Magners Cider... *drool*

Man of Honour
I've been reliably informed (by Gilly anyway) that they are not always the same drink when on the mainland. Bulmers in Ireland and Magners on the mainland are the same drink but Bulmers on the mainland is something differently apparantly.

Bulmers Original Vintage Cider is a brand of cider produced in Ireland. To prevent confusion with the English cider of the same name, it is sold outside of the Republic of Ireland as Magners Original Irish Cider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulmers_(Republic_of_Ireland)

Soldato
Try to find one like this.

Its a black can and has a red letter K on the front. Very nice when ice cold. Not seen it for a while so not sure if its still out there, but its very good.

Bri

Bri

Soldato
Try to find one like this.

Its a black can and has a red letter K on the front. Very nice when ice cold. Not seen it for a while so not sure if its still out there, but its very good.

Otherwise known as 'K Cider' ;) Used to drink it when I was 15 somethimes, bloody awful stuff it was :(

Soldato
I find anything that had old bits of dead wasp at some point during fermantation superior to anything you get in a can/magners/bulmers/strongbow etc bottle. Old Rosie is quite good. If it's available in the pub, Stowford press is good. I'll settle for a nice Westons (the 8.2% one), or a Westons scrumpy, but never any of this mass-adverised wee.

Best bet is to go to a farm shop with cider tasting and try all the different varietes. As you're in Sussex, Richdog, get yourself down to Middle farm, outside Lewes on the A27 towards Eastbourne. They have well over a hundred different ones to try. Make damn sure you're not driving though :cool:

Soldato
Soldato
Bulmers in the UK is completely different to Magners.

Kopparberg mings. Magners is ok-ish, Aspalls Premier Cru or Thatchers Katy are both lush.

Soldato

But I was in Stoke when I tried them side-by-side and couldn't taste a difference. I'm no alcoholic drink expert, but I can taste when drinks are different - the ones I tried certainly didn't taste different. Unless it's something really vague you and you need 2 pints before you notice it :p

Associate

lol you do realize its all made in the same place and just goes into differently labeled bottles and cans? and that they both taste the same, and it only called bulmers cause thats what they call it in the republic of ireland...

Soldato
lol you do realize its all made in the same place and just goes into differently labeled bottles and cans? and that they both taste the same, and it only called bulmers cause thats what they call it in the republic of ireland...

Thats not true Courage make and bottle Bulmers, Magners is by a different company. I know this because I get cases of Bulmers free sometimes from a friend who works for courage.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom