Logitech G502 Proteus Core tunable 12,000 dpi gaming mouse

Soldato
How is this compared to a G500? Got my G500 for £7.99 of a bay and it is brilliant, get some cramp with it sometimes though but it is so much better than my old Razer Imperator.

See some have moved from the G500 to it and quite impressed, would get it but £69!

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol ok mate. Currently got my eye on an upcoming Mionix mouse, the concept px. They teased it on their Facebook page the other day so hoping a launch is imminent. I also fancy their Avior 7000.

Slumming it with a steelseries sensei wireless at the moment

Soldato
Mouse has arrived. only 48 hours from the Netherlands!

Mini review (copied from the BF4 thread):

HazardO said:
It's slightly thinner than my g500, but over all feels really good. The mouse 1 and 2 buttons are concave not convex, and give the impression they will work well in palm or claw mode (I felt in claw/fingertip mode the g500 wasn't quite right for mouse one).

The G light on it is annoying me whenever I'm typing, so that goes.
I'm not using the weights (didn't on my g5s or 500s either).

I think this will be easy to get used to from my g500 it's a similar shape. Not like the Razer Lachesis Banshee I had which was the worst gaming mouse I've ever used (personal opinion but whenever I pressed mouse one, the rear of the mouse would lift and the mouse would lose tracking!).

I also had a razer tarantula keyboard which was IMO rubbish before I got my CM quickfire storm rapid (cherry black) so I'm clearly not a razer fan.

The mouse isn't going to make me a gaming god, only a time machine and genetic resequence will do there, but first impressions are good.

Edit: The mouse wheel is so much better than the G5/500's ones.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just picked up this baby after having a few odd stutter/jitter issues on my old trust wireless Logitech Performance MX.

Logitech software has definately moved on from the dreadful Setpoint days and it now the G502 works in conjunction with my G510 Keyboard and its display panel (displaying DPI changes). Apparently the mouse sports one of the best custom sensors on the market from Logitech themselves - it certainly feels a great deal smoother.

At the end of the day I just had to get back to a good wired mouse and despite the odd transformer shape, it is very comfortable in use. The mousewheel will be the hardest thing to adjust to as it is wider and larger than my previous mouse.

Soldato
Anyone come from Corsair M65? My mouse wheel has started to become very sensitive and I now thinking changing back to Logitech. Last mouse I had was G500, loved it but after two years use it developed the double left click.

This mouse so far I haven't seen much bad said about it.

Associate
Anyone come from Corsair M65? My mouse wheel has started to become very sensitive and I now thinking changing back to Logitech. Last mouse I had was G500, loved it but after two years use it developed the double left click.

This mouse so far I haven't seen much bad said about it.

I came from an M65 and never going back to that.. That's just mainly for the mouse shape though, no fault of the M65 as such.

Using the proteus core atm and probably will for the next few years.

Soldato
Still enjoying using the mouse after I got it last week. The only ONE downer I can think of right now is the mousewheel hasn't a rubber surface to it so it isn't grippy but slightly slippery.

It's still performing well, though I had to kill the G light completely on the mouse as it can be quite distracting for night time gaming.

Soldato
First impressions
Very comfortable "VERY" this coming from Corsair M65
Smaller than I was expecting, this a very good thing easier for me to hold and and reach all buttons.
Firmware update on first install, can now lower brightness of LED something people was pointing out a lot.

1800dpi vs m65 feels much more smoother. "could a lot be because I bought new BuggieBug matt also to replace old one.

Associate
trying to weigh up the g700s and the g502. currently got a g500 with about half the weights in it on a smooth control mat. the feet are wearing out but other than that i've little to complain about other than the thumb buttons are a little far back for my big hands, there is only a tiny thumb rest and no pinky rest.

loving the idea of 4 thumb buttons and 3 index finger buttons of the 700s but not sure that a battery powered mouse will be the right weight. meaning it will be limited to cordless if it's not heavy enough or corded if it's too much of a lump.

the g502 looks like a more comfortable shape due to the thumb rest looking like it's big enough to rest a thumb on for a change. the g500 has almost no thumb rest and it slopes away from the mouse and buttons.

none of the above have a pinky rest.. do logitech designers like dragging their little fingers on the surface all day?

so if a g500 lover was to update, is the lure of a new sensor enough of a draw?

or is the g700s with loadsa buttons but no weight tuning, more of a feature upgrade?

Soldato
I updated from a g500 to the g502, it was quite a step up in quality and control. My bf4 accuracy immediately improved. Thoroughly recommend this mouse as an ex g5 and g500 user.

Associate
Looks like the latest LGS now enables the G light to be dimmed and also has a breathing effect, so ignore that con I mentioned previously.

rzyIEZKl.jpg

Cheers.

Will update that tonight after work.

Other New Features: -

◾Updates G502 firmware
◾Enhances lighting control for the G logo
◾Improves LED power management
◾Fixes erratic-cursor issue
◾Resolves inadvertent button-clicking issue
◾Added new game profiles: Hawken, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Blacklight: Retribution, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Battlefield 4, Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
◾New device support for G502 gaming mouse and G90 gaming mouse
◾Surface Tuning support added for G502 gaming mouse
◾Fixed backlighting issue
◾Improved device selector
◾Improved features function​

Regards

Soldato
Looking for a new mouse this and the wireless g602 are on the list. Anyone have experience with both? I predominantly play fps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom