Lost my love of gaming :(

The other night out of boredom I pulled out my old 360, and stuck in halo 3.

First 40 mins were fine, then I had a familiar feeling I used to get back in the 90's trying to play Wolfenstein on the snes, starting to feel warm followed by slightly woozy. I've not had that feeling since around 1995, damn low fov. :mad:

I find I can never get into any PS5 games, but the PC I'm still gets my interest. Is it the casual format of a sofa and a PS5 which doesn't work, I honestly don't know..

Exactly the same boat. Occasional warzone for couple of hours with mates but thats it, no excitement about a single release lately. Tell a lie, i got excites playing zelda tears, lasted for a month (1-2 hours early morning) and again, couldnt finish it, nothing will reignite the old flame

Exactly the same boat. Occasional warzone for couple of hours with mates but thats it, no excitement about a single release lately. Tell a lie, i got excites playing zelda tears, lasted for a month (1-2 hours early morning) and again, couldnt finish it, nothing will reignite the old flame
I finished Tears but it was a slog near the end, you do get your money's worth mind!

I've kind of reached the stage where I only buy half a dozen games a year on PS5/Switch. Mainly just the main Nintendo franchises like Mario/Zelda/Metroid and the occassional top tier/rated PS5 game like Baldurs Gate, Cyberpunk 2077, Elden Ring, Street Fighter 6, etc.

Very little seems to hold my attention these days or give me the urge to keep playing even with big name titles like those. Most I've only played for a few hours!

Last edited:
I've kind of reached the stage where I only buy half a dozen games a year on PS5/Switch. Mainly just the main Nintendo franchises like Mario/Zelda/Metroid and the occassional top tier/rated PS5 game like Baldurs Gate, Cyberpunk 2077, Elden Ring, Street Fighter 6, etc.

Very little seems to hold my attention these days or give me the urge to keep playing even with big name titles like those. Most I've only played for a few hours!

Age factors into it, as I said on the last page you get to a point where you've seen it and done it and it takes a lot to get your interest going again.

The other night out of boredom I pulled out my old 360, and stuck in halo 3.

First 40 mins were fine, then I had a familiar feeling I used to get back in the 90's trying to play Wolfenstein on the snes, starting to feel warm followed by slightly woozy. I've not had that feeling since around 1995, damn low fov. :mad:

Try the Master Chief Collection, H3 is probably only a few quid on PC, and has FOV adjustment.

I'm back into gaming again, and it's really helped me fill a void of boredom, which has generally increased my motivation with other things too. I'm only playing through some Mega Drive and PS1 games atm, only for short periods, but i look forward to it. Smash TV, Zombies Ate My Neighbours, Crash Bandicoots, Tekken 3, Medievil (not aged well), etc.

I still can't see myself buying any AAA titles still, they're just meh. I'm hoping to dive hard into Stalker 2 come winter though.

Back
Top Bottom