Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Caporegime
I feel like religion is given too much respect. It's all a bunch of nonsense with no validity.

My point is, I find it weird that it's controversial to have negative thoughts towards a religion, whatever that religion may be.
Since when is it controversial? Good grief. You talk like you're pilloried for being irreligious.

Soldato
Everyone from popstars to politicians are speaking out about this despicable act.

If the news people are supposed to be impartial why aren't they getting imams on to condemn the attacks?

Soldato
Critical level means they have intelligence about something. They wouldn't raise the threat level otherwise due to the massive costs per day due to increased police resources and army call up.

Caporegime
Critical level means they have intelligence about something. They wouldn't raise the threat level otherwise due to the massive costs per day due to increased police resources and army call up.

Im pretty sure they get paid the same salary as does the military, i dont see why it would cost more?

Associate
First of all, thoughts go out to those caught up, horrible news to be waking up to. I studied there for university so I hope everyone I knew up there is ok.

But I would like just to go back to the previous points a few posts back. Do NOT get the wrong end of the stick, no sympathising going on here. But understanding motivation is important, and frankly I find it a bit distressing that some here cannot see why there are those out there committing horrible acts and instead resort to "just pure evil, scum etc etc".

Whether it's through brainwashing, general misguidedness or straight stupidity, if you genuinely believed that you were in the right and that terrible things were happening to your people... don't you all see how this can be one outcome?

Terrorism in this form is completely impossible to stop 100%. Yes you can kill the head of ISIS, you can break up cells, you can even stop the lone wolf nutter who went to the shop to buy a ton of nails. But you want stop it every time. A more long term solution is to somehow persuade that group of people that we are not the devil, we actually aren't that bad.

How that exactly happens I'm not sure.

Anyway as I said, please don't confuse what I'm saying as sympathising... I don't condone this at all. But there are reasons behind things beyond "they are bad".

It's nice to know i'm not alone. 'Know thine enemy'.

Peace to all the victims and their families

Caporegime
its been a large attack for britain so they show force.keeps us all calm. while they figure what is what.

as soon as it happenend the first thing i though was what is next.that is why.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
**** religion.

Let's see if that is considered controversial ^^

I think quite a few people already beat you to it.

Anyway, presumably we're going to find a note or a video explaining why he chose to commit such an act, justifying it through various verses of the Quran - without mentioning Iraq, Afghanistan or any other Muslim country - then sign it off by confirming that his parents gave him the approval to go on his little 'jihad'.

Man of Honour

Somewhat concerningly the bomb in this instance seemed to be fairly competently put together - that has a high chance of indicating the involvement of someone other than the bomber as while not always the case those with that level of skill with improvised explosives generally aren't the same ones blowing themselves up and having potentially perfected the production they are likely to try and use it again - that might be tomorrow or if not caught, etc. 5 years from now.

That is something the security services can't ignore and might be all there is to raising the threat level.

Soldato

The military get paid a fixed wage with basically 24/7 coverage. They can be called up at any time.

Back
Top Bottom