Linx 10.1 inch Windows 8 Tablet - Any good?

Associate
Guess not. Just stumped up the £79 for a refurbished replacement from Linx/Exertis Customer Services. :(

01/04/15 update. Spoke to customer services again to chase up when the replacement would be dispatched and was told it won't be for at least another 4 weeks until they get stock!!!!

Last edited:
Associate
Bummer. Feel for you, Timmy85.

I guess the Linx tablets must have been flying off the shelves. I wonder if the success caught the company a bit flat-footed regarding stock/spares.

I keep mine in the padded pocket of a Belkin Messenger 12" laptop bag, and it seems pretty well protected, but with my Bluetooth keyboard, charger, BT mouse, etc, in there too, it does get a bit tight.

Soldato
My screen is starting to scratch a bit now and I am pondering replacing the screen protector that it was delivered with. I have read a few reports of removing it can be a bit messy, anyone done it?

I find the screen protectors a right PITB to put on I can never get rid of the bubbles. You really need to be in a dust free environment.

I saw that you can now get the tempered glass protectors so I bought one for my Lumia 730 phone I just got and it truly does fit with no bubbles whatsover as they claim. Might see if they do a 10" one that will fix the Linx.

Associate
I've had the tempered glass protector on my Note3 since I got it 16 months ago. They are a doddle to fit and protect well. One for the Linx 10 would be good, but I've never seen one. I bought an Adonit Jot Pro stylus to use with the Linx to do some proper digital artwork, and it hasnt half scratched the screen protector that came fitted to it.

Soldato
Thinking of picking one of these up so I can do some revision whilst im away next week. What is the battery life like?

Enough to get me through a general day? I will be able to charge at various points no doubt as well.

Thanks

Soldato
Cheers guys, I found this thread and the Linx 10 was exactly what I was looking for. 2gb ram and HDMI out is brilliant.

I plan on using it for a steam steaming client, media centre with catchup tv, play older games natively and to run emulators on. It should completely replace my secondary gaming PC :)

Associate
Still using mine but the screen is getting a little scratched now, too used to gorilla glass I guess :/

They stopped making these and released a 3G version recently I heard.

Associate
Just nabbed one. Amazing little tablet! Screen is really decent and it handles general windows use and HD video playback perfectly. Copying files over the WIFI from my NAS to it's internal microSD card is nice and snappy too, so I can watch movies on my commute to and from work. Sound out of the headphones seems fine. Battery life seems very good so far.

The only thing I have found less than amazing about it for the price is the lack of USB charging. That's kind of boring. I'd love to be able to charge it up at work through USB but I guess I'll have to hunt for a second power brick for it.

I bought a third party case from on online retailer. No keyboard needed. Very happy overall with this thing. It's very liberating working with a windows tablet after years of iPad use. Yes the screen res isn't that great but it's perfectly good for general use.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom