass in how not to troubleshoot a connection. Why start buying new routers and "Cat8" cables when nobody has narrowed the problem down?

Take a breath, write the problem down, go back and sense check it and try not to flip around talking about different devices in the same sentence. What wired computers do you have access to?

I have just one pc mb is x99 deluxe 3.1 quite old.
Speed test from i5 laptop showed 998dl. Up 999

Test from my pc dload 997 up 430s
If I go into my rax 50 router and do a speed test from router interface I get dload 998 Up. 997
So the problem is with my pc, has to be, do you agree?

Back
Top Bottom