Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Permabanned
Another attack expected....

The UK terror threat level has been raised to its highest level of "critical", meaning further attacks may be imminent, Theresa May has said.

The move came after investigators were unable to rule out whether Manchester bombing suspect Salman Abedi acted alone, the prime minister said.

Military personnel will now be deployed to protect key sites.

Twenty-two people were killed and 59 injured when a suicide bomber attacked concert-goers at Manchester Arena.

Army will be deployed.

Soldato
You know that they've foiled 5 attackes since Westminster, but you're right, they should listen to you and try harder to keep you safe so you can type away from your keyboard.

I know they have. But I still stand by my ground when I think we are too soft on homegrown extremists.

Permabanned
BREAKINGManchester attack suspect Salford University student
Posted at22:03

The main suspect of the Manchester Arena attack Salman Abedi, 22, was a student at Salford University, it has confirmed.

The university said in a statement on its website it was "assisting Greater Manchester Police with their enquiries".

Associate
Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

Soldato
I'm trying to point out to people here that we shouldn't be making sweeping statements about individual religions and that it's about extremism and interpretations.

If we're going to have proper debate, we need to get away from this paint brush argument that a lot of people like to throw out. Of course not all Muslims are terrorists, but you just have to look to see whats going on within Islam, there's a serious problem. Pew polls, Global research, many questionnaires have been put out about this and some of the stats are terrifying. The general consensus within Islam is ~15% to ~20% have views which align with extremism, out of 1.6 billion muslims, that's approx 240m to 320m people. Not cool!

Even 5% is 80m people, a population larger than the UK determined to see the destruction of everyone but their own. The majority of Muslims are peaceful people who just want to get on with life, unfortunately it's the majority that are irrelevant, it's the minority that kill.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us"

It's the go to phrase now, she isn't the one living in a family affected by these attrocities, families who go through losing a child, sibling, father or mother have a higher chance of ending up disfunctional and she also doesn't have to live with limbs or whatever else missing as I'm sure some of the injured will have to.

Soldato
It's the go to phrase now, she isn't the one living in a family affected by these attrocities, families who go through losing a child, sibling, father or mother have a higher chance of ending up disfunctional and she also doesn't have to live with limbs or whatever else missing as I'm sure some of the injured will have to.

Apart from she lost both her parents before the age of 26. She also can't have children. Leave the political smearing out of it, it's cheap.

Caporegime
Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

What's he actually trying to say there?

It sounds like he's arguing that Kahn should be condemning IS because he's a Muslim. Why?

And the everyone should stop/change what they are doing today because 22 people died. Isn't that what the terrorists want to happen?

I guess he's already forgotten about Jo Cox? And that the Queens second cousin was killed by terrorists 40 year ago. Or do they not count, because the perpetrators weren't Muslim?

Caporegime
Can someone also explain to me why its today that seems to have caught on with people?

The bomb literally went off yesterday night... surely that's the pertinent date?

Soldato
You don't have to. Why, do you feel like your ability to criticise or mock religion is in some way limited? Pull the other one, for verily it doth have bells thereupon.

Either way, religion isn't going anywhere; sorry.

I feel like religion is given too much respect. It's all a bunch of nonsense with no validity.

My point is, I find it weird that it's controversial to have negative thoughts towards a religion, whatever that religion may be. If anything, it should be controversial to believe in a religion.

Can someone also explain to me why its today that seems to have caught on with people?

The bomb literally went off yesterday night... surely that's the pertinent date?

It happened when most people were sleeping.

Also got the terrorist link confirmed which inevitably ****** people off.

Back
Top Bottom