Lost my love of gaming :(

Consoles help keep me out of a gaming rut ... I think it's a combination of the accessibility and comfort from relaxing on the sofa versus sitting at a desk. Also, on PC I find I get easily distracted by email, YouTube etc.
exactly that due to so easy to look at other stuff I never gamed

I've lost my love of gaming. The last game I completed was AC Valhalla and that took me over 18 months to complete, playing it on and off. Christmas time, I loading up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order to make a start on that but got bored and haven't touched it since. The other week I had an itch to play The Witcher 3, but after about 20 minutes I turned it off.

I've got the urge to play Fallout 4 again, but can't bring myself to downloading all the updates before playing.

Ive not lost my love of gaming but I do find it a struggle sometimes to be motivated to play anything, Ive got a few games I want to try like Still Wakes the Deep, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, I think its the hot weather that does it as well, I spend the day doing stuff outside then when I want to relax I feel even more tired, I seem to prefer watching movies of late.
Anyone else feel like this at this time of year? Also its that time of year when game releases are few and far between, so there is not much excitement for new games.

I think the weather definitely does have an impact on me as well. It feels easier to convince myself to just sit down to play games after work when its dark and cold outside. I haven't really played any games in over a month now and I'm hoping that by taking a bit of an extended break that it will bring back some of my motivation because before that I waws just starting games and then dropping them after a few hours.

Haven't turned on my consoles for at least a month now, maybe even two. Downloaded Hellblade 2 and Still Lies the Deep via gampepass with my phone yet haven't even booted up the Xbox. Been playing easy mode skirmish in C&C Generals, me v 4 bots on my work laptop as a break from working. Can clean the little noobs up in 15 to 20 minutes. Its a great little distraction.

Haven't turned on my consoles for at least a month now, maybe even two. Downloaded Hellblade 2 and Still Lies the Deep via gampepass with my phone yet haven't even booted up the Xbox. Been playing easy mode skirmish in C&C Generals, me v 4 bots on my work laptop as a break from working. Can clean the little noobs up in 15 to 20 minutes. Its a great little distraction.
Generals is an absolute classic!

I turn on my Playstation maybe once a month. I have literally about 1000 games to pick from and I just can't be arsed. I have all my favourite childhood/teenage games just sitting there and I just can't be arsed. It's depression I'm telling you. I used to be so enthusiastic playing games, now the feeling has seemingly gone. And it sucks.

What caused you guys/gals (as if there's girls here lol) to lose your enthusiasm for gaming? Maybe a break up? Depression? Just generally fed up? Please share I'd love to hear it.

What caused you guys/gals (as if there's girls here lol) to lose your enthusiasm for gaming? Maybe a break up? Depression? Just generally fed up? Please share I'd love to hear it.

getting old.

even though the games are considerably bigger and more advanced now, i used to enjoy gaming WAY more back in the days of Megadrive 2, PS2 and N64 when i was a teenager.

many of these big AAA games can also feel like a long slog and a chore to play to me now. It can feel like the playtime has been deliberately dragged out by the developers.

the only game i have actually finished the main story of recently was high on life, i started several others but stopped playing them

I haven't picked up a game in months. My son is nearly 5 so I introduced him to the Super Nintendo. Next thing I know we have been (well mostly me) playing Super Metroid for the past 4 hours.

How can a game so old feel so fresh to play! What is worse it has left me wanting more so I need to go in the attic and find my copy of Metroid Fusion and my Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP!!!

Last edited:
getting old.

even though the games are considerably bigger and more advanced now, i used to enjoy gaming WAY more back in the days of Megadrive 2, PS2 and N64 when i was a teenager.

many of these big AAA games can also feel like a long slog and a chore to play to me now. It can feel like the playtime has been deliberately dragged out by the developers.

the only game i have actually finished the main story of recently was high on life, i started several others but stopped playing them
Yeah the GameCube,PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox era was awesome. I must've completed hundreds of games. Starfox Adventures, Metroid Prime, Splinter Cell, Halo, Burnout series,All the amazing Dreamcast games, Devil May cry such a rich variety of games it was fantastic. Now everything just looks and feels the same. I'm a huge resident evil nut, and I can't even be arsed to finish resi 2 and 3 remake. I wish I could get the enthusiasm back.because I've played games since bloody pong. Maybe one day.

Yeah I tried to get into The Witcher 2 and 3 but I just couldn't be bothered. Probably because I'd just finished Dark Souls 1&2. The combat just felt off compared to DS. But the main reason is I knew I would have to invest significant time into it. Just couldn't be bothered.

For me it's because the game quality isn't really the same these days. Rushed AAA with underwhelming longevity, micro transactions and reused engines . Titles used to drive my hardware updates but my slowed refresh cycle is instructive to the quality of the games. I dont think it'll be what it once was.

The last game I was addicted to was Gears Of War 3. The multiplayer in that game is so awesome. You genuinely have to work as a team in Horde mode. And PvP was also so addictive. I would curse constantly about how I blasted that **** with a Gnasher to the face and he'd blow me away by brushing past me. I bought all of the DLC for that game because it was worth it. Nowadays........cba.

Same, I just have a PS5 now and the instant on, resume where I was, is a massive time saver. Been playing through Ghost of Tsushima slowly.

Finally completed GoT, think it took me 13 months on and off.

Not sure what to jump into next. It’s rare a game grabs me like that.

have you tried the Spiderman or Batman games, they are quite good once you get going

I played Miles Morales and did really enjoy it but I then had a big gap and struggled to get back into it. The combat was very satisfying, a bit like GoT. I never played Spiderman though, I’ve heard good things.

Not played anything properly in months now.

Think I’m done for a few years, just find most games either tedious or boring and it’s a complete waste of time if I’m getting nothing from it.

Yeah same. I've replayed a few old games in the last 2 years m but not even touched those in months.

Its definitely dead for me.

I think few main reasons are cost of hardware isn't worth it if you're a casual gamer. Everything is online now, I just like outdoor stuff more now. I don't get any pleasure from games,and it just feels a waste of time. Like I'd get annoyed I was on pc for hours.

Big one is working on a PC. Least thing I want to do is look at a screen for 3 hours after that

Back
Top Bottom