• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Lotus have added Roadshow dates for Hethel for Thursday, Friday, Saturday this week. Annoyingly, they will only offer the blue model car and not a production car, the car in the photo is off to the US this week.

OcUK Staff
Test driving cars at Lotus is a bad idea as now I own this:

C6783160-490F-492F-A0B2-5C6F0619EE8F.jpeg 62CD89C7-E538-436A-9A18-1B2258902DD2.jpeg

Seeing Emira this Thursday at Manchester and I locked in my spec some weeks ago but they have said if I wish to change back to green that be fine.

Soldato

Seeing Emira this Thursday at Manchester and I locked in my spec some weeks ago but they have said if I wish to change back to green that be fine.

Massively recommend Lotus-On-Track as a TDO if/when you want to do some.
https://www.lotus-on-track.com/lotshop/

Very good prices, always good drivers & cars with proper track manners. They're so friendly they let my poxy Italian go kart in.

OcUK Staff
Massively recommend Lotus-On-Track as a TDO if/when you want to do some.
https://www.lotus-on-track.com/lotshop/

Very good prices, always good drivers & cars with proper track manners. They're so friendly they let my poxy Italian go kart in.

I am at Donnington 3rd December, GP layout.
Might also book the Javalin day on November 27th, just thinking about it as Javalin days tend to be rammed especially when its like only £150 for full day open pit lane.

Soldato
I am at Donnington 3rd December, GP layout.
Might also book the Javalin day on November 27th, just thinking about it as Javalin days tend to be rammed especially when its like only £150 for full day open pit lane.
My experience of Javelin at Donington is red flag, red flag, oil, oil, red flag etc. Never again. Only managed like 50 mins on track all day.

OcUK Staff
My experience of Javelin at Donington is red flag, red flag, oil, oil, red flag etc. Never again. Only managed like 50 mins on track all day.

Yep similar experience myself, hence been wary, will monitor it and if it appears to not sell out could be worth it.

Soldato

C6783160-490F-492F-A0B2-5C6F0619EE8F.jpeg 62CD89C7-E538-436A-9A18-1B2258902DD2.jpeg

Now that is awesome!!

In fact, I think that is the best in your collection... including the Ferrari. Love it....proper beast.

OcUK Staff
If I put a deposit down on an Emira this evening, realistically when am I likely to get it delivered?

So hard to say as no one knows Lotus true manufacturing capacity per year and how they will allocate that they worldwide markets.

Rumours are the first U.K. cars will be around May next year and they supposedly have around 3500 2k deposits from U.K. customers at least, no confirmation on how many customers have coughed up the additional 3k and spec their cars but deadline for that is November 5th.

I guess you could chance your luck, put in a 2k deposit now and see if Lotus contact you for another 3k before November 5th which in theory might mean you get a V6 FE late next year or sometime in 2023, if you want the AMG it’s fair to say you’ll be waiting until end of 2023 now and maybe into 2024.

I think once USA, EU and other regions open up Lotus will struggle to cope and meet all orders potentially if reviews come out positive which I think they will as it’s clearly going to be rather special and visually it looks like a 100k plus car so demand will be strong especially those just buying for looks can wait for the base AMG which is £59,950 plus OTR and options.

Soldato
In the past there have been long waits for new models for the people who didn't get in early.

I suppose with the new factory things will be much quicker though. They are still all hand built so it not like they run one off every minute.

OcUK Staff
Nice Exige Gibbo, I didn't think I'd see you in a Lotus quite so soon!

Neither did I myself. :D

Had it out yesterday, the Cup 2's do certainly struggle in this colder damp weather, though seem to really turn on with a bit of heat in them, kind of good anyway as it means even at low speeds it kind of feels a bit scary, its proven remarkedly comfortable once past the getting in and out phase. :D

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I don't think I posted this up, but this was my final configuration when I paid the addition £3000 deposit, £5000 in total now:

Emira_Final.JPG

My understanding is the next stage is Lotus will request a third and final deposit, I suspect probably an additional £3000-5000 with the rest owing upon delivery.

As its been discovered the colours on FE cars are actually all Volvo colours, the dark verdant is unfortunately too dark and appears black in the shade, which is a shame. So I've gone with:
Blue, silver wheels, yellow calipers.
Sports chassis with Goodyear tyres.
Black/Yellow stitched alcantara interior with leather steering wheel.
Deleted privacy glass, I am not a fan of tinted glass.
Tracker.

I expect another £2500ish on top for road tax, delivery and number plates so around £79,000 in total.
I am 31st in the queue at my dealership, both Lotus and my dealership seem to think I will be in the first wave of cars delivered which they are saying May/June, but many people online feel that is a pipe dream with current shortages, so we shall see.

Also this specify stage is not locked in, Lotus are gathering data on the most popular specification, as such they may not be able to deliver a car in my exact specification, because maybe due to demand they will build a different configuration first and give me the option of getting one of those or waiting for my exact specification, so we shall see.

Off to see the blue show car tomorrow at the Concorde Centre, also got a track event at Oulton Park tomorrow with Every Man Racing, something the Mrs got me for Christmas, cannot remember the cars exactly but think I am on track in a GT3, 570S, V12 Vantage and Atom.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

FB member in USA sent me some incredible photos he took of the Emira out there, this is a production car, so it is exactly what we would get:

Emira1.jpg Emira2.jpg Emira3.jpg EM4.jpg EM5.jpg EM6.jpg EM7.jpg EM8.jpg EM9.jpg EM10.jpg

It looks amazing !

Back
Top Bottom