Malaysian Grand Prix 2011, Sepang International Circuit - Race 2/19

Man of Honour
Seems Martin Brundle shares our views:

29ql3mg.png

Caporegime
Sorry to disappoint. But sunlight and gardening (well....pulling dead bits of tree out of the ground and stuffing them into the brown bin if that counts as gardening) mellows me right out, and in all honesty what would be the point in me trying to say that this is not necessarily Yet Another Example Of Pro-Ferrari Bias™? :)

Not from you, I was expecting a forum uprising against the FIA for punishing the pair of them but in a manner in which only Hamilton actually got punished. No one really took the Ferrari International Assistance mantle and ran with it though, so there was nothing to really induce rage when you came to read the thread :(

Caporegime
I really despair at F1 any accidental collision or attempt to race is punished and then they wonder why races have become largely uneventful with drivers scared to take a risk.

Drivers defending position used to be just as entertaining as overtaking, now they can't move more than once and we're treated to mainly predictable dives down the inside using a glorified cheat mechanism (DRS) and threat of punishment for the defending driver if he puts up too much resistance. :(

Alonso made a mistake it didn't warrant any penalty and Hamilton would be better off in another sport where racing drivers can be racing drivers.

Soldato
I've been wondering since the start of this season what F1 would be like if they were still using the best tires available, fuel in pit stops, unrestricted rules for overtaking/defending a position and less restriction on aero.

Caporegime
I've been wondering since the start of this season what F1 would be like if they were still using the best tires available, fuel in pit stops, unrestricted rules for overtaking/defending a position and less restriction on aero.

Boring as sin, as they'd never get anywhere near the back of another car with unrestricted aero, as the cars would be far too dependent on it for their speed, along with probably being even more disruptive to following cars than it ever has before.

Soldato
Heh what a ridiculous penalty, for both parties. Was simply a racing accident no way did it seem like Lewis was being unfair? :/

However, much love to Petrov who gave many lols after his heavy landing only to find the steering column in his hands, god that was hilarious!

Soldato
What on earth was the point of this FIA intervention. It has achieved nothing except "show the world how powerful we are! YEAH! LOOK AT US WE CAN MEDDLE WITH F1 RACE RESULTS IF WE FEEL LIKE IT. WHAT CAN YOU DO?!"

Its a stewards decision not an FIA decision. Some people seem to have difficulty in understanding that.

Think as the FIA as parliament and the stewards as a judge in a particular case. The FIA has no involvement in that case.

Back
Top Bottom