LTT called out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Lol tell us all again how you have no idea how a business and different industries operate.
Not to mention, you believe a CEO should know all that occurs within their business, departments and employees?
Social justice warriors from X here people, nothing to see.
The know EAXCTLY what "tone" each department is giving out, they can easily know what is going on there, not on each individual, but I have been in meetings where proper functioning owners know soemthings up and adress it.
I have worked in video channels and YHoutube Docus etc and fast turnarounds in many studios in NI. SO what "other industry are YOU talking about that has nothing to do with this?

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Yea....got a feeling this is only the start of things to be honest.
Thinking about it..110 and only about 11 females employed...kinda telling.
Also..only 100 people...so Linus et all would have known exactly what kind of thing was going on.
Sure ths ratios aren't great, but look at the industry they are in. I wonder what the male to female ratio is in this sub? Linus often says he doesn't know everyone who works in his office, over 100 people is quite a lot.

Soldato
Do you also confront construction site managers that there's a lack of women working on site also?

I remember a few years back working for a large company based in Bath, the owner, a women often said she'd rather have a team of only men working for her as women bring too much drama.
No..taht would be stupid....but then I dont think LTT is a consturction company are they?

Associate
I work in the video editing social media advertising etc....its mostly females that is now working in a lot of the creative deparments both in day to day work and partnership ownership.
So because YOU dont have that experiance donest mean Im making mine up.
"the company I work for, runs like this. I look at LMG and dont see this, therefore it is telling they have problems"

Thats what you really mean and its hilarious.
The know EAXCTLY what "tone" each department is giving out, they can easily know what is going on there, not on each individual, but I have been in meetings where proper functioning owners know soemthings up and adress it.
I have worked in video channels and YHoutube Docus etc and fast turnarounds in many studios in NI. SO what "other industry are YOU talking about that has nothing to do with this?
Also..only 100 people...so Linus et all would have known exactly what kind of thing was going on.
Maybe should read your own reply, as that is not what you said.

Soldato
"the company I work for, runs like this. I look at LMG and dont see this, therefore it is telling they have problems"

Thats what you really mean and its hilarious.

Maybe should read your own reply, as that is not what you said.
Sorry I can't make out what point you are trying to make here.

Soldato
Well duh, no they are a social media company, that focuses on a subject/industry that is largely male dominated, making content that is largely male focused, aimed at a male audience.
Which in my experiance..has as many women working in it, the subject doesnt matter as many are not presenting, simple creatives working on projects.

Soldato
didn't know about the ad blockers piracy moan

Yup, so his terrible take was using Ad Blockers is akin to piracy. The reason he was winging is because it meant it also blocked ads on YouTube which means he doesn't make money from those that do. Consider how low the % of people that use ad blockers he was basically winning about not getting every single penny from everyone. It was ****ish behaviour that first made me realise what kind of person he was.

Associate
Sorry I can't make out what point you are trying to make here.
I cant help you if you cannot follow.
apologies if you feel I got your job and industry wrong, but again just because you work within a similar environment, does not mean company processes have to or will be the same.
You are the one who said in a company of 100+ the CEO should be aware of everything going on in and out of his business, which is just silly.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Yup, so his terrible take was using Ad Blockers is akin to piracy. The reason he was winging is because it meant it also blocked ads on YouTube which means he doesn't make money from those that do. Consider how low the % of people that use ad blockers he was basically winning about not getting every single penny from everyone. It was ****ish behaviour that first made me realise what kind of person he was.
I mean not that surprising that someone who makes a fair chunk of money from Youtube adverts is not happy about people blocking said adverts.

Soldato
(1)I cant help you if you cannot follow.
(2) apologies if you feel I got your job and industry wrong
, but again just because you work within a similar environment, does not mean company processes have to or will be the same.
You are the one who said in a company of 100+ the CEO should be aware of everything going on in and out of his business, which is just silly.
I cant' work out the way you did the qoutes, no need to do the usual talk down thing, I honestly couldn't see your point, (1)quality managment quality by the way.
(2)...could work for LInusus PR with that kinda thinking lol.
I have worked at one point (albeit short) a company that had over 500 peoeple on one building in advertising etc....him and a couple of other Higher Ups knew what was going on in each depart ment, why?..Cause they had goo conversation with line managers and poeple on the floor, its REALLY not that hard. I dont think I said he knows each one personally, but a simple headup from each department head can see where theirs issues or tensions.

