• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
OcUK Staff
So just spec my car, V6 first edition manual. Sports suspension / drivers pack.

I was gonna go green but the green seems incredibly dark, so have reverted to blue, yellow calipers, black/yellow suede interior, tracker, homelink, michelin tyres. Total price 77k !

Seems a bargain?

Anyone got any feedback on the touring vs sports suspension, I am going to assume the sports will be more desirable and still be an acceptable ride on British roads?

Really need to see a photo of the green or one in flesh, if its green as per configurator thats colour I want, but the one Jenson drove looked like a grey/green which was not nice.

Last edited:
Soldato

I was gonna go green but the green seems incredibly dark, so have reverted to blue, yellow calipers, black/yellow suede interior, tracker, homelink, michelin tyres. Total price 77k !

Seems a bargain?

Anyone got any feedback on the touring vs sports suspension, I am going to assume the sports will be more desirable and still be an acceptable ride on British roads?

Gavin Kershaw has said that Touring will suit the majority of people for everyday road use and the occasional track day.

£75,995 is probably a fair price for the V6 FE but about £10k too rich for my blood so unless the i4 is significantly cheaper it look like I'll be waiting until 2023.

Man of Honour

Seems a bargain?

Really need to see a photo of the green or one in flesh, if its green as per configurator thats colour I want, but the one Jenson drove looked like a grey/green which was not nice.
Decent price and Lotus suspension is a black art. They are the masters of damping.

OcUK Staff
Gavin Kershaw has said that Touring will suit the majority of people for everyday road use and the occasional track day.

£75,995 is probably a fair price for the V6 FE but about £10k too rich for my blood so unless the i4 is significantly cheaper it look like I'll be waiting until 2023.

I've not spoke to the dealer yet, just used the website, will have to discuss the suspension options and what if any other changes it incorporates between the packages.

I added the tracker, homelink options, simply because they are cheap for what your getting and could be handy or aid in re-sale purposes at a later date.

Just need to see a green car ideally now, otherwise think I am going to go blue.

Soldato

Are you talking about the one he drove at the launch? There wasn’t a green car there, just the grey and the blue.

OcUK Staff
Are you talking about the one he drove at the launch? There wasn’t a green car there, just the grey and the blue.

He drove one in US/Australia and from some angles it had hints of green but looked grey, hence my confusion,
Really need to see one in flesh as I was set on the green if it looks as per configurator, otherwise play it safe and go with blue which is a nice blue anyway, yellow is dismissed due to keeping 458 which is yellow anyway.

I am also making no commitment to buy as the car is basically a tweaked Evora 400 which though a great was never a car I'd personally buy so ideally I need to drive one or at least see some reviews as the Evora always had the issue are not feeling particular fast so just need to see.

Soldato
I wouldn't pick the harder suspension for road use. The standard setup from Lotus is really good on the road. My Elise rides better than the hot hatches I've owned (and Audis, who suck at damping lol) on the stock Bilsteins. It's quite soft but super planted and never unsettled.

The green looks a bit matt in the images for some reason, but it isn't like that. Not sure about a black roof though, seems like a fashion thing which people might not want in future.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I wouldn't pick the harder suspension for road use. The standard setup from Lotus is really good on the road. My Elise rides better than the hot hatches I've owned (and Audis, who suck at damping lol) on the stock Bilsteins. It's quite soft but super planted and never unsettled.
Agreed. Think it will be a better road car and still really track capable, though I await to see how weight impacts this car as this is a new approach for Lotus at this weight.

OcUK Staff

The green looks a bit matt in the images for some reason, but it isn't like that. Not sure about a black roof though, seems like a fashion thing which people might not want in future.

I’m not doing black pack as £1200 is a lot of money for something you can’t reverse whereas you could wrap the roof black for £300 and it’s easily reversed is my thinking.

If the green is not too dark and is metallic it will no doubt be my choice, otherwise blue.

Agreed. Think it will be a better road car and still really track capable, though I await to see how weight impacts this car as this is a new approach for Lotus at this weight.

Hopefully it’s around 1300kg dry, rumours are Lotus quoted weights are with fluids and also a 75kg driver so if that comes out at 1400kg it’s more like a 1300kg car which is damn good and 400HP should feel not to bad, time will tell.

Compared to an Evora 410 which are 90-100k these seem great value at 75-78k.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
~300bhp/tonne is going to feel quick by almost all standards, especially with the Lotus cornering magic thrown in. My MX-5 was ~240bhp/tonne with short gearing and that felt totally ballistic. M5 was just under 300/tonne and was no slouch either...

Soldato
It won't be quite as punchy at low speeds as the proper light weight Lotuses I don't think. You get more than just hp/ton from being light, without much momentum they are off the second you touch the throttle which is kinda hillarious.

But this thing will fly once it gets going and you can pull a good amount of Gs in corners with the Lotuses, even on road tyres :D

This guy did a review of the Exige a while back. Yea it's much more raw, but same engine and I think the weight isn't that far off Emira for the normal spec (this one is way lighter lol):

Last edited:
Soldato
Hopefully it’s around 1300kg dry, rumours are Lotus quoted weights are with fluids and also a 75kg driver so if that comes out at 1400kg it’s more like a 1300kg car which is damn good and 400HP should feel not to bad, time will tell.

Not bad for a car in this class, I don't think.
But I never understand why anyone is interested in dry weights. Surely the only reason most people talk about the weight of a car is to judge it's performance and how well a car drives? A car with no engine oil, coolant or hydraulic fluid wont be driving at all (or at least, not for long enough for it to matter). I'm sure I remember reading that some manufacturers quote dry weights quite often.

Back
Top Bottom