Lost my love of gaming :(

fez

fez

Caporegime
I've just found I have little time and I would rather exercise or watch a TV show. As others have said, so many games don't seem to respect your time and think more = better. Funnily enough thought I have just started playing TotK on the Switch and its got me hooked again. There is something peaceful about exploring in the most recent Zelda games. No pressure to really do anything. See something in the distance, go and check it out. Great fun.

Outside of that the only games I have really played in years have been Nintendo core games because they are usually short and fun. You can play 30 minutes and have a blast and then put it down. Everything is a few minutes section mostly.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've just found I have little time and I would rather exercise or watch a TV show. As others have said, so many games don't seem to respect your time and think more = better. Funnily enough thought I have just started playing TotK on the Switch and its got me hooked again. There is something peaceful about exploring in the most recent Zelda games. No pressure to really do anything. See something in the distance, go and check it out. Great fun.

Outside of that the only games I have really played in years have been Nintendo core games because they are usually short and fun. You can play 30 minutes and have a blast and then put it down. Everything is a few minutes section mostly.

This resonates a lot. The most enjoyable game I’ve played in quite sometime was PS5 Rachet and Clank.

Reactions: fez
Soldato
What caused you guys/gals (as if there's girls here lol) to lose your enthusiasm for gaming? Maybe a break up? Depression? Just generally fed up? Please share I'd love to hear it.
Old age. Lost my sense of wonder.

The same for TV shows and movies. I cannot do it anymore. TV went through a bit of a golden age (for me anyway) about 10 years ago, and now it just all feels very same-same.

The only thing I can do for literally hours upon hours, is reading books or hang with my family.

Think I’m up to 29 books read so far this year.

Games, I’ve tried Assassin’s Creed Mirage, Diablo and 1-2 others this year. I can’t seem to make it past the 2nd gaming session. It’s just not interesting. Been thinking about giving Warcraft a go again, just to see if the love is still there. Because, I had a massive love affair with that game back in the day.

Associate
Old age. Lost my sense of wonder.

The same for TV shows and movies. I cannot do it anymore. TV went through a bit of a golden age (for me anyway) about 10 years ago, and now it just all feels very same-same.

The only thing I can do for literally hours upon hours, is reading books or hang with my family.

Think I’m up to 29 books read so far this year.

Games, I’ve tried Assassin’s Creed Mirage, Diablo and 1-2 others this year. I can’t seem to make it past the 2nd gaming session. It’s just not interesting. Been thinking about giving Warcraft a go again, just to see if the love is still there. Because, I had a massive love affair with that game back in the day.
Have you tried watching The Boys? I've always hated TV shows but The Boys is really awesome. If you watch it with a neutral stance,(as in you don't care for right or left,or even center)and you can get past some of the frankly jaw dropping vulgarity,it is really entertaining. I'm up to S3 ep1. Give it a try bro. You never know,it might reinvigorate your passion.

Soldato
I’ll give it a go.

I’ve tried most of the ‘must see’ shows and found them to be garbage. Ted Lasso to be the latest. Think I did 3 episodes before giving up. So predictable it’s painful.

Happy to admit that the problem is me, I just seem to need something deeper and more meaningful.

Been meaning to play through TLOU P2 again. That’s the last game I remember finishing.

Associate
The Boys is great because it shows just how hypocritical these so called celebrities are behind closed doors. And William Butcher is just fantastic lol. I love Karl Urbans acting, he's really funny, whilst being utterly serious. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Back
Top Bottom