Mafia 3

Soldato
Ive ended out reinstalling Mafia 2 and completing that again rather than playing mafia 3... moving on to the DLC's for mafia 2 now....

Same, although the Mafia 2 DLC's weren't great :( still a good game though.

Saving me some money this, whenever a new game comes out I go back and play the previous iteration instead of buying the new ones :p

Associate
Jesus I get between 45/60fps on this game which is terrible considering my components.

I am enjoying the game although it is not what I wanted from the game initially.. I am having to play it in short bursts to offset the boredom kicking in.

Soldato
So since this game is a technical disaster in which it is impossible to get good framerates, I replayed Mafia 2 instead and now might replay Mafia 1, one of the greatest games ever.
With a few mods it still looks good:

xvfhdade3qyzs91.jpg

ttmjbtglmmcpsac.jpg

oviexws3hspk.jpg

yaxbwsfaysv9.jpg

ko6wbamtfsdw.jpg

Soldato
So since this game is a technical disaster in which it is impossible to get good framerates, I replayed Mafia 2 instead and now might replay Mafia 1, one of the greatest games ever.
With a few mods it still looks good:

xvfhdade3qyzs91.jpg

ttmjbtglmmcpsac.jpg

oviexws3hspk.jpg

yaxbwsfaysv9.jpg

ko6wbamtfsdw.jpg

Still looks great compared to the mess that Mafia 3 is, as does L.A Noire which I quite enjoyed too. :)

Associate
Just reviewed Mafia 3 on Steam and was as nice as I could possibly be with it. Total Score 10/100.
This was what I had to say about the release. Some parts have been taken out due to language restrictions on here....
I would say it is the worst game I have played on pc since I started PC gaming in 1992, I am not just talking graphics and performance either, everything just seemed to be rushed. Hanger 13 have seriously damaged there reputation. I reckon they should have stuck to a game they are capable to developing... like pong?

Associate
Just reviewed Mafia 3 on Steam and was as nice as I could possibly be with it. Total Score 10/100.
This was what I had to say about the release. Some parts have been taken out due to language restrictions on here....
I would say it is the worst game I have played on pc since I started PC gaming in 1992, I am not just talking graphics and performance either, everything just seemed to be rushed. Hanger 13 have seriously damaged there reputation. I reckon they should have stuck to a game they are capable to developing... like pong?

Take it you didn't play Arkham Knight?

Although I agree with Mafia III being a little disappointing, I disagree with it being THAT bad.

Associate
Yeah I played arkham knight, it was pretty bad but not on the same level as mafia 3 I wouldn't say. I am gutted it is so bad mafia 3, the textures and performance are just terrible.

Soldato
Damn, been on holiday and come back to find out this isn't going to live up to Mafia 2 by a long shot :-/

How the hell did they drop the ball on this?

Soldato
how easy is it to get Mafia 1 to work on PC windows 10? i'm really tempted to fire it up but the idea of all the hassle to get it to work is off putting.

Actually it was super easy and supposed no brainer to get Mafia 1 worked on Windows 10!

I was in same situation years ago when I found out I cant run Mafia 1 on 64 bit Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 because of issues with Indeo codec was 32 bit only, there was no 64 bit Indeo codec existed so everybody was stumped on this issue, same thing happened with Windows 10 too.

Until 2 weeks ago I decided to tried all the hassles to get Mafia 1 worked on Windows 10, I was browsed youtube and found someone managed to get Mafia 1 worked on Windows 10. I cant believed it was so really very simple no wondered so many people never thought about it and missed for around 10 years. When Mafia 1 setup installation started and it always pointed to destination folder C:\Program Files\Mafia, I tried that and C:\games\Mafia too but it still not worked. I watched the video the guy showed how Mafia worked on Windows 10 said Mafia must only installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mafia to get it worked properly on Windows 10. So I gave it a try and... WOW I cant believed it worked on 64 bit windows that I missed it after 10 years lots of hassles lol. :eek: :o

I don't needed Borderless Gaming app when I can used 1080p and 4K worked fine full screen in Mafia 1 without app. Mafia 1 worked much better with launch intros before reached main menu on Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode.

Completed Mafia 1 just a few days ago and now played through Mafia 2 in 4K maxed out, when complete it again and I will start play Mafia 3 first time at 1080p maxed out. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom