• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
OcUK Staff

Thank you!

Really hoping that is a production car as the stance and ride height look spot on to me.
Also great that the yellow calipers match the Lotus badge well.

Interior looks a lot better than the UK show car doing the rounds and the Chinese car certainly sits a bit higher to the point it looks spot on. Also it seems China gets a 400PS version of the 2.0l unless they have made an error, but maybe China does not get the V6, not sure. Might ask my cousins wife to watch the videos and translate as she is Chinese. :D

Soldato
Also it seems China gets a 400PS version of the 2.0l unless they have made an error, but maybe China does not get the V6

My understanding based on some of the translations is no V6 for the Chinese market.

My guess, based on nothing more than speculation and supposition is that the base i4 will be 360bhp with a performance pack as an option to take it to 400bhp, FE cars will all be 400bhp as they have all the packs. Equally likely is that someone at the launch event in China said they had heard the China cars would be 400bhp and/or something got lost in translation, it makes it to the internet and becomes "fact" :D

OcUK Staff
It will easily tune to 400hp.

Absolutely I'd suspect tuners on the 2.0 AMG will be in line of:
Stage 1: 430HP (£1000) - Remap only
Stage 2: 460HP (£3000) - High flow cats, high flow intake
Stage 3: 500HP (£6500) - Hardware changes, maybe turbo, maybe de-cats.

The AMG unit for sure will have better tuning potential, a faster gearbox and around 30kg lighter, it will be the ultimate in performance for those only interested in performance and numbers, will also be the faster track car again for those seeking lap times.

I will be happier with the slower V6, further slowed down by a human changing gear, but it will be glorious to drive and listen to and will no doubt have a 430HP remap option (£1800) and an EX475 power kit option at around £5500 and those with deep pockets can do the EX500 kit for around 10-12k.

It will be more interesting when a road GT4 variant becomes available and how much weight Lotus strip out and how much power they give it and if they still run with both engines or just focus on the AMG unit.

Soldato
it will be the ultimate in performance for those only interested in performance and numbers, will also be the faster track car again for those seeking lap times.

and those of us who can't justify/afford the price of the V6 ;)

It's clear that the AMG will tune, after all the engine has 415bhp in the A45s, but having a factory option that is covered by the warranty is preferable for someone more risk adverse like me.

OcUK Staff
and those of us who can't justify/afford the price of the V6 ;)

It's clear that the AMG will tune, after all the engine has 415bhp in the A45s, but having a factory option that is covered by the warranty is preferable for someone more risk adverse like me.

Lotus would be daft to not offer a "Performance Pack" option at build stage and maybe also as a later add on for people with the cars, they could easily charge quite a lot for said option further increasing profit margins which will of course be important if they are to survive and do well long term.

Soldato
Getting bored waiting for the Emira. It's coming though. 911 sold. 6-7 months now to wait. What to get / or just be patient?

Still have the M4, Porsche Cayenne and a banger old Merc, so don't 'need' something - autotrader is proving dangerous though. I keep looking at Evora's (damn you Gibbo!) but also random old M cars. Argh.

Man of Honour
I think we have all become blinded by horsepower. Wait and see how it goes as standard first would be my advice. I’m sure they will feel quick enough. My GT3 was 381bhp and circa 1400kgs and that never made me want more power.

OcUK Staff
My dealer offer me one of these today:
https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/fro...ack-lotus-reveals-emira-gt4-race-car-concept/

£160,000 +VAT !

Asked if it can come with number plates. :D

Anyone buying one?

Cannot wait for the road legal variant to come, really hoping Lotus stick with the AP/Alcon for the brakes, Ohlins for coilovers but give the road going variant at least 430HP V6 manual and aim for 90-100kg weight reduction, that will be the one I buy on the basis its not 200k, lol.

Soldato
They have been using AP brakes for a long time. They are Lotus branded but are AP. Even my S2 Elise has them as standard. Cant see them changing soon.

You can mash them all day and they dont fade. Its one thing you dont need to upgrade for track :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
They have been using AP brakes for a long time. They are Lotus branded but are AP. Even my S2 Elise has them as standard. Cant see them changing soon.

You can mash them all day and they dont fade. Its one thing you dont need to upgrade for track :)

Yep the brakes on the Exige are insane, Lotus did confirm the brakes on the Emira are AP so the incredible braking ability and feel will remain, its all shaping up to be potentially the best drivers car on sale the reminder of ICE cars, it certainly has more to offer than any supercar as long as your not too focused on performance, but with hydraulic steering, manual gearbox, AP brakes, great soundtrack (V6) all the things that matter in a sports car Lotus have kept true and they will no doubt be absolutely brilliant.

I love the Exige but at times the lack of power steering makes its hard work on the road, but at same time it is such an epic drive.

Soldato
https://www.lotuscars.com.cn/carConfig

Run it in translation mode on your favourite browser.

engine model M139
Air intake (air intake mode) Turbocharged (single turbo twin vortex tube)
Displacement (cc) 1991
Maximum speed (rpm) 7200
Maximum power (hp) 400
Maximum torque (Nm) 480
Maximum speed (km/h) ~290
0-100km/h Acceleration (S) <4.3
under pressure 55kg (200km/h)
Recommended fuel No. 98 unleaded gasoline
Fuel tank capacity (L) 60
gearbox 8-speed dual clutch gearbox

OcUK Staff
https://www.lotuscars.com.cn/carConfig

Run it in translation mode on your favourite browser.

engine model M139
Air intake (air intake mode) Turbocharged (single turbo twin vortex tube)
Displacement (cc) 1991
Maximum speed (rpm) 7200
Maximum power (hp) 400
Maximum torque (Nm) 480
Maximum speed (km/h) ~290
0-100km/h Acceleration (S) <4.3
under pressure 55kg (200km/h)
Recommended fuel No. 98 unleaded gasoline
Fuel tank capacity (L) 60
gearbox 8-speed dual clutch gearbox

Rapid little car, a simple remap will no doubt see the AMG versions doing the 0-60 sprint around 3.5s, so smack bang into supercar territory with supercar looks for 60k if buying a base car plus cost of remap.

Soldato
Hmm they are using an alloy subframe for the AMG engine. That is another plus for that. The steel one has been a weak point for corrosion.

OcUK Staff
Hmm they are using an alloy subframe for the AMG engine. That is another plus for that. The steel one has been a weak point for corrosion.

When I spoke with Scott he said to expect the AMG car to be around 30kg or so lighter than the V6 car, as engine as lighter, frame weighs less, but unfortunately the 8 speed DCT gearbox is quite a bit heavier. Think they are aiming for around 1425kg for the AMG FE car and base cars with some lighter seats and lighter stereo should be under 1400kg. :)

Soldato
Ive ordered an Ariel Nomad, 2yr+ waiting but starting to think the Emira might be an option (as the mind wanders, im sure many of you will know)

Likely the amg powered version, but starting to have thoughts. Very different options (dont start me on the other options), but feels like it might be a viable alternative.

I was also considering the Cayman GTS, although even getting to spend any time in a standard model is proving impossible. Ive never had a Porsche, nor really been too drawn in by them, but the 4.0 appeals.

Soldato
Got a call and email from Lotus on Monday, all good news....

Spec now 'locked in' and build slot confirmed for late May. Spec can be altered, however build slot would be impacted. That gives me one of the first Emira's if it's late May (since the actual first are meant to be the first week of May) which is pretty cool.

In January, I'll be able to login to the Lotus portal and see my spec / price / finance options and confirm what I want to do, including delivery / dealer / Hethel pickup.

Exiting times.

Back
Top Bottom