• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

<<<=====LOWEST PRICE IN THE UK - MSI ATI HD 5850 Twin FrozR Graphics Card ONLY £124.99 Delivered!!==

Associate
I might be mistaken, but I`m not. A month or two ago, someone on this forum suggested that the price of 5850/70s would fall after the release of ATI's new cards. Someone from OCUK replied that the prices wouldn`t fall, due to limited stock and demand from those who might wish to crossfire their existing cards.

Just goes to prove that you should never take a salesman's words for granted.

Associate
I've bought 2 of these to crossfire but have now read on another forum that crossfire 6850's would be faster for not that much more money. Is this correct?

OcUK Staff
OP
Just under 200 units sold now. :D

300 left to go, will they all be sold before they even come into stock, now thats the question? :)

If they do sell out before we even get stock then a big well done to all those who have pre-ordered one. :)

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Just under 200 units sold now. :D

300 left to go, will they all be sold before they even come into stock, now thats the question? :)

If they do sell out before we even get stock then a big well done to all those who have pre-ordered one. :)

Music to my earholes. I was getting worried about stock but it seems I'll be able to get mine if ordered on Tuesday.

Gibbo, if I order this card, an i5 760, motherboard, and RAM, will I get the other stuff sent out first but the 5850 sent out when it comes into stock?. The reason is that I'm selling the guts of my PC to my friends and keeping my case, hard drives and PSU. So the quicker I get the PC parts, the better.

If you can let me know that would be appreciated. If you think making two orders would be better then I'll do just that.

Soldato
Thing which is putting me off is no CUDA... I really want my new rig to focus a lot on video / image editing.

Hmmm... how much faster are they than say a 460 1GB?

Associate
Music to my earholes. I was getting worried about stock but it seems I'll be able to get mine if ordered on Tuesday.

Gibbo, if I order this card, an i5 760, motherboard, and RAM, will I get the other stuff sent out first but the 5850 sent out when it comes into stock?. The reason is that I'm selling the guts of my PC to my friends and keeping my case, hard drives and PSU. So the quicker I get the PC parts, the better.

If you can let me know that would be appreciated. If you think making two orders would be better then I'll do just that.

Put two orders in 1 for bits and an other for the GFX cards. You qualify for free postage as a forum member.

Permabanned
I bought one these puppy's just over a month ago for £169.99... compared to all the prices then still worth it as the other 5850's were near £200, and it was on offer then.

For all those ^ up there, got mine upto 930core and 1300memory no probs. Couldn't get the core on mine any further even with max voltage (1.3v) and the memory on stock! Although didn't like the idea of 1.3volts so have it running at 900core @1.2v and 1250memory, which is actually faster than 1300memory, due to error correcting I believe!

Associate
I'm crazy, didnt even know I needed a new card till I saw this offer. Couldnt decide which I wanted, this or the 6950 that was on offer yesterday, so I panicked and bought one of each, so that I can have a bit more time to mull over the decision :)

Anyways, looking forward to seeing how much of an improvement one of these will be over my GTX 260, which hasnt really missed a beat or looked like it needed replacing, it has to be said :p

Back
Top Bottom