Magners Cider... *drool*

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I had some Stowford Press Export Cider the other week - it's one of the nicest ciders I've ever had; nicer than Magners :).

stowfordexportdm9.jpg

£1.50 for 660ml at 6% too :o.

Last edited:
Associate
Never really been a fan of cider, but don't mind Magners now and again. May have a bottle or two when i'm out as a change, but i think its watery as well.

Permabanned
Magners is ace. I mean it's nice in the bottle drinking but try it with ice, ice cold and it's a whole different taste, in all honesty I went through them like water, about 5 bottles in no time.

Soldato
I looooove Magners. But for some reason i prefer Bulmers, i know its practically the same drink but for some reason the other night i had one can of Magners and one of Bulmers and the Bulmers went down soooooo much nicer for some reason.

Permabanned
merrydown for pre-lashes is the one :p

Yes at 54p a can you can't go wrong :rolleyes: alc percentage 2% or something.

If you want to buy cheap cider I suppose you could go for the chav option and hit the white star at £1.15 a bottle with about 6.75% alc content. Or white lightning.

For quality strongbow and magners, bulmers tastes the same as magners imo. Magners for sweetness and strongbow for bitter.

Associate
Can't belive the almighty Kopparberg hasn't been mentioned!

Seriously, get down to Asda/Tesco and get some pear kopparberg, then go into a Wetherspoons and get an apple/summer fruits kopparberg, you will NOT regret it.

I am 18 and know these kind of things!

Soldato
Magners is lovely, but you should try Ashton Press; that stuff is the best cider I've ever tasted. Most Wetherspoon establishments do it afaik. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper than Magners.

Soldato
Agreed it is nice. Much more refined than Strongbow. Bulmers is quite nice as is Gaymers. I've had some bad experiences with Strongbow the stuff is bloody lethal. Gone of it for life tbh after drinking way too much for my own good a few weeks ago :p (Strongbow that is). All I drink is Cider and Magners wins everytime. Bloody expensive though.

Soldato
I like Magners, unfortunately they don't have it at my local, they sell Bulmers instead, which is quite a rip off at £3.60 :o

Edit: Just read the thread and see it's the same thing \o/ still a rip off, although to be honest with them also charging £5.50 for a double jack and coke i'm not suprised :o Anything's better than larger anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
I find Magners is a lot more gassy than Bulmers, but otherwise tastes very similar, as well as costing about a £1 more, so I'd choose Bulmers if I had the choice.

Strongbow is horrible, unless with blackcurrant.

Kopperberg is the king of all ciders though, especially the pear one.... *licks lips*

Back
Top Bottom