LTT called out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He might not have been prostrating himself like some on the internet want, but he apologised.
Yes but when he first had the opportunity to apologise he didn't take it and doubled down; choosing instead to go on an attack vector stating that he didn't sell the block in question but auctioned it for charity, as if that makes it ok. Also criticising GN for poor journalism because they didn't come to (warn) him first.

Whatever apology Linus gave after that unfortunately is going to be seen as insincere and merely an exercise in damage limitation.

Last edited:
Associate
It is an entertainment show with characters, much like Top Gear. GamersNexus et al. just take themselves too seriously.
Always saw LTT has this and this only. Once I saw the video about them buying a Red camera, along with all the accessories for some eyes watering 6 figure number years back I realised they sort of changed when spending silly money wasn't an issue.

Also GN, could never get into it, his voice and constant hair touching, just found it all annoying. Abit dry.

Basically Top Gear vs 5th Gear of old, different programs for different audiences, end of.

Soldato
That video alone shows the serious issues LMG has

The fact that Linus and Yvonne are also the HR managers, and the fact that Linus's/HR's policy is that if someone has done something to you, you should go talk to that person and sort it out before you bother HR and HR will just tell you to sort it yourself anyway

So if if you are being bullied at work it's your responsibility to sort it out yourself with the bully according to Linus. And if you do complain to Linus, there is the potential conflict of interest because he is also your boss and also the boss and friend of the person you claim is a bully, which is going to put older staff and friends of Linus is a strong position of power over other employees

Yup, trying to speak to the bully that's bullying you? That's a huge red flag. That's not normal

Soldato
The guys human, with a lot of weight on his shoulders. LTT as a business messed up, Linus messed up in his first response (I have to say I kind of understand as he took it personally and responded emotionally)

They’ve officially apologised pretty well, and have promised to do better.

Honestly I despair a bit at humanity watching the fall out on this from people. So much hate, happiness at watching someone else fail / stumble, wishing for the entire business to crumble etc I don’t know why or if it has always been like this, but i don’t remember people being so spiteful. The sheer glee at someone else’s misfortune is more indicative of the rotten people celebrating than the person in question in my opinion.

That’s my take anyway.

I don’t even particularly like watching Linus, his mannerisms annoy me, probably a bit of fatigue on my part. Much prefer Riley and the other dude with him, the big Linux dude and the server guy are good.

Last edited:
Associate
You can't form a valid opinion if you do not know the full story of what's been on display.

Sorry but your opinion is worthless
I posted a general impression based on what i had seen. Your ‘you can’t have an opinion unless you abide by the arbitrary rule i just made up’ is a pathetic attempt to gatekeep/bully others.

Your responses speak volumes about you as a person. In future perhaps just ignore folk whose opinion you deem worthless, it might help improve your general disposition.

Last edited:
Soldato
Linus wear his heart on his sleeve and he has ADHD. if you thiink hes going to stop speaking before he thinks, you dont know Linus. He said as much in the last video - Luke's failed to stop linus from 'driving off a cliff a number of times' and it's going to happen again in the future.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m not sure what’s problematic with that ‘secret’ video. Pretty much everything that’s said is reasonable.

If you have a problem with someone the first port of call is always to try and resolve it yourself. It might just be a misunderstanding and involving managers in every last tit for tat issue may be disproportionate. Obviously is it’s a serious allegation of wrongdoing, skip step 1.

If you can’t solve it yourself, speak to their or your manager, if you can’t speak to that person (because they may be the person you have the issue with) speak to someone higher or HR.

That’s pretty much the procedure at every work place I have worked ever and almost certainly had similar conversations with managers at every workplace ever fairly regularly. It’s the sort of reminder that helpful as a reminder every now and then to make sure everyone knows how to resolve problems, particularly as people come and go in the workplace.

Last edited:
Soldato
Always saw LTT has this and this only. Once I saw the video about them buying a Red camera, along with all the accessories for some eyes watering 6 figure number years back I realised they sort of changed when spending silly money wasn't an issue.

Also GN, could never get into it, his voice and constant hair touching, just found it all annoying. Abit dry.

Basically Top Gear vs 5th Gear of old, different programs for different audiences, end of.
Then you've missed the point and it seems you probably haven't watched the whole GN video or follow up.

It is perfectly fine for LTT/LMG to become the "Top Gear" of tech channels and have entertainment as their driving force but there is still an obligation for factual reporting, transparency and accuracy.

There is never a valid excuse to forskake those principles in search of $ and clicks.

Soldato
So if if you are being bullied at work it's your responsibility to sort it out yourself with the bully according to Linus. And if you do complain to Linus, there is the potential conflict of interest because he is also your boss and also the boss and friend of the person you claim is a bully, which is going to put older staff and friends of Linus is a strong position of power over other employees

This is why I dont see anyone who still works there to come forwards as they'll be balancing what they need financially vs the abuse they get, and how much they stand to lose if they come forward.

Soldato
It makes me incredibly sad, but unsurprised that there appears to be more discussion about a hunk of metal that LTT was originally allowed to keep than there is about the place being full of sexist, bullying and toxic staff who haven't been held to account for making someone's life such a misery they resorted to cutting themselves so they could finally get a break.

Yeah I'm not surprised 95% of people just completely ignored it. Her account on Twitter seems to fit with the general arrogance of the clips of Linus around the Billet **** up. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if every word was true and I'm sure she knew if she lied they would haul her arse into court for defamation.

Soldato
That video alone shows the serious issues LMG has

The fact that Linus and Yvonne are also the HR managers, and the fact that Linus's/HR's policy is that if someone has done something to you, you should go talk to that person and sort it out before you bother HR and HR will just tell you to sort it yourself anyway

Our workplace policy is pretty similar. If you have a grievance of some sort talk to your manager, if they can't deal with it then go to the company partner, if they can't or your don't want to go to either of them talk to the HR team. I haven't worked out any place where that is different either. That doesn't stop anyone going direct to HR if they wish though and all the HR contacts would be in the company/office manual to contact should they wish to do so.

Linus and Yvonne are not the HR managers based on that video either, they literally say their external third party HR. The reason being HR can be anything and sometimes it just needs a quick chat to resolve and move forward and not a full HR investigation. That is why you use personal judgement. The good thing here is actually the HR is external. Most companies HR is internal, generally been there forever and thus feels like it is just another internal manager person to deal with where you may not be able to be honest.

I have given LLT/LMG and Linus personally a lot of stick from all this but this isn't one of the things I feel is to do so in terms of their procedures and policies around this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom