M4 SSD 5200 hour timebomb

Soldato
Strange how 4k doesn't seem to benefit while everything else does.

Surely 4K needs a fast access time as well as a good transfer rate. RAID0 only doubles the max transfer rate - it doesn't increase access times, which is still the same for both drives.

So moving small files won't be affected.

Associate
Zero problems updating my 2 drives (64gb and a 128gb.) in AHCI.

Not sure if this has been said above...

If you have more than one drive it just updates the first one and then locates the second. No need to download and burn a second version of the firmware. Seems to be the same for all...well certainly the 64gb and 128gb.

Buying another one tomorrow.... snigger snigger...

Associate
hi all just wanted to ask i just bought one of these and waing for the drive to come and going to upgrade it.

but the question is i have windows 7 64bit installed on a samsung F1 and have done a full image backup of the drive using win7 pro built in backup is it safe to put the image on the new SSD or do i need to do a clean install ? or do i need to use windows 7 cd first to format the drive before i put the image back on ?

just needed a little help on that

thanks

Soldato
hmmm, i was just about to order an M4 to replace my Velociraptor I have been using for the past god knows how long. The Velociraptor is going strong and my motherboard only supports 3gbps instead of 6. With the 5200 hour thing on top, do you think its wise to stick with my WD Velociraptor?

Back
Top Bottom