Lit Fibre

Yeah it went in for about 5 mins as the engineer finished the install then back in the box and over to deco.

In a feedback loop now where they need the factory router to trouble shoot but it won't get an IP lol. Going to push for a static and nope out of CGNAT entirely (if that's how this works).
If you can get past the normal helpdesk and in contact with the Network Team, ask them to try you with a static address temporarily to see if CGNAT is your problem. I assume your public IP starts with 100 at the moment?

Had to get tech to tell me what Mac they were seeing so I could spoof it on my dream machine. Seems their retention is nuts so even 30mins with the ONT Off I wasn't getting an IP on a different Mac.

Still seeing some intermittent lag spikes etc. support are not budging on giving me a static IP so I might just have to pay for one.

I'm on a static IP using my UDM Pro with no MAC spoofing.
My Mac issue is because their DHCP server is retaining the Mac of the 2nd router I plugged in. Not the original/first lit OEM one, but the second Tapo deco X55 lol. Left it for hours and everything. They gave me the Mac they're seeing so I'm spoofing that just to be lazy.

Edit: oic what you mean -- maybe their DHCP is weird with Mac

Last edited:
Anyone else having problems getting logged-in to the PS4/PS5 Fortnite game on Lit Fibre today (Sunday 29th September). Very slow connecting and eventually comes up LOGIN TIMED OUT. Lit Fibre say it's an issue with a few online games, affecting a few ISPs, and they're aware and working on a resolution.

We haven't heard that any of my son's Fortnite friends are having issues on other ISPs. Have managed to get logged-in on the PS5 twice only today. It's very slow loading content in the menus, but once playing a game it seems ok. I've done the usual troubleshooting of rebooting the router, using Ethernet, changing DNS but nothing helps.

I've been trying to download the Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft this evening and getting lots of Network Reset errors on loading the webpages and then if the download starts it fails after a gig or 2. If Fortnite MS too?

Back
Top Bottom