Mafia 3

Soldato
I just watched E3 2001 presentation of Mafia 1...
God damn the game was so advanced and full of details that 99% of today's games simply do not have despite having ten times larger teams on them, it makes me depressed

thank god for CD Projekt, Warhorse and Obsidian

Wow didnt realise there were others thought I was the only one.

Tried Fallout 4 but I just couldnt get into it. Then tried Witcher 3. Saw a bug early on where you train with swords against that older guy. He just stood there and never did anything but wave the sword. I tried to attack him etc and watched videos to check whether I was doing anything wrong. So I then had to backtrack and chose not to do the training then as I got into the game just found it the same meh yet it got 94% odd reviews.

Witcher 3 is a masterpiece. Weird about that bug, I did the tutorial several times and Vesemir was always reacting normally. The reviews and the amount of GOTY awards it got are completely warranted though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Of course that's obvious, there are no doubt people who hate Terminator 2 or Mona Lisa or Dark Side of the Moon. Doesn't affect their quality though.

I don't think anybody denies it's a quality title. I just didn't expect the game I genuinely wanted to be the best ever to hit me with a shallow, predictable and padded out narrative and to have so many gameplay inconsistencies. That brings it down to about 8 in my book but I realise it's all a matter of opinion. I couldn't bond with the story at all, I could see everything coming from a mile away and the pacing was off.

HoS and B&W blow the main game out of the water. I think it's just too big a game to sustain itself on such repetitive nature of the gameplay (a similar concern could be raised for MGSV, though it has a lot better gameplay mechanics bur even worse story IMO) fairly weak combat, unless you absolutely ADORE the storyline, which I know you do.

Mafia III is a lot worse, though;p

Permabanned
I don't think anybody denies it's a quality title. I just didn't expect the game I genuinely wanted to be the best ever to hit me with a shallow, predictable and padded out narrative and to have so many gameplay inconsistencies. That brings it down to about 8 in my book but I realise it's all a matter of opinion. I couldn't bond with the story at all, I could see everything coming from a mile away and the pacing was off.

HoS and B&W blow the main game out of the water. I think it's just too big a game to sustain itself on such repetitive nature of the gameplay (a similar concern could be raised for MGSV, though it has a lot better gameplay mechanics bur even worse story IMO) fairly weak combat, unless you absolutely ADORE the storyline, which I know you do.

Witcher 3 is for people who love story over actual decent game play. Lets face it the combat was pants, for an RPG there are no dungeons, the loot system is crap, almost no point exploring the ? unless you are OCD, endless tedious dialogue. Mostly enjoyed it but never finished it, generous 7/10 game for me.

Shame Mafia III is crud. :(

Soldato

Yeah we already went through this song and dance once. Too bad you and some others couldn't enjoy it as much as most people, thems the breaks.

It sucks Mafia 3 is so bad. I will still play through it most likely so my money doesn't go completely to waste, but...eh. Hopefully Dan Vavra will go back to it someday.

Soldato
Yeah we already went through this song and dance once. Too bad you and some others couldn't enjoy it as much as most people, thems the breaks.

It sucks Mafia 3 is so bad. I will still play through it most likely so my money doesn't go completely to waste, but...eh. Hopefully Dan Vavra will go back to it someday.

Well, to be fair, Polish reviewers weren't so forgiving and didn't hesitate to point out flaws which the rest of the world swept under the carpet due to overwhelming hype, so I don't think our criticism is without merit;p But, yeah, thems the breaks, our definitions of an absolute masterpiece are simply too different;p

Soldato
Mafia 3 seems to be fine for me now. It's still ugly and it does still crash-to-desktop far too frequently for my liking but now it has an unlocked frame rate. Running it with a SweetFX profile and 60fps it doesn't look too bad.

Back
Top Bottom