Last edited:
Soldato
I mean not that surprising that someone who makes a fair chunk of money from Youtube adverts is not happy about people blocking said adverts.
I think he ran some stats and it was negligible frankly. And calling it Piracy was the bit that got people riled up, and it's understandable why

Soldato
What a terrible recanting of the issue.

He said ad block was piracy. And said that the reason is because there is an implied (or explicit) agreement between the person consuming the content and the creator of said content/website. I don’t remember him saying he didn’t like ad block because it deprived him of ad money.

If he was so against ad block and wanted every little penny he wouldn’t have videos on his channel telling people how to block ads.

Last edited:
Soldato
What a terrible recanting of the issue.

He said ad block was piracy. And said that the reason is because there is an implied (or explicit) agreement between the person consuming the content and the creator of said content/website. I don’t remember him saying he didn’t like ad block because it deprived him of ad money.

If he was so against ad block and wanted every little penny he wouldn’t have videos on his channel telling people how to block ads.

There you go again, complete and utter lack of critical thinking once again. Or even basic deductive reasoning! You really don't have any ability to read between the lines don't you?

Of course he doesn't like ad blocks because it does deprive him of ad money, if it wasn't an issue for him then he wouldn't have brought it up! Jesus, if everyone thought as you did we would have any detectives in the police force!

Soldato
There you go again, complete and utter lack of critical thinking once again. Or even basic deductive reasoning! You really don't have any ability to read between the lines don't you?

Of course he doesn't like ad blocks because it does deprive him of ad money, if it wasn't an issue for him then he wouldn't have brought it up! Jesus, if everyone thought as you did we would have any detectives in the police force!
So why has he made a number of videos on ad blockers and how to install and use them?

There was also a lot of broader context in the segment, particularly for the likes of written articles and the money those sites need to survive. His wider point is not to say you shouldn’t do it but to be aware of what you are actually doing and making your choice accordingly.

The argument that it is a form of privacy is not fundamentally wrong. I don’t disagree with his take, I still use an ad blocker and I’m well aware of the impact it has on the ‘free’ internet.

Last edited:
Soldato
So why has he made a number of videos on ad blockers and how to install and use them?
Because he'll shill for every penny.

Don't you question why he did those videos then turn around and call everyone who uses them pirates? Why are you not thinking why Linus is two-face about this?

Soldato
I work in the video editing social media advertising etc....its mostly females that is now working in a lot of the creative deparments both in day to day work and partnership ownership.
So because YOU dont have that experiance donest mean Im making mine up.
I am not the one taking the ratio and personal experience to suggest that as a negative connotation and clear reason there must be sexual harassment. I would in Architecture/Structural Engineering.

My brother works for a B2B media company though and is MD there and they have 2 females in the company of almost 150 people to date. So are you going to suggest they are also thus going to have sexual harassment based on a % of female employees there?

You are literally making up a suggestion based on your experience of a ratio % of gender in the workplace to criticise someone else as it must be awful and negative because they don't have a higher %. Well done for proving my point.

Soldato

From memory he never told people not to use Adblock. His point was to call a spade a spade.

There you go again with your mystical sign reading ability. Go play you with healing crystals.

Soldato
Because he'll shill for every penny.

Don't you question why he did those videos then turn around and call everyone who uses them pirates? Why are you not thinking why Linus is two-face about this?
Because his take is not fundamentally wrong and he never said not to use one and has actually encouraged people to use one in videos.

If you use an ad blocker, you consume the content but don’t pay the price of entry.

That’s not fundamentally different to downloading a film from torrents or newsgroups etc. you consume the content without paying the price of entry, be that a one off rental or a streaming subscription or a blue ray.

I ninja edited my post above to make it clear, I use an ad blocker, I’m well aware of what I’m doing and the impact it has on those that rely on ads to make their business work, it’s my choice ultimately, it doesn’t make it not akin to piracy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